Prozac and lump in throat

Alison Stott

Jun 11, 2001, 6:59:36 AM6/11/01
Hello all

This is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can help. I've been
back on the Prozac (20mg) for a week now. I'd been off it for over a
year and not too bad until things got hectic with work and moving house.

Anyway, back on it, and feeling a bit better, but seem to have a
persistent lump in my throat, just like there is something stuck in it.
Examination shows nothing.

Has anyone else had this. Doctor said feelings of lumps in throat can
be linked to the depression and anxiety, but it feels so real like there
is something there.

Any advice welcomed!

Alison

FerroWX17

Jun 24, 2001, 8:28:47 PM6/24/01
See my post below.....

> > > Hello all

Any advice welcomed!

Alison

Hello Alison and all.

My mother is taking Prozac and I don't even think she needs to be on it. She
was on Xanax longer than she should have been, the doctor didn't tell her it
was a fast acting---don't be on it more than two weeks long. Eventually the
"allergic to 'benzos' came to be" and she was then put on Prozac, (also) being
on it for a week.

The current issue is that she is having more digestive problems and is going
for a colonoscopy this Wednesday. I am strongly thinking that she is having
side effects of the Prozac along with the weak, etc. things happening with her
apparent problem. I was also thinking that she should wane off of the Prozac
from the last 8 days taking 20mg, to 15mg tomorrow, 10mg on Tuesday and 5mg on
Wednesday.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

FerroWX17

Jun 24, 2001, 8:37:29 PM6/24/01
Also.....she hasn't seemed depressed in between the two medicines, when she was
taking Prozac once a day for the last 8 days she is getting rather bad side
effects. Thanks again.

John

Jul 1, 2001, 6:01:19 PM7/1/01
Strange! I had ju
"FerroWX17" <ferr...@aol.com> wrote in message

John

Jul 1, 2001, 6:02:07 PM7/1/01
Strange! I had ju

Zemedelec

Jul 1, 2001, 9:48:52 PM7/1/01
<< Anyway, back on it, and feeling a bit better, but seem to have a
> persistent lump in my throat, just like there is something stuck in it.
> Examination shows nothing.
>
> Has anyone else had this. Doctor said feelings of lumps in throat can be
> linked to the depression and anxiety, but it feels so real like there is
> something there.

Your doctor's right--there's a name for the feeling, something unappealing like
globus hystericus, and it's not uncommon. Ask her to tell you about the
mechanism that causes this sensation. I'm not a doc but I assume the feeling
is caused by something like small muscles there getting tense because of
stress, so you have the "lump in the throat" sensation.
zemedelec

kellee....@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2019, 11:13:05 PM6/19/19
I have the exact feeling in my throat. I’m curious what causes this. It started after I started taking the Prozac. I hope it goes away. I feel like I have a golf ball stuck in my throat.

cristen...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2019, 2:45:55 PM7/27/19
I have the feeling, too, but I think it has something to do with mucus. I feel like I have more mucus in my throat because of Prozac (been taking it for a week now). Having horrible dry mouth, too.

Kay

Feb 1, 2020, 3:46:36 PM2/1/20
I've been on the generic for Prozac which is "Fluoxetine" for yrs. Just over the past month I am having the feeling it is getting stuck in my throat. I live in Mass. and my son who lives in N.C. is on it also and he has the same complaint (He is a pharmacist). He told me it could be a new manufacturer of that drug. I called my pharmacy and asked if they could look at my records to see if it is a different manufacturer. They said no it wasn't. I told them my son has the same problem. I asked the pharmacist to check if there other pharmacies (CVS) and and flouxetine by a different manufacturer and he said they did. I asked him to have them send over a new batch for me so I could try them. He also said it could be a different brand. My reply was, well would it still be flouxetine? He said yes. So he will get some sent to his CVS and I'll try those instead. P.S. I take several other meds a day and this is the only drug that gets stuck in my throat.

haley....@stu.scott.kyschools.us

Jun 10, 2020, 2:54:31 AM6/10/20
if anyone knows any info on this can u please lmk! i feel like a big pill is stuck down my throat.

Cannabis World

Dec 19, 2020, 9:36:04 PM12/19/20
Buy FDA approved medications online at https://lukerxpharmacy.com/product/buy-xanax-2mg-online/