"It is against the law to drive around or under a crossing gate..."

Penelope Periwinkle

Oct 16, 2007, 10:49:02 AM10/16/07

I was on my way back from motor pool yesterday; and as I approached
the train crossing, with much clanging and flashing of lights, the
arms of the half gates came down. I hate this crossing, if you get
caught there, you can usually expect a wait of 20 or 30 minutes.

I leaned forward to see if I saw the train, but there was nothing in
either direction. Grumbling and growling, I sat back to wait. About
then a monarch butterfly flittered by, following along the tracks. As
soon as it had passed, the flashing lights and clanging stopped, and
the arms of the half gates opened.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn" <eli...@everybodycansing.com>

Guy Barry

Oct 16, 2007, 4:16:34 PM10/16/07
On Oct 16, 3:49 pm, Penelope Periwinkle <pperiwin...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

> About
> then a monarch butterfly flittered by, following along the tracks. As
> soon as it had passed, the flashing lights and clanging stopped, and
> the arms of the half gates opened.

And you know, if only it had flittered by the other way, it'd have
created an earthquake in China.

Guy

Debbi

Oct 17, 2007, 9:20:48 AM10/17/07
On 16 Oct 2007 10:49:02 -0400, Penelope Periwinkle
<pperi...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I was on my way back from motor pool yesterday; and as I approached
>the train crossing, with much clanging and flashing of lights, the
>arms of the half gates came down. I hate this crossing, if you get
>caught there, you can usually expect a wait of 20 or 30 minutes.
>
>I leaned forward to see if I saw the train, but there was nothing in
>either direction. Grumbling and growling, I sat back to wait. About
>then a monarch butterfly flittered by, following along the tracks. As
>soon as it had passed, the flashing lights and clanging stopped, and
>the arms of the half gates opened.

I saw Monarchs in the back yard the other day and thought of him.

Plague Boy

Apr 17, 2015, 9:39:32 PM4/17/15
On 10/16/07 10:49 AM, Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

> I was on my way back from motor pool yesterday; and as I approached
> the train crossing, with much clanging and flashing of lights, the
> arms of the half gates came down. I hate this crossing, if you get
> caught there, you can usually expect a wait of 20 or 30 minutes.
>
> I leaned forward to see if I saw the train, but there was nothing in
> either direction. Grumbling and growling, I sat back to wait. About
> then a monarch butterfly flittered by, following along the tracks. As
> soon as it had passed, the flashing lights and clanging stopped, and
> the arms of the half gates opened.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/us/article/2-men-indicted-for-causing-train-wreck-in-6203390.php

If stupidity was a crime, this would merit capital punishment.

--
PB
February 13, 2008:

songbird

Apr 18, 2015, 11:42:54 AM4/18/15
Plague Boy wrote:
> http://www.timesunion.com/news/us/article/2-men-indicted-for-causing-train-wreck-in-6203390.php
>
> If stupidity was a crime, this would merit capital punishment.

premeditated attempted murder IMO.

songbird