[ADMIN] Group closing down zzz

Pablo

Dec 10, 2012, 2:58:02 PM12/10/12

All,

I've just told our 'bot host to cancel the hosting account. The group
will stop working very shortly.

I'm still discussing the possibility of having someone take over, but
that's not been resolved yet.

Pab.

Y Lee Coyote

Dec 10, 2012, 7:26:59 PM12/10/12

I've set up a Google group --
http://groups.google.com/group/sexualityspanking
as a temporary expedient until things are resolved. If a new home is
found, then I will delete this group, meanwhile it will provide a clean
method of communication.

Using the old ass Usenet group has a signifcant spam problem. Using flag
such as ZZZ which is non-standard or {ASS} which is standard only works for
people with real news agents and a news server.

Management is not difficult and several others have volunteered to help
moderate the group. This should be easy once the initial opening rush of
member is dealt with.

I see two possible routes to handle the group web site. I have already
suggested getting an account on ASSTR. Another possibility is using the
file structure in the new group. Until we learn of the result of Pablo
efforts for someone to take over the existing setup, this should be
deferred.

And thanks to Pablo and many others for their hard work and contributions.

Y.

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Y Lee Coyote

Dec 10, 2012, 8:07:51 PM12/10/12
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:26:59 -0500, Y Lee Coyote
<See.signa...@mail.com> wrote in
<lbvcc89svdpflrn2i...@4ax.com>:

>I see two possible routes to handle the group web site. I have already
>suggested getting an account on ASSTR. Another possibility is using the
>file structure in the new group.

Sorry there is no file structure in the new group -- so please strike that
line. (I was confussing it with Yahoo.)

Brian G

Dec 11, 2012, 3:01:51 AM12/11/12
The zzz is pretty easy to impliment locally for even outlook express users.
However the spam is not going to be that huge from what I see from Eternal
September s it filters out most of it except the idiotc one liners type. and
in any case there is no dictate that says you need to read all the
messages. I suppose I could easily put zzz as a sub line filter quite
easily.
Brian

--
From the desk of Mildew Spores
mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
"Y Lee Coyote" <See.signa...@mail.com> wrote in message

Brian G

Dec 11, 2012, 3:03:28 AM12/11/12
Yahoo and Google do have strange issues at times with posts not going to or
coming from via email I've found, probably due to blacklisting.
So what is the email sub address?

Brian

--
From the desk of Mildew Spores