Lost Weekend

paul wallich

Apr 13, 2015, 6:46:20 AM4/13/15
I guess next year I'm getting my flu shot. J had it last weekend, but
only mildly. B had it during the week, but was mostly up and about. I
got out of bed a few times, but that was it. "Ooh, I'll just rest for a
minute after my shower" and suddenly it was three hours later. (By the
way, have any of you folks had a thing where an illness with generalized
inflammation and joint pain made old injuries hurt? I had particular
unpleasantness around old sprains and tears. And not even predicting the
weather.)

And after sleeping the clock around a couple times, when should I come
out of things ready to start moving again, with merely a sore throat for
my troubles? 2 in the morning, of course. Every minute between then and
now has been making up for the time I missed...

paul

songbird

Apr 13, 2015, 9:21:18 AM4/13/15
paul wallich wrote:

> I guess next year I'm getting my flu shot. J had it last weekend, but
> only mildly. B had it during the week, but was mostly up and about. I
> got out of bed a few times, but that was it. "Ooh, I'll just rest for a
> minute after my shower" and suddenly it was three hours later. (By the
> way, have any of you folks had a thing where an illness with generalized
> inflammation and joint pain made old injuries hurt? I had particular
> unpleasantness around old sprains and tears. And not even predicting the
> weather.)

that doesn't sound like any fun at all!
i don't recall anything like that.

> And after sleeping the clock around a couple times, when should I come
> out of things ready to start moving again, with merely a sore throat for
> my troubles? 2 in the morning, of course. Every minute between then and
> now has been making up for the time I missed...

hope you feel better soon. :)

this past winter we had the crud going around here that
put a lot of people in the hospitals. i don't know what it
was but we also had some illness here through December and
January. there were a few days where i did nothing much
other than stare at the walls and made up stories (when i
get bad enough that i don't want to read that's really the
worst it can get for me). luckily, i was able to sleep at
night, the coughing went away long enough for me to fall
asleep. Ma had a much milder case, i thought she wasn't
going to get it, but a month after i started coughing she
finally picked it up. she felt better before i did.

spring weather here, some flowers coming out at last and
enough rain, it's almost a normal spring for a change too,
not going right into hot weather from the cold. beautiful
day outside yesterday. tree pollen season is always fun
for me too, but i don't care it's just nice to have some
warmer weather and real thunderstorms.

songbird