pulls the chair off the table

songbird

Nov 21, 2015, 10:21:51 PM11/21/15
turns it over, sets it on the floor and
knocks a little of the dust off, but it
doesn't matter that much anyways since a
little dust is about what's on my clothes...

finds a glass on the shelf, rinses the
dust out of that too and pours a bit of
something from a nearby bottle. the
lable is faded and smudged. it could be
shoe polish remover...

smiles a little at the reflection in
the cracked mirror and notices the lights
haven't been upgraded yet and the gas
flames battle with the evening light.

the snow drifts down outside, enough to
keep the wolves quiet for a while and
the fireplace is starting to catch, but
the draw is weak and the flue probably
needs a bit of cleaning too.

sips a bit and relaxes. knows that
tomorrow will be busy with shovels and
putting snow from one place to another.
there's really no point to it other than
to keep the beasts paths clear for they
are not fun to dig out of the slush and
ice when they get wedged.

yawns a bit, takes a nap in the chair
and waits for the fire to warm the place
more. perhaps someone will come alone and
want a bit of something too?

dreams of long ago, seems often like
yesterday...

songbird

Cheezits

Nov 23, 2015, 6:20:54 PM11/23/15
songbird <song...@anthive.com> tweeted:
[...]

I thought this Usenet thingy had been retired!

> yawns a bit, takes a nap in the chair
> and waits for the fire to warm the place
> more. perhaps someone will come alone and
> want a bit of something too?
>
> dreams of long ago, seems often like
> yesterday...

We just got the fire going for the first time this year. The porch is full
of firewood and it hasn't snowed yet.

Sue (waiting for spring)

paul wallich

Nov 23, 2015, 6:32:13 PM11/23/15
We have yet to bring in the firewood. Such complaining.

Cheezits

Nov 23, 2015, 6:58:32 PM11/23/15
paul wallich <p...@panix.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/15 6:20 PM, Cheezits wrote:
[etc.]
>> We just got the fire going for the first time this year. The porch
>> is full of firewood and it hasn't snowed yet.
>
> We have yet to bring in the firewood. Such complaining.

The BF says that this is unusually late in the year to be starting the wood
stove.

Sue (now posting from a new location)

songbird

Nov 24, 2015, 11:15:40 AM11/24/15
Cheezits wrote:
> We just got the fire going for the first time this year. The porch is full
> of firewood and it hasn't snowed yet.

five inches of snow the other day and it's scattered
a few more flakes since, but most of it has already
melted and we're due for a few warmer days and some
rains so those may take care of it until the next
rounds arrive.

it's close to winter enough for me. but i was
hoping to get some apple saplings transplanted before
the real cold weather hits and the ground gets
frozen.

> Sue (waiting for spring)

me too! i can only do so much stuff inside
before i want to get back outside in the gardens
again.

songbird

songbird

Nov 24, 2015, 11:15:41 AM11/24/15
Cheezits wrote:
> The BF says that this is unusually late in the year to be starting the wood
> stove.
>
> Sue (now posting from a new location)

where are you at these days? i'm still in mid-Michigan.

songbird

paul wallich

Nov 24, 2015, 2:28:36 PM11/24/15
On 11/24/15 11:15 AM, songbird wrote:
> Cheezits wrote:
>> We just got the fire going for the first time this year. The porch is full
>> of firewood and it hasn't snowed yet.
>
> five inches of snow the other day and it's scattered
> a few more flakes since, but most of it has already
> melted and we're due for a few warmer days and some
> rains so those may take care of it until the next
> rounds arrive.

We had snow in October, then a couple times again this month, but it
hasn't stuck. It's gotten cold tho...

Cheezits

Nov 24, 2015, 10:40:09 PM11/24/15
Another part of southeastern PA. I moved to Chester County about 8 years
ago, and for the last year I've been living in Montco with a guy from
OKCupid. :-D

Sue (profile not found)

songbird

Nov 25, 2015, 11:04:52 AM11/25/15
Cheezits wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>> where are you at these days? i'm still in mid-Michigan.
>
> Another part of southeastern PA. I moved to Chester County about 8 years
> ago, and for the last year I've been living in Montco with a guy from
> OKCupid. :-D
>
> Sue (profile not found)

congrats and all that!

did you ask him out? :)

i got nowhere on OKC and gave up years ago.

songbird

songbird

Nov 25, 2015, 11:04:53 AM11/25/15
paul wallich wrote:
> We had snow in October, then a couple times again this month, but it
> hasn't stuck. It's gotten cold tho...

we're having a warm spell for a few days which
should be long enough for me to redo a project
which keeps rainwater out of the garage.

just waiting for the sun to get around to the
west side of the house...

we got really spoiled a few weeks ago with
mid-60sF weather.

i'm not really bothered by snow after living
up north for all those years. these winters
down here are very mild in comparison.

hope you have a great TG!

songbird

Cheezits

Nov 25, 2015, 8:24:26 PM11/25/15
songbird <song...@anthive.com> wrote:
[etc.]
> did you ask him out? :)

Silly bird - you know women don't do askout!

> i got nowhere on OKC and gave up years ago.

He sent me a message in 2012, and a couple of years later I answered.
Better late than never!

Sue

songbird

Nov 27, 2015, 2:15:27 PM11/27/15
Cheezits wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>> did you ask him out? :)
>
> Silly bird - you know women don't do askout!

;)

>> i got nowhere on OKC and gave up years ago.
>
> He sent me a message in 2012, and a couple of years later I answered.
> Better late than never!

i'm glad it worked out. :)

i can't believe it's been as long as it has been
since i broke up with my last partner. seems like
just a short time ago and yet it's been over seven
years. went through a hard spell at work and then
eventually quit so since then it's been pretty
routine here. gardening season and then winter and
indoor things until spring comes around again.

whatever you do don't ask me how many beans i
grow here (i can't answer anyways!).

songbird

songbird

Dec 8, 2015, 10:35:56 PM12/8/15
> more. perhaps someone will come along and
^

^
fixed
now
.

> want a bit of something too?
>
> dreams of long ago, seems often like
> yesterday...

it does seem like yesterday that my dusty
ass sat in the chair and waited and i was
happy to have a few friends come by.

when i could write like the above at the
drop of a hat and images would come clear
and easy.

Sunday was a nice enough day that i could
do a little digging outside and bury stuff
that friends brought. the gardens need the
elevation, the worms like the organic stuff
and it gives me an excuse to play in the dirt.

then we have days like yesterday that
started nicely enough and it kept getting
better.

we had to run a few errands before meeting
soem friends for lunch. one of those was
to return some dvds to the library. as i
was leaving a long time family friend came
in the door and we gave each other big hugs.
major crush on her those many years ago.

then we went off and had lunch and it was
a great deal of fun. we don't see these
friends as often as we'd like. they had a
used camera that they were willing to sell
for not much so i now have a camera again,
but i have to wait a bit until they get
the pictures off the memory chip before i
get that part back. i'm almost afraid of
using it, but i have a few images in mind
and then to test out the macro zoom to see
how much detail it will actually pick up.
waiting for some light/sunshine...

and then we went on to do a little
shopping and while in the store a nice
gal smiled at me and i thought it was great
as usually not many people really look or
smile, they're just shoppin'... and then
as we were checking out and having a fun
converation with the checkout girl about
whatever (with Ma things can get kinda
wild and crazy at times in a good way :) )
and this same person walked by and this
time not only did she smile, but she said
hello. of course i smiled back but i was
probably also in a bit of shock. this
just does not happen to me...

so yes, it did make me smile and made my
day nicer than it already was. :)

songbird