Buffalo snows

songbird

Nov 23, 2014, 4:26:44 PM11/23/14
reminds me of Warren.

songbird

Plague Boy

Nov 23, 2014, 4:56:30 PM11/23/14
On 11/23/14 4:26 PM, songbird wrote:
> reminds me of Warren.

I was just re-reading some ssm last night and thinking of some of
the people here, or formerly here.

The Capital District didn't get much snow, and it's melted. I spent the
day raking and mowing and removing things that would not be good to hit
with the snowblower. The snowblower has proved to be a good investment.

When I got my car inspected, the garage told me I would need new front
tires before the next inspection. Figured I would budget for them and
get them in time for this winter, as they looked pretty thin. However,
the car decided to suffer a third round of Sudden Brake Failure,
fortunately in my driveway. I managed to limp to the garage on the
parking brake, and got the brakes and tires for under $400 total. Cue
another Humungous Credit Card Bill this month *sigh*. Still, it could
have been much worse.

Now I'm inside, with an ache in my back and a cat in my lap, said
cat seemingly having forgiven me for applying Frontline earlier this
afternoon. Of course, it *is* approaching dinnertime.

Dinsdale?

Diiiiiiiinnnnnsssssdaaaaaaaaale!

--
PB
February 13, 2008:

songbird

Nov 23, 2014, 6:12:08 PM11/23/14
Plague Boy wrote:
>songbird wrote:

>> reminds me of Warren.
>
> I was just re-reading some ssm last night and thinking of some of
> the people here, or formerly here.

yeah... we are just on the edge of the rains
now and i sure hope they fade a lot before
getting to western NY.

> The Capital District didn't get much snow, and it's melted. I spent the
> day raking and mowing and removing things that would not be good to hit
> with the snowblower. The snowblower has proved to be a good investment.

we have two people here who have time to
shovel so we still do it by hand. we do need
a new shovel sometime soon, but we've been
saying that for a few years now. plastic is
a bad choice in shovel blade material even
if it is edged with metal.

> When I got my car inspected, the garage told me I would need new front
> tires before the next inspection. Figured I would budget for them and
> get them in time for this winter, as they looked pretty thin. However,
> the car decided to suffer a third round of Sudden Brake Failure,
> fortunately in my driveway. I managed to limp to the garage on the
> parking brake, and got the brakes and tires for under $400 total. Cue
> another Humungous Credit Card Bill this month *sigh*. Still, it could
> have been much worse.

hope that has it taken care of. SBF is no
fun. had that happen to me a few years ago.
the parking brake works a little, but with
all the weight in the front sometimes the
back wheels would just lock and slide instead
of slowing me down. learned quickly to go
a lot slower until i got the brake lines
replaced.

> Now I'm inside, with an ache in my back and a cat in my lap, said
> cat seemingly having forgiven me for applying Frontline earlier this
> afternoon. Of course, it *is* approaching dinnertime.
>
> Dinsdale?
>
> Diiiiiiiinnnnnsssssdaaaaaaaaale!

:) they are very forgiving of heat sources this
time of the year, especially those that feed them.

songbird