Helping my Male Friend Find Boston Area BBWs?

Mary-Anne G. Wolf

Aug 11, 2006, 11:06:20 AM8/11/06
A male friend of mine tried to start a relationship with a woman and
it did not work out. She had some negative history and was
oversensitive. He lent her a racy graphic novel and she decided to
be offended and feel unsafe and I don't think the relationship can be
saved.

He is a relatively new pagan. His witchvox self description is here:
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_pa.html?a=usma&id=234660

While I don't know if he would be polyamorous in theory,
I feel reasonably certain he would be monogamous in practice.

The lady he dated was a BBW, arguably supersized. He is a midsized
BHM but I did not know until now that he liked big women. He has a
nasty stammer. He is also a Libertarian.

Somewhere not too far from where he lives, I hope there is a
Libertarian friendly and Pagan friendly BBW who would welcome an
unmarried heterosexual reasonably financially stable male romantic
friend. The question is, can I offer him any suggestions on how to
find such a person?

I know he just missed the NAAFA convention, but that's too big and not
local enough for what I have in mind.

Any ideas?

Mary-Anne
@--------------------

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Aug 11, 2006, 9:27:56 PM8/11/06

You could, of course, go the route of trying to find people in his area
who can specifically recommend people. I know some people in Boston,
but I don't know if they're looking (and I'd feel weird referring
someone to them who I didn't know). He could also try dating sites like
OKCupid and so on. I think, though, that the best way to find people is
to go out to things where there are people, and go out to them for the
events, not just as a way to hook up. Joining groups that meet for
topics he's interested and so on. I don't think I met anybody I've been
involved with through a direct "meet people to date" situation -- they
were all through other things (in school, through creative writing
events, on IRC chat channels, etc.). I really think that that's the
best way to encounter people and get to know them.

Mary-Anne G. Wolf

Aug 14, 2006, 10:11:04 AM8/14/06
In article <4k4p4sF...@individual.net>,

Irfon-Kim Ahmad <ir...@ambienautica.com> wrote:
>Mary-Anne G. Wolf <m...@TheWorld.com> wrote:
>> friend. The question is, can I offer him any suggestions on how to
>> find such a person?

>You could, of course, go the route of trying to find people in his area

>who can specifically recommend people. I know some people in Boston,
>but I don't know if they're looking (and I'd feel weird referring
>someone to them who I didn't know).

..

>I think, though, that the best way to find people is
>to go out to things where there are people, and go out to them for the
>events, not just as a way to hook up.

Thank-you for responding.

While I agree with what you say as general advice,
there are a lot of places one can go,
and it's a matter of finding the right ones.

Do you think the people you know,
that you think he might get along with,
could recommend any public places to go
where people like them could be found?

Mary-Anne

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Aug 17, 2006, 8:57:22 AM8/17/06
Mary-Anne G. Wolf <m...@TheWorld.com> wrote:

> Do you think the people you know,
> that you think he might get along with,
> could recommend any public places to go
> where people like them could be found?

I put the word out and got no response, so I don't have much to suggest,
I'm afraid.