Lady Gold High Sheriff of Nettingham, OCF and PBB

Markem

Jun 30, 2020, 10:39:12 PM6/30/20
Copied from fetlife

Friends,

It's with profound sadness I'm posting unhappy news about our dear
friend LadyGold (Liz). A welfare check last month found her deceased
at home of natural causes.

If you've memories of her to share, please do. Her history in our
community spans decades of teaching and writing about Rope, from her
families of choice in Raleigh, through the founding of Sanctuary in
Dallas, to her last years here in Houston. Not only was she my rope
partner for many years, but also my sailing mate, racing hard in often
crazy weather. She's even listed on a couple of legacy trophies.

As best I know, she had two surviving kinfolk, and I'll pass along
more info when possible.

Deepest condolences to all who knew LadyGold,
-- GrinderTX

a425couple

Jul 20, 2020, 12:43:28 PM7/20/20
On 6/30/2020 7:39 PM, Markem wrote:
> Copied from fetlife
>
> Friends,
> It's with profound sadness I'm posting unhappy news about our dear
> friend LadyGold (Liz). A welfare check last month found her deceased
> at home of natural causes. ----
>
> but also my sailing mate, racing hard in often
> crazy weather. She's even listed on a couple of legacy trophies.

Sad. RIP

I wonder what she sailed in Houston.

For my little dinky 5 acre lake, I have a little dinky
9'6" Nutshell Pram, with a Balanced Lug Rig sail.
Fair number of years, no problem.
Last week, a sudden gust tipped me quickly and suddenly,
and sadly, the proper reaction of letting loose the sheet
(rope controlling angle of sail = thus resistance)
did not overcome the reaction of hanging on tight,,,,
so the boat tipped enough to fill with water and capsize.

Well, that is why I always wear a life vest.
And only sail while wife is home. It was indeed a
relief when she arrived in the canoe.