Remedy for Summer Depression (Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder)

jusschan

Apr 25, 2008, 3:36:23 PM4/25/08
Hi all,

After reading blogs of summer SAD sufferers, it is reassuring to know that
i am not alone with this disorder. Every spring and summer I've experince
the symptoms of this disorder: hopelessness, insomia, irritability,
anxiety, isolation from friends, low energy, and the list goes on and on.
I feel like a totally different person as opposed to how i am during the
fall and winter season. During the spring and summer, I feel like a dead
person inside of me. However, when fall season approaches, i feel refresh
and enjoy being the person that i was meant to be,which continues to last
until Spring. As I can remember, I have been suffering with this disorder
since my high school years. For many years i was frustrated with this
disorder until I started taking effexor in 02' and it has helped me
tremdously for the past 6 years. I am 34 years old now and currently
relapse of this disorder because i stopped taking my effexor medication
for 1 year thinking that my SAD went away for good. Surprisingly, as
spring 08' approached, i started feeling the symptoms again and knew i
needed to get back on my medication. I have learned from this disorder
that medication is the only way to fight this disorder. In the past, i
have tried exercising, meditation, anything you can think of, besides
medication and none of those things seem to work, until i tried taking
effexor. I'm not hear to promote effexor, instead just wanted to share my
experience with you on how i cope with this disorder. I hope this message
helps people who are struggling with this disorder.

Juss

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutsupport.com/group/soc.support.depression.seasonal/
More information at http://www.talkaboutsupport.com/faq.html