ZZZ: Hey, Barrister

pos...@giganews.com

Sep 12, 2012, 10:19:30 AM9/12/12
I've been hoping I'd run into you, because I have a question. Is the
art of Lee Warren child pornography, and if not, why not?

Jess
Message has been deleted

pos...@giganews.com

Sep 16, 2012, 9:56:42 AM9/16/12
On 2012-09-16 01:17:43 +0000, Barrister <Barr...@Assville.com> said:
> Can you give me a link to some of his work and I'll see if I can find
> an answer for you.
>

> Barrister - Spankings, given or received - your choice!
>
> "Everything I need to know in life I learned on USENET." Buddha

I'm sorry. It would be nice if I got the name right. It's Lee Warner I
was asking about. Here's some links:

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings95.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings104.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings105.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings111.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings112.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings124.html

http://thehandprints.com/hpDrawings138.html

Thanks for your time.

Jess

Tony Elka

Sep 16, 2012, 11:39:43 AM9/16/12
In article <sssbot-20120916135649$24...@panix6.panix.com>,
I find this "illustration" particularly interesting:

http://thehandprints.com/lwclr013.jpg

The "artist" has used a photograph that I took of my friend Keith Jones
and my wife Eve Howard, and made it into an image of an adult spanking a
child.

Is this an example of illegal child pornography? I have no idea, I'm
not an attorney, but it sure is creepy in my humble opinion.

Tony

pos...@giganews.com

Sep 17, 2012, 10:32:19 AM9/17/12
Most of his pictures are reworkings of pictures that will be familiar
to experienced spankophiles, with the adult spankee morphed into a
child.

Jess

Tony Elka

Sep 17, 2012, 10:35:25 AM9/17/12
In article <sssbot-20120917143234$7c...@panix6.panix.com>,
pos...@giganews.com wrote:

> Most of his pictures are reworkings of pictures that will be familiar
> to experienced spankophiles, with the adult spankee morphed into a
> child.
>
> Jess

Yes. And what's your take on that, Jess?

Tony

ritchfl...@yahoo.com

Sep 17, 2012, 5:57:47 PM9/17/12
Tony,

These are the same photos I went off on over on FetLife a few months back. Just for a frame of reference.

pos...@giganews.com

Sep 19, 2012, 4:28:47 AM9/19/12
In the good old days of the Usenet, when ABPES was active, Syrano
mounted his spavined steed wearing his rusty armor, and lead the charge
against anyone posting depictions of children. When I became 18, and
felt brave enough to post, I helped pile on the scorn.

Most of Warner's drawings just seem bizarre to me. I look at what I
instantly recognize as a well-known picture of some model like Eve, and
see a child in her place. WTF?

But I want to be honest here. Like many spankophiles, I seem to have
been born with the kink. My first memory of a strange excitement I had
no words for related to spanking dates to 2nd grade, when I was 7 years
old. A couple of his drawings are very close to spankings of my friends
that I witnessed. When I look at them, my prurient interests kick into
gear. I would rather it were not that way, but we don't consciously
choose these aspects of our sexuality. We discover them.

While, strictly speaking, Warner's work doesn't depict children
involved in sexual activity, it certainly has the capability to
stimulate sexual excitement in those with the kink, thus my question
for Barrister. Perhaps I should have included the many stories about
the spanking of chldren that have been posted to SSS in my question to
Barrister

Have I disgusted you, Tony? Am I banned from Shadowlane forever?

Jess

Tony Elka

Sep 19, 2012, 10:58:39 AM9/19/12
In article <sssbot-20120919082852$4d...@panix6.panix.com>,
I asked what your take was on all this because you brought it up.

You answered and that's fine.

Tony

Y Lee Coyote

Sep 19, 2012, 5:14:35 PM9/19/12
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 08:39:43 -0700, Tony Elka <shado...@shadowlane.com>
wrote in
<shadowlane-A38C7...@c-131-121-196-216.gonavy.usna.edu>:

>I find this "illustration" particularly interesting:
>
>http://thehandprints.com/lwclr013.jpg
>
>The "artist" has used a photograph that I took of my friend Keith Jones
>and my wife Eve Howard, and made it into an image of an adult spanking a
>child.

I can not and will not address the child porn issue as it is far beyond me.

However, if what Tony describes was done surely makes it a derivative work
and thus would be a copyright infringement issue. Just recently there was
a case that made the news because of an artist using even less of a photo
image and lossing the case. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_%22Hope%22_poster

JMHO

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Brian G

Sep 20, 2012, 3:08:57 AM9/20/12
Even way back in the 70s the cover of a Ringo album used a very famous
picture from a sci fi movie, with Ringos head pasted onto the main
character, and they threatened all sorts of things over it, but I believe
money soothed the injured parties no end....

Brian

--
From the desk of Mildew Spores
mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
"Y Lee Coyote" <See.signa...@mail.com> wrote in message

Tony Elka

Sep 20, 2012, 11:17:18 AM9/20/12
In article <k3efe5$2to$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Brian G" <mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Even way back in the 70s the cover of a Ringo album used a very famous
> picture from a sci fi movie, with Ringos head pasted onto the main
> character, and they threatened all sorts of things over it, but I believe
> money soothed the injured parties no end....

The title of that Ringo Starr solo album is "Goodnight Vienna", the
cover makes use of a photo from the science fiction film "The Day the
Earth Stood Still" with Ringo's head pasted over that of actor Michael
Rennie.

I'm not finding any search results regarding the album cover that
mention a lawsuit, dispute or financial settlement.

Ringo's record label was Apple/EMI, and in my opinion, it's highly
unlikely that their art department and in-house legal staff would have
made use of a copyrighted image without permission and compensation
ahead of time before moving forward and printing hundreds of thousands
of album covers and shipping them to retail outlets all over the world.
A recall on that scale would be very expensive.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

Tony

Brian G

Sep 20, 2012, 12:42:20 PM9/20/12
No it was beforehand when the news came out, I remember the interview on the
radio, but it was a long time ago now. I'm surprised a recording is not out
there though, but maybe its just one of those bits of trivia one remembers
but nobody else bothered to note.

Incidentally, I also recall a Maria Muldaur album with, shall we say a
wardrobe malfunction on the inside gatefold picture that was changed at the
last minute to something less, shocking, tity, I mean pity really.

Brian

--
From the desk of Mildew Spores
mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk