ZZZ (just in case) : Innocentata Medicalos: Who Killed Martha Part 3 (M/f con)

nadia salem

Jun 23, 2012, 1:03:32 AM6/23/12
Innocentata Medicalos: who Killed Martha part 3

The hearing was scheduled for later that day. Emily couldn't testify after all because she was still on duty, so Jenny has to be the medical expert on the scanned results.

Dr. Martinez walked to Jenny who was checking a chart out in the nursing station. "I tried to put you on my rounds today, but it was blocked."

"I asked for doctor Lament's rounds," Jenny answered without eye contact.

"Ok," he said a little surprised.

Jenny went off to the other interns with Lament in charge.

That afternoon, Jenny took a deep breath as she walked into the courtroom and sat down on the defense side. Even though she’d have to explain the no spank order, Jenny wanted to be wrong.

"Court Case number 2000122 judge Alpine presiding, all rise," the bailiff said.

Everyone stood up as the judge walked in as a hologram. "This better not be about reducing Pam's sentence because of Munchausen's syndrome by proxy, unless she confessed," he started while taking the seat even before the bailiff gave him the file.

Jenny looked shocked.

"Your honor," the DA said. "This case is about a no spank order that Jenny put during her internship. Jenny refuses to pull it; therefore, we need you to order it to be pulled."

"Well I need to know why Jenny put it in the first place," The judge answered.

"I call Jenny Williams to the stand," the DA said.

Jenny worriedly walked to the stand and got sworn in.

"Why did you put the no spank order on Pam?" He bluntly asked.

"I'd like to put into evidence a scan of Martha," Katherine interrupted.

"I object. Martha's medical report has nothing to do with the no spank order," The DA said.

"It might have everything to do with it. This scan was done by another intern, and Jenny needs to see the scan to answer your question," Katherine said.

"How do we know she didn't tamper with it?" The DA asked.

On cue, a Rigillian's holoprojection showed up. "Jenny has not done anything to the report. As a matter of fact she hopes that the report proves she's wrong because..." He started and Jenny gave him a look. "She doesn't want me to say, but it will not affect the hearing."

"Thank you," The judge said to the Regillian. "Ok the evidence can be put into place as defense A. Jenny can have it to answer the question," The judge ended the objection.

Jenny was so anxious to read the report she actually dropped it when it was handed to her. After picking it up, Jenny looked at it, and she said with a bit of disappointment: "Pam did not kill Martha."

"How the heck did you come to that conclusion?" The DA asked.

"Well, one there was no anti-freeze in any of Martha's blood according to this scan," Jenny answered.

"That just means it left the system post mortem," The DA answered. "The blood reports prove she did have Ethylene Glycol which is the main ingredient in anti-freeze."

"If it disappears post mortem, than so would Ethanol, which is in huge doses by this scan," Jenny answered.

"That just means Pam poisoned her with lots of alcohol," He said a little thrown.

"There was no reason for Pam to give her Ethanol, but there WAS a reason for the nurses to give Martha Ethanol, and that was to treat the Ethylene Glycol," Jenny ended.

"How did this happen?" The judge asked instead.

"Martha had Methylmalonic Acidemia aka MMA. MMA causes an enzyme that in an old fashioned blood test can be confused for Ethylene Glycol the main ingredient in Anti-freeze poisoning," Jenny explained.

"Are you saying Martha died of MMA?" The DA asked a little bewildered by it.

Jenny picked up the autopsy report and found what she knew she was going to find. "No. If Martha died of MMA there wouldn't be crystals on the lining of her brain at autopsy. Since there was never antifreeze poisoning in her, it had to be one thing that killed her Ethanol. The treatment for her illness was the thing that killed her."

"Why did all the doctors miss it?" The judge asked.

"They weren’t looking for it because Martha was allergic to Scanners. If she had been scanned once, she would still be alive today. If her blood was scanned once while she was alive, she'd still be alive today. If her body was scanned once, Pam wouldn't be a Black filled Penny. If corrections relooked into the case when Pam's son was diagnosed with MMA, she would have already been an Innocentata till she turned 21."

"How do you know about her son?" The DA asked.

"It doesn't take Chandlerian physics to figure out her son was rejuved to get rid of MMA when he was young," Jenny said. "I knew what happened the day I met him. I was just hoping I was wrong."

"It was 1 in 4 chances that Martha had it too, and all the scientists told the courts that MMA wouldn't kill the baby but anti-freeze would," The DA said.

"Actually it was 1 in chance Mark had it too. Obviously the scientists assumed the blood tests were correct. If they knew the truth, Pam wouldn't be a penny," Jenny finished.

"Ok. I guess you want me to change her to an Innocentata," The judge said getting ready for that ruling.

"Actually no, an innocentata isn't good enough for what you guys put her through," Jenny said.

"I don't know what you’re talking about," The judge said. "I didn't do anything but my job."

"Court reporter, please play back the first thing the judge said as he sat on the bench," Jenny answered.

"This better not be about reducing Pam's sentence because of Munchausen's syndrome by proxy, unless she confessed," the reporter that was also a holoprojected person answered.

"I'd say you were doing more than your job. Pam was just treated like a normal everyday penny. She was treated as if she committed the worst crime anyone could commit in our society. She was treated like she killed a kidern. And if that wasn't bad enough she not only was convicted of a crime she never committed, but she was convicted of a crime no one committed," Jenny explained.

"What are you suggesting?" The DA asked.

"A black I," Jenny answered (authors note: I couldn't resist the irony).

"Are you suggesting one less rank than yours?" The judge asked.

"Actually, I think at a minimum it should be equal to my rank. Like an admiral in Starfleet is just as high ranking as a general on the ground forces," Jenny answered. "I'll leave if she outranks me up to you. I don't really care."

"Ok. Well it won't be that bad till she's 21," The judge said shocked by Jenny's answer.

"No your honor, you didn't punish her for 16 years lightly; you brutalized her for 24 years and deserves a lot more than high respect for 16 years. I suggest for the next 8 rejuves which is how many cycles she went through her rank remain the same. Those rejuve will only count as an adult not as a rejuve in a rejuve because she's going to need to rejuve to get rid of the gene that caused all this in the first place."

"Why do we have to, as you put it, agree to all this?" The DA said.

"I suggest you do before Ms. Katherine takes this to civil court and wins the lawsuit. The verdict will be high weather you do this or not, but it might not be that high, if the jury finds out what you have done to make up for the biggest mistake made," Jenny answered.

The judge sighed and made the ruling. The decision for whether or not Pam outranks Jenny was put off till a full panel can make that call. (Authors note: I'm putting it off till the next writer of any type of black I story. It can be Pam but doesn't have to be).

Jenny and Ms. Katherine left the courtroom soon afterwards.

"I need a favor," Jenny said to Ms. Katherine.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Pam's son cannot take in Pam for 3 days because of his age," Jenny explained.

"I am not taking her in. Don't you even think about asking that? I have too much to do on her case as it is," She said.

"I meant can you go to the bridge and ask Donny if we can take her in. Even an IM can't go up there without invite," Jenny said.

"Ok. Here's the court order," Ms. Katherine handed Jenny the paperwork it would take to change the status.

Jenny surprisingly found Pam sitting in the corner while the parents were watching her with the door completely open. Penny floors are able to do that without risk of kidern showing up.

"What is Pam doing in the corner?" Jenny asked.

"Waiting for the 'no spank order' to be lifted," the mom said.

"'No spank orders' when written by doctors mean bed rest, not alternative punishments," Jenny lectured handing the court order to the dad and then getting Pam out of the corner. "Sorry Pam. If I knew you were going to be punished more while waiting I would have run here," Jenny said just noticing the level 2 pain-tees that Pam is wearing. Quickly Jenny pulled it down while covering her up with Jenny's jacket. Thank goodness it was cold that week. "Where are her nice clothes?"

"She doesn't have any," Her mom said shameful after seeing the report. "We just got her."

"Did you have a basic outfit that is not punishment?" Jenny asked as the mom went and got a basic outfit.

Jenny helped change Pam quickly. Then Jenny took her out the door and went to corrections to change the wrists. Pam looked scared when she asked: "What's going on?"

Jenny stopped walking. "I'm sorry. I don't have time to explain. I have to get this done and get you a nice outfit. Do you trust me?" Jenny asked. Pam nodded.

Corrections had been told ahead of time about the change and barely was ready for Pam when she came in, no one ever was declared a black I before, mostly because those who were convicted of such serious crimes were absolutely made sure of that it was them. If anti-freeze did kill Martha, Pam would have been the only one who was capable of doing it, and Jenny knew it. Pam put her hands in the machine with a little encouraging smile from Jenny and when she took them out she was shocked, but Jenny still had no time to explain anything, so they left corrections faster than they came in.

Jenny speedily got Pam to the clothes store and showed both her and Pam's wrists to the saleswoman who showed her the 5 year old section. "Normally, I'd let you pick out the outfit, but I'm in a hurry. We just need one outfit right now. What's your favorite color?"

"Purple," Pam said still confused by the whole thing.

Jenny got Pam dressed in one and made sure it fit and didn't switch the outfit. "Don't worry, I'm not stealing it," Jenny convinced Pam as they walked to the sales counter. "Put the dress on Pam's tab subtracting the cost of her old dress to be sure," Jenny handed the yucky dress over.

As Jenny walked to the Mess hall she got a text message from Donny giving the go ahead. "Has Mark Anthony come yet?" Jenny asked a little exhaustedly to the workers, and they shook their heads no.

Jenny and Pam sat on the nice chairs just as Mark showed up. "Hi Jenny, hi mom," He said as he sat down. "I was worried you were going to take longer than myself."

"I almost did. Those lousy parents that took over didn't take the 'no spank order' seriously. I think they were expecting someone to come and bring the court order when I showed up."

"Now can you explain to us what's going on?" Mark asked. Pam was too used to being a penny to ask such a question.

"Well, it's kind of hard to explain. You did have MMA as a kid right?" Jenny asked Mark.

"Yes. I was rejuved at 6 years old to fix it. My parents wanted to wait till I was 9 to let me choose when I get rejuved like many of my siblings, but the doctors were having trouble keeping MMA in check, so it was decided to rejuve me at 6. Are you telling me my biological sister died of MMA?" He finally asked.

"No. When they suspected that she had anti-freeze in her blood, they gave her the treatment, which is the right thing to do for anti-freeze poisoning, but the worse thing to do for MMA. The real problem was that the only reason you lived was because you weren't allergic to scanners. Martha was," Jenny explained.

"How did you know to look?" Mark asked.

"Last year, while I was still in school, I took the history of Medicine as one of my electives. The Patricia Stallings story was the most interesting true story I came across. In the twentieth century, Patricia Stallings had a baby named Ryan who died exactly the same way Martha did. When she was in jail, she found out she was pregnant again. Even though they found out her second kid had MMA they were convinced that the first baby died of anti-freeze poisoning, so they convicted her. Eventually a scientist figured it all out and proved it. That's how I knew it was possible. I would not have given it a second thought, if you didn't tell me Martha was allergic to scanners. Scanners would have picked up on the MMA no matter what the blood test showed. Unfortunately she would be alive today, if the doctor had the ability to scan her."

Pam started crying for the first time since Jenny met her. Maybe the first real cry since Martha died. Jenny and Mark knew she needed to, so they stopped talking, and Mark held her till she had cried it all out.

When Pam had finally calmed down, she asked: "What's with the black I? I know of innocentata's but never heard of a black I," She said.

"It never existed before," Jenny started explaining. "To become a blackened filled P, it takes a lot of proof and a lot of work on the DA's and the courts part. What I still don't understand is how a Rigillian didn't know something was wrong when he checked for guilt."

"The Rigillian thought I forgot all about the poisoning. He assumed I had Munchausen’s and most Munchausen’s cases don't remember doing anything wrong," Pam explained.

"Well that explains it. Rigillians are about 10 percent can't get at the memory a person has. Well thanks to all this you will be treated at least equally to how well I get treated. The biggest difference is when you turn 21 and above and need or want a rejuve for any reason you will be a black I all over again, for the next 8 adult rejuves. I recommend your first rejuve the day before your 21st birthday though," Jenny started explaining the rank.

"Why should I rejuve at all?" Pam asked.

"If you ever want to have more kids, you'll need to get rid of the gene that caused all of this," Jenny explained, "but it's up to you when you rejuve for it. If you rejuve before your 21st birthday, it won't count as one of the 8 though."

"Oh. Meanwhile where do I stay?" Pam asked, "With Mark?"

"Not for 3 days," Mark answered.

"Donny and I are going to take you in, but don't worry we don't object to Mark babysitting," Jenny said with a giggle.

"That will be a problem on my part. I am finishing with Starfleet academy. I need the time to study, but I'll be able to pick you up in three days. It's up to you though," Mark said.

"Ok. I'll stay with Jenny till Mark's old enough," Pam said.

"Good," Jenny said happier about it for reasons she didn't tell anyone.

That evening, Jenny and Pam had enjoyed playing games and watching holovions, when Donny came home. Based on Donny's facial expression Jenny knew he made his decision. Jenny excused herself and went off to her room.

"Hi," Donny said nicely to Pam. "You must be Pam. I hope you like it here," he kept talking giving Jenny some time to think about what she did.

"Yes. It's the best place I've ever been too," Pam said. "I didn't have any nice places in my last 24 years to stay."

"I know. I'm glad Jenny fixed everything for you," Donny said. "I want you to stay here and play for awhile. You can watch holovision too if you want, but I have something to do with Jenny, and I'll be a little busy. Is it ok?"

"Ok," Pam said taking out other toys she and Jenny got when they went shopping earlier.

Donny walked into Jenny’s room and closed the door (IM's get some privacy). He found Jenny standing in the corner. "Jenny come here," Donny ordered.

Jenny walked over. "I'm sorry I didn't get permission."

"I've decided that you are to pick one of two punishments," He started. "You're choices are, one stop being an intern till your nine and only nine and older will be when you intern or be a resident."

Jenny really didn't like that option. It meant waiting another close to 4 years to just have 3 months more internship and then another 2 years 6 months to have six months to be an intern and so forth. At least at 8 she would have a full year of internship.

"Or agree to a spanking and anything else that comes with it right now."

Jenny didn't like that option either because Donny spanks like an adult who was a penny though he never was. He was taught by one. Jenny took 5 long minutes before deciding. "The spanking," Jenny finally agreed to.

"Over my lap," Donny said.

"Do we have to do it now?" Jenny asked a little nervously.

"Yes right now," Donny said sternly.

"Yes sir," Jenny said as she lay over Donny's lap.

Donny started pulling down Jenny's bottom pajamas which she hadn't had a straight spanking like that since she was a penny. Than to Jenny's surprise Donny pulled down her panties. In all her other punishments that had a spanking, Donny just spanked on her panties. "I'm so disappointed in you," Donny started lecturing but hadn't started spanking yet. "If it was important, you knew I would let you go. Now, instead you're over my knee for an old fashioned spanking." He knew the spanking wouldn't work with Jenny unless she knew that she deserved the spanking.

Donny picked up the wooden spoon that was behind him that Jenny didn't see and started spanking. Jenny already started ouching because it was on her non spanked bottom. Without warm up, Jenny had no time to get used to the spanking before the spoon.

Donny took five minutes before moving to Jenny's sit spot and then finally put the spoon down and started hand spanking Jenny for a couple of minutes by which time Jenny was crying freely. Jenny wasn't an experienced penny who got used to spankings. She wasn't used to it, but the pain she did get used to because of the Volktorn. It was the fact that she did something wrong and got Sir disappointed that made it painful.

Donny picked up Jenny and walked over to a CornerStool. Jenny didn't even realize he had brought a real CornerStool into her room. Jenny knew enough about the CornerStool system to recognize a kidern rated one, which could only mean one thing; Donny got the CornerStool for the Juvenile Penny down the hall. Jenny hadn't been on a CornerStool since she was a penny, so this was a surprise. Donny planted Jenny on the CornerStool and Jenny started getting up right away to her surprise he didn't stop her. "Please Donny no stool time."

"You can always give up your internship till your nine," Donny explained. Jenny sat her bottom down on the CornerStool and let Donny fasten her feet so that she can cry out her pain.

10 minutes later, Donny let Jenny off finally. "You’re all forgiven," Donny said as Jenny embraced him into a hug. "Now, I want to know why you were up so late since my night shift started." (Authors note: I thought this one was obvious when she had the holovision on.)

Jenny was hoping he didn't know about that. "Ah. I don't know," Jenny tried to wiggle out of it.

"Don't give me that. If I have to spank it out of you, I will."

Jenny didn't want another dose of his hand let alone the hairbrush. "Ah, well, I couldn't sleep," Jenny answered. "I just was worried that you would die on duty. It's easier when you were on day shifts only. I didn't have time to worry about you, but I kept having nightmares," Jenny answered crying into his chest.

Donny sighed. "I can't stop working the night shift. I also can't just start getting you a babysitter just to make sure you sleep," Donny said. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Well, you could call right before bedtime to remind me your ok," Jenny suggested. It seems she had some ideas before Donny even mentioned it. "It also wouldn't hurt, if you left me something of yours for me to hold onto while I'm sleeping." Donny started noticing the picture Jenny was painting. "And we could have cuddle time before you leave."

"Jenny, did you do this on purpose?" Donny asked.

"Well," Jenny answered.

Donny slapped Jenny's already sore behind. "Well what?"

"I didn't do this on purpose, but while I was going through it, I was wondering what solutions could happen if we had a kid," Jenny finished up.

"You mean when you and I are physically 21 or older, right?" Donny asked but had the feeling she wasn't suggesting that.

"Well," Jenny said but protected her bottom just in case. "I was thinking working on getting our special needs parenting license right now."

"I don't know," Donny said. "That takes a lot of work. We're both busy and special needs kids are the hardest to take care."

"You take care of me," Jenny reminded.

"You were an adult once, and I am barely able to handle you," Donny answered.

Jenny blushed remembering how much trouble she can be when she's sick. "I know we can do it," Jenny said. "Besides I might be an adult by the time we get our license."

Donny knew she had a point. The system takes a long time to give special needs license to parents, even longer than adoptive and parenting license combined, but he still wasn't ready for the responsibility. "I'm going to have to think about it. Meanwhile, I want you to go to bed." Jenny tried to object. "No this is the last part of your punishment going to bed without supper."

Donny tucked her in and put on the delta inducer to make sure this time she went to sleep.

Pam was watching a movie on the holovision in the second room when Donny came out. "Are you ready for dinner?"

"Sure. Where's Jenny?" Pam asked.

"She went to bed early," Donny said not mentioning the spanking or the punishment. "What do you like for dinner? I bet you have a lot of favorites."

"Pizza," Pam answered and got to the big kitchen. "I never thought I'd get to choose my dinner for a long time."

"You're going to get to enjoy that more often. What toppings do you want?" Donny asked standing in front of the food processor.

"Pepperoni and olive," She answered.

Donny ordered it for Pam and a different one for himself.

The next day, Jenny went to work with a sore bottom still. Donny didn't let Jenny nano her bottom. He said he might when Jenny came home at 1:10pm exactly, even a second later would get her another spanking and no nano. There will be no trips to the holodeck for Jenny. Jenny didn't like it when Donny was this mad.

Dr. Martinez came to Jenny. "I want to put you on my schedule tomorrow," He said.

"I asked to be on Dr. Higgins rounds," Jenny said about to walk away.

"'Dr. Tell It All'," He said surprised. "Now I know the Pam case was bad, real bad, but there was no way for me to know the blood tests were false. Blood scans didn't exist then," he explained.

"I'm not mad at you for poisoning Martha with Ethanol," Jenny answered.

"Then why are you mad," He asked noticing she didn't say she wasn't mad at him at all.

(Authors note: this actually answers one of the questions ck asked on the original story) "I don't think you get it. There was no reason to test Martha for anti-freeze poisoning, unless you suspecting poisoning from the beginning.”

Dr. Martinez looked down like a penny just caught committing another crime. "What can I do to fix this?" He asked.

"Start by paying the maximum price for malpractice to the family," Jenny started.

"Done," He said without hesitated.

"The rest of the punishment will have to be decided by Pam," Jenny finished even though she knew no matter what he wouldn't be turned into a penny for medical malpractice this severe she thought he deserved a lot worse. "Then maybe we can be good friends again."

An hour before Jenny was to come home from work, Donny decided it was time to call Doctor Marcus for advice, and hopefully for any news about a real cure.

"Sorry Donny, the best in the world still hasn't been able to find a way to cure her completely," The doctor said.

"Ok," Donny said a bit disappointed.

"I wouldn't suggest dismissing her idea though," Dr. Marcus said. "It might sound like it's not worth it now, but it would be completely worth it for Jenny. Remember she was never meant to make it this far let alone have a kid. She was supposed to be the last in her family to die. Now she has a shot at being a mom. Do you really want to take that from her?"

The end

Authors note: I normally would have ended this with Donny's discussion, but because of the surgery I might have, I might not be able to write the miniseries within the series leading to the ending of the series. I'll be in Maryland next week for my doctor’s appointments in the NIH.

Authors note: this story was actually based on a real life mystery. Patricia Stallings is a real life person who was convicted of killing her son when in fact the kid died from his own cure.

Authors note: the original ending was not going to have a name to the killer's face, so I hope you like this ending a lot better.
Author's finale note: The Black I rank is up for grabs including Pam's character but not limited to her. All I plead for is that if you do another character that you don't just say the character is a Black I with no explanation of how and so forth. I want a full story line explanation, please. Pam is obviously the exception, but you can do Pam's story from another point of view as well, so although not needed, it can be done again.

CrimsnKidCK

Dec 5, 2012, 9:55:34 PM12/5/12
Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha.

Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching.

Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed.

I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there?

What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway?

Fewer convoluted medical issues and more bare-bottom blisterings, please--that would be my recommendation...
* *H.I.A.W.B.,
* *--C.K.

nadia salem

Dec 6, 2012, 1:41:51 AM12/6/12
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:55:34 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote:
> Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha.

For the record, the story was based on Patricia Stallings true story, and Patty was in jail for 14 months before a scientist proved the same thing Jenny did. The only way for me to have this story was for Martha to be allergic to scanners because it would have caused Martha to be correctly diagnosed if she wasn't.

> Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching.

Actually it was medical malpratice he was guilty of, but his biggest guilt was jumping to conclusions about Pam instead of Martha's illness.

> Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed.

Before he started getting night shifts on the bridge he was home every night and Jenny was sleeping in the next room. It was just harder for her because he wasn't there.

> I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there?
>

> Why did you think her leaving her quarters without Donny's permission at age eight (reminder) wasn't a deserved spanking.

I think the black I is the perfect change, and Jenny will explain sorta why she was so insistent on the black I and the consequences in the next story, where I resolve everything except whether the Black I rank outranks Jenny or not. Heck I thought out of all people you would be glad I finally have a character that can outrank Jenny, and I'm not writing much more on her. :) By the way it's not black filled just blackened colored I, and if you look at the Dragons only the kidern killers and molesters were made black P's whether filled or open, but the normal Penny's where silver P's

> What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway?

Sorry to say I am guilty of not asking, but for the record, I was thinking he was leading up to it with the black filled in P's. Remember it is an irony the black I because it is pronounced black eye. 0:)

> Fewer convoluted medical issues and more bare-bottom blisterings, please--that would be my recommendation...

Sorry to say the next story will have a medical problem but the rest may or may not you have to take your chances, but there will be spankings. You'll have to wait and see who spanks who for the next chapter.

CrimsnKidCK

Dec 7, 2012, 10:05:59 AM12/7/12
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:41:51 AM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:55:34 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha. > > For the record, the story was based on Patricia Stallings true story, and Patty was in jail for 14 months before a scientist proved the same thing Jenny did. The only way for me to have this story was for Martha to be allergic to scanners because it would have caused Martha to be correctly diagnosed if she wasn't.

Well, that's what I've always claimed about "scanneritis," that it's a rather implausible plot device--usually it allows for the use of a rectal thermometer in the 28th century, in this case it left a critical problem undiagnosed.

> > Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching. > > Actually it was medical malpratice he was guilty of, but his biggest guilt was jumping to conclusions about Pam instead of Martha's illness.

But isn't medical malpractice essentially based on negligence--or possibly incompetence? If an eight-year-old rejuve could figure out why Martha had died, then as a trained, experienced physician, he should've been able to as well.

> > Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed. > > Before he started getting night shifts on the bridge he was home every night and Jenny was sleeping in the next room. It was just harder for her because he wasn't there. > >

Then AFAIC Donny needs to find a babysitter for Jenny, preferably a very strict woman who's not impressed by the "IM" classification and will paddle her buns regularly when the girl starts thinking she's an adult.

I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there? > > > Why did you think her leaving her quarters without Donny's permission at age eight (reminder) wasn't a deserved spanking.

It arguably was, but Jenny's been doing that sort of thing for a long time, meddling in grownup affairs with her smug, know-it-all attitude, without any consequences--it struck me as incogruous that an adult (Donny) suddenly decided that she should be punished for doing whatever she felt like, her "IM" rank be damned.

I think the black I is the perfect change, and Jenny will explain sorta why she was so insistent on the black I and the consequences in the next story, where I resolve everything except whether the Black I rank outranks Jenny or not. Heck I thought out of all people you would be glad I finally have a character that can outrank Jenny, and I'm not writing much more on her. :) By the way it's not black filled just blackened colored I, and if you look at the Dragons only the kidern killers and molesters were made black P's whether filled or open, but the normal Penny's where silver P's > What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway? > Sorry to say I am guilty of not asking, but for the record, I was thinking he was leading up to it with the black filled in P's.

The filled-in-with-black "P" was mentioned in the Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible," and I never received the impression that he was somehow setting up a higher version of an "I" by doing so. Pam was falsely convicted and 'pennified,' that's the basic definition of a standard Innocentatas rejuve ranking.

Remember it is an irony the black I because it is pronounced black eye. 0:)

Yes, I'd already realized that, but black signifies darkness in this sense, doesn't it? A filled-in-with-black Penitatas has committed a 'darker' crime than a non-filled-in penny, correct?

> > > Fewer convoluted medical issues and more bare-bottom blisterings, please--that would be my recommendation... > Sorry to say the next story will have a medical problem but the rest may or may not you have to take your chances, but there will be spankings. You'll have to wait and see who spanks who for the next chapter. >

So who were your favorite "Star Trek" characters anyway? Leonard McCoy, Katherine Pulaski, Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, an extremely lifelike hologram, Flox--those would be my guesses...

nadia salem

Dec 7, 2012, 4:02:48 PM12/7/12
On Friday, December 7, 2012 7:05:59 AM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote:
> On Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:41:51 AM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:55:34 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha. > > For the record, the story was based on Patricia Stallings true story, and Patty was in jail for 14 months before a scientist proved the same thing Jenny did. The only way for me to have this story was for Martha to be allergic to scanners because it would have caused Martha to be correctly diagnosed if she wasn't.
>

> Well, that's what I've always claimed about "scanneritis," that it's a rather implausible plot device--usually it allows for the use of a rectal thermometer in the 28th century, in this case it left a critical problem undiagnosed.

I did say once that it was necessary for the story plot. I also explained it was related to the small dose radiation they have to use to get the scanner to work. It's kind of like a small x-ray with a computer programmer in it.

> > > Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching. > > Actually it was medical malpratice he was guilty of, but his biggest guilt was jumping to conclusions about Pam instead of Martha's illness.
>

> But isn't medical malpractice essentially based on negligence--or possibly incompetence? If an eight-year-old rejuve could figure out why Martha had died, then as a trained, experienced physician, he should've been able to as well.

An eight year old who has all the time in the world vs a very busy doctor no contest. Besides Emily is much older than Jenny and she missed it too. Jenny only suspected anything was wrong because she knew of Patricia Stallings case in a class that doctors don't have to take.

> > > Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed. > > Before he started getting night shifts on the bridge he was home every night and Jenny was sleeping in the next room. It was just harder for her because he wasn't there. > >
>

> Then AFAIC Donny needs to find a babysitter for Jenny, preferably a very strict woman who's not impressed by the "IM" classification and will paddle her buns regularly when the girl starts thinking she's an adult.

Donny doesn't treat her like an adult anymore than he treats her like a kid. He just trusts her. Obviously he knows how to punish her when she breaks that trust. 0:)

> I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there? > > > Why did you think her leaving her quarters without Donny's permission at age eight (reminder) wasn't a deserved spanking.
>

> It arguably was, but Jenny's been doing that sort of thing for a long time, meddling in grownup affairs with her smug, know-it-all attitude, without any consequences--it struck me as incogruous that an adult (Donny) suddenly decided that she should be punished for doing whatever she felt like, her "IM" rank be damned.

It wasn't the meddling that bothered Donny. It was the fact that she left her quarters without permission especially when she's supposed to be in bed.

> I think the black I is the perfect change, and Jenny will explain sorta why she was so insistent on the black I and the consequences in the next story, where I resolve everything except whether the Black I rank outranks Jenny or not. Heck I thought out of all people you would be glad I finally have a character that can outrank Jenny, and I'm not writing much more on her. :) By the way it's not black filled just blackened colored I, and if you look at the Dragons only the kidern killers and molesters were made black P's whether filled or open, but the normal Penny's where silver P's > What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway? > Sorry to say I am guilty of not asking, but for the record, I was thinking he was leading up to it with the black filled in P's.
>

> The filled-in-with-black "P" was mentioned in the Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible," and I never received the impression that he was somehow setting up a higher version of an "I" by doing so. Pam was falsely convicted and 'pennified,' that's the basic definition of a standard Innocentatas rejuve ranking.

Remember the black filled P was the most punished most spanked and hardest spanked rank in the entire system. Jenny's point is still valid. They are treated much worse than the average penny. If they were treated lightly than Jenny would never have even suggested the rank. Although, technically she would not have met Pam either for the same reason. Also, remember the judge didn't reduce the sentence because she refused to confess. Munchausens syndrome by proxy would have given her at least a lighter sentence if it wasn't for the fact that she was innocent.

> Remember it is an irony the black I because it is pronounced black eye. 0:)
>

> Yes, I'd already realized that, but black signifies darkness in this sense, doesn't it? A filled-in-with-black Penitatas has committed a 'darker' crime than a non-filled-in penny, correct?

It is true, but it also is true that the system treated these pennies with darkness and now they have to pay for it.

> So who were your favorite "Star Trek" characters anyway? Leonard McCoy, Katherine Pulaski, Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, an extremely lifelike hologram, Flox--those would be my guesses...

The Doctor is my absolute favorite. I'll tell you this much my favorite characters weren't the medical ones. Odo, The doctor, Spock, Flox, and of course Data. My favorites are the unusual ones not the medical ones. For Spock's generation he was unusual.

CrimsnKidCK

Dec 8, 2012, 11:01:16 PM12/8/12
On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:02:48 PM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote:
> On Friday, December 7, 2012 7:05:59 AM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > On Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:41:51 AM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote: > > > On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:55:34 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha. > > For the record, the story was based on Patricia Stallings true story, and Patty was in jail for 14 months before a scientist proved the same thing Jenny did. The only way for me to have this story was for Martha to be allergic to scanners because it would have caused Martha to be correctly diagnosed if she wasn't. > > > > Well, that's what I've always claimed about "scanneritis," that it's a rather implausible plot device--usually it allows for the use of a rectal thermometer in the 28th century, in this case it left a critical problem undiagnosed. > > I did say once that it was necessary for the story plot. I also explained it was related to the small dose radiation they have to use to get the scanner to work. It's kind of like a small x-ray with a computer programmer in it. > > > > > >

Right, an individual's allergy to being scanned is a convenient plot device--let's leave it at that, hmmmm?

Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching. > > Actually it was medical malpratice he was guilty of, but his biggest guilt was jumping to conclusions about Pam instead of Martha's illness. > > > > But isn't medical malpractice essentially based on negligence--or possibly incompetence? If an eight-year-old rejuve could figure out why Martha had died, then as a trained, experienced physician, he should've been able to as well. > > An eight year old who has all the time in the world vs a very busy doctor no contest. Besides Emily is much older than Jenny and she missed it too. Jenny only suspected anything was wrong because she knew of Patricia Stallings case in a class that doctors don't have to take. > > > >

I don't consider being "very busy" to be a justification for a doctor not doing his job RE a case he'd been assigned to deal with. Emily obviously should have her bare buns blistered as well for missing a key factor, along with whoever's in charge of the medical school cirriculum.

Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed. > > Before he started getting night shifts on the bridge he was home every night and Jenny was sleeping in the next room. It was just harder for her because he wasn't there. > > > > > > Then AFAIC Donny needs to find a babysitter for Jenny, preferably a very strict woman who's not impressed by the "IM" classification and will paddle her buns regularly when the girl starts thinking she's an adult. > > Donny doesn't treat her like an adult anymore than he treats her like a kid. He just trusts her. Obviously he knows how to punish her when she breaks that trust. 0:) > >

Is there some third option available, other than Jenny being treated either like an adult or like a child? The Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible" makes it clear that rejuves are basically to be treated as children, so AFAIC an eight-year-old "IM" shouldn't be expected to put herself to bed at night--Donny's expected to make other arrangements for her supervision when he's not around to handle it himself.

I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there? > > > Why did you think her leaving her quarters without Donny's permission at age eight (reminder) wasn't a deserved spanking. > > > > It arguably was, but Jenny's been doing that sort of thing for a long time, meddling in grownup affairs with her smug, know-it-all attitude, without any consequences--it struck me as incogruous that an adult (Donny) suddenly decided that she should be punished for doing whatever she felt like, her "IM" rank be damned. > > It wasn't the meddling that bothered Donny. It was the fact that she left her quarters without permission especially when she's supposed to be in bed. > >

As I stated, "doing whatever she felt like"--I'm not disagreeing with Jenny being spanked, I just believe that it involved a sudden, unexplained albeit welcome change in her guardian's approach to her high-handed behavior.

I think the black I is the perfect change, and Jenny will explain sorta why she was so insistent on the black I and the consequences in the next story, where I resolve everything except whether the Black I rank outranks Jenny or not. Heck I thought out of all people you would be glad I finally have a character that can outrank Jenny, and I'm not writing much more on her. :) By the way it's not black filled just blackened colored I, and if you look at the Dragons only the kidern killers and molesters were made black P's whether filled or open, but the normal Penny's where silver P's > What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway? > Sorry to say I am guilty of not asking, but for the record, I was thinking he was leading up to it with the black filled in P's. > > > > The filled-in-with-black "P" was mentioned in the Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible," and I never received the impression that he was somehow setting up a higher version of an "I" by doing so. Pam was falsely convicted and 'pennified,' that's the basic definition of a standard Innocentatas rejuve ranking. > > Remember the black filled P was the most punished most spanked and hardest spanked rank in the entire system. Jenny's point is still valid. They are treated much worse than the average penny. If they were treated lightly than Jenny would never have even suggested the rank. Although, technically she would not have met Pam either for the same reason. Also, remember the judge didn't reduce the sentence because she refused to confess. Munchausens syndrome by proxy would have given her at least a lighter sentence if it wasn't for the fact that she was innocent. > >

It looks as though she made a pragmatic mistake in trusting the system or at least in standing her moral ground, didn't she?

Remember it is an irony the black I because it is pronounced black eye. 0:) > > > > Yes, I'd already realized that, but black signifies darkness in this sense, doesn't it? A filled-in-with-black Penitatas has committed a 'darker' crime than a non-filled-in penny, correct? > It is true, but it also is true that the system treated these pennies with darkness and now they have to pay for it. > >

Except that the markings on the back of a rejuve's hands refer to him/her in terms of status, NOT to the way he/she was treated by the criminal justice system--therefore 'extra' innocence would be represented by white coloration, just as severe guilt is represented by black (as in a filled-in-"P"), although I still don't agree with creating another rejuve ranking above Innocentata.

> > > Fewer convoluted medical issues and more bare-bottom blisterings, please--that would be my recommendation... > Sorry to say the next story will have a medical problem but the rest may or may not you have to take your chances, but there will be spankings. You'll have to wait and see who spanks who for the next chapter. > > > > > So who were your favorite "Star Trek" characters anyway? Leonard McCoy, Katherine Pulaski, Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, an extremely lifelike hologram, Flox--those would be my guesses... The Doctor is my absolute favorite. I'll tell you this much my favorite characters weren't the medical ones. Odo, The doctor, Spock, Flox, and of course Data. My favorites are the unusual ones not the medical ones. For Spock's generation he was unusual. > >

Ahhhh, the Doctor ("Voyager") and Flox ("Enterprise") were both medical officers, while Lieutenant Commander Data ("TNG") and Mister Spock (original "Trek") at least were science officers, who would've had a modicum of medical knowledge. Your favorites include only one half-human (Spock), plus two aliens and two inorganic beings...

nadia salem

Dec 10, 2012, 2:01:59 AM12/10/12
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:01:16 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote:
> On Friday, December 7, 2012 3:02:48 PM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote:
>
> > On Friday, December 7, 2012 7:05:59 AM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > On Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:41:51 AM UTC-6, nadia salem wrote: > > > On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:55:34 PM UTC-8, CrimsnKidCK wrote: > Well, I didn't precisely understand all of the complex medical issues involved here (I'm educated as a social scientist), but apparently there was a highly-unlikely combination (of course involving the mysterious 'scanneritis') of circumstances which resulted in Pam being falsely convicted (and 'pennified' as a Kindern murderer) of the killing of Martha. > > For the record, the story was based on Patricia Stallings true story, and Patty was in jail for 14 months before a scientist proved the same thing Jenny did. The only way for me to have this story was for Martha to be allergic to scanners because it would have caused Martha to be correctly diagnosed if she wasn't. > > > > Well, that's what I've always claimed about "scanneritis," that it's a rather implausible plot device--usually it allows for the use of a rectal thermometer in the 28th century, in this case it left a critical problem undiagnosed. > > I did say once that it was necessary for the story plot. I also explained it was related to the small dose radiation they have to use to get the scanner to work. It's kind of like a small x-ray with a computer programmer in it. > > > > > >
>

> Right, an individual's allergy to being scanned is a convenient plot device--let's leave it at that, hmmmm?

Agreed. :) At this point, I don't need the allergy in the stories anymore 0:).

> Somehow Dr, Martinez was guilty of negligence in the situation, so Jenny's currently angry with him and he's going to be punished (but not 'pennified') at Pam's discretion--maybe she'll have Beverly soundly spank him on a regular schedule, with her and Jenny watching. > > Actually it was medical malpratice he was guilty of, but his biggest guilt was jumping to conclusions about Pam instead of Martha's illness. > > > > But isn't medical malpractice essentially based on negligence--or possibly incompetence? If an eight-year-old rejuve could figure out why Martha had died, then as a trained, experienced physician, he should've been able to as well. > > An eight year old who has all the time in the world vs a very busy doctor no contest. Besides Emily is much older than Jenny and she missed it too. Jenny only suspected anything was wrong because she knew of Patricia Stallings case in a class that doctors don't have to take. > > > >
>

> I don't consider being "very busy" to be a justification for a doctor not doing his job RE a case he'd been assigned to deal with. Emily obviously should have her bare buns blistered as well for missing a key factor, along with whoever's in charge of the medical school cirriculum.

Jenny learned this stuff in a history type class not a medical class. The doctor had no way of knowing the tests results were false positives, but Jenny is right that he had no business testing the girl for it in the first place.

> Is the Confederation at war with someone? Otherwise, why would Jenny be so damned concerned about Donny's safety during his nightly tour of duty on the starship's bridge--and wouldn't everyone on the ship also be at risk during a potential enemy attack? Hell, in "Star Trek" the bridge was seemingly the safest place to be, few officers there seemed to be casualties of battle unless the whole ship was destroyed. > > Before he started getting night shifts on the bridge he was home every night and Jenny was sleeping in the next room. It was just harder for her because he wasn't there. > > > > > > Then AFAIC Donny needs to find a babysitter for Jenny, preferably a very strict woman who's not impressed by the "IM" classification and will paddle her buns regularly when the girl starts thinking she's an adult. > > Donny doesn't treat her like an adult anymore than he treats her like a kid. He just trusts her. Obviously he knows how to punish her when she breaks that trust. 0:) > >
>

> Is there some third option available, other than Jenny being treated either like an adult or like a child? The Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible" makes it clear that rejuves are basically to be treated as children, so AFAIC an eight-year-old "IM" shouldn't be expected to put herself to bed at night--Donny's expected to make other arrangements for her supervision when he's not around to handle it himself.

Donny did consider it, as you can tell by what he said right before she started telling how to fix her problems going to bed. 0:). I also think 8 year olds are old enough to go to bed on their own even in real life. Donny has the computer checking on Jenny on a regular basis for everything else. Maybe I should have put that in the story. OOPS.

> I'm gratified that Jenny finally got her bare buns paddled, even if the rationale for it was questionable (IMHO), but now there's ANOTHER higher-than-Innocentata rejuve rank? Come on, is that really necessary? Pam was falsely convicted and punished as a Penitatas, AFAIC that should make her an "I." Anyway, the exact opposite of a black-filled "P" should be a white-filled "I," except of course that there's nothing to fill in on a capital "I," is there? > > > Why did you think her leaving her quarters without Donny's permission at age eight (reminder) wasn't a deserved spanking. > > > > It arguably was, but Jenny's been doing that sort of thing for a long time, meddling in grownup affairs with her smug, know-it-all attitude, without any consequences--it struck me as incogruous that an adult (Donny) suddenly decided that she should be punished for doing whatever she felt like, her "IM" rank be damned. > > It wasn't the meddling that bothered Donny. It was the fact that she left her quarters without permission especially when she's supposed to be in bed. > >
>

> As I stated, "doing whatever she felt like"--I'm not disagreeing with Jenny being spanked, I just believe that it involved a sudden, unexplained albeit welcome change in her guardian's approach to her high-handed behavior.

I was debating the person getting spanked from the beginning. As you should recall, Donny knew about her leaving the room with permission in the original Who Killed Martha part 1, I had planned a few different scenes including the dad who beat up Pam getting the spanking or they watching the Thanksgiving version with him in it and a few other ideas. I liked this one when I finally settled on it.

> I think the black I is the perfect change, and Jenny will explain sorta why she was so insistent on the black I and the consequences in the next story, where I resolve everything except whether the Black I rank outranks Jenny or not. Heck I thought out of all people you would be glad I finally have a character that can outrank Jenny, and I'm not writing much more on her. :) By the way it's not black filled just blackened colored I, and if you look at the Dragons only the kidern killers and molesters were made black P's whether filled or open, but the normal Penny's where silver P's > What does the Dragon think of this 'black I' business anyway? > Sorry to say I am guilty of not asking, but for the record, I was thinking he was leading up to it with the black filled in P's. > > > > The filled-in-with-black "P" was mentioned in the Dragon's "Rejuve Writer's Bible," and I never received the impression that he was somehow setting up a higher version of an "I" by doing so. Pam was falsely convicted and 'pennified,' that's the basic definition of a standard Innocentatas rejuve ranking. > > Remember the black filled P was the most punished most spanked and hardest spanked rank in the entire system. Jenny's point is still valid. They are treated much worse than the average penny. If they were treated lightly than Jenny would never have even suggested the rank. Although, technically she would not have met Pam either for the same reason. Also, remember the judge didn't reduce the sentence because she refused to confess. Munchausens syndrome by proxy would have given her at least a lighter sentence if it wasn't for the fact that she was innocent. > >
>

> It looks as though she made a pragmatic mistake in trusting the system or at least in standing her moral ground, didn't she?

Yeah, but she kept claiming her innocence long after she was sentenced. The judge was looking for some guilt from her and he wasn't going to find it.

> Remember it is an irony the black I because it is pronounced black eye. 0:) > > > > Yes, I'd already realized that, but black signifies darkness in this sense, doesn't it? A filled-in-with-black Penitatas has committed a 'darker' crime than a non-filled-in penny, correct? > It is true, but it also is true that the system treated these pennies with darkness and now they have to pay for it. > >
>

> Except that the markings on the back of a rejuve's hands refer to him/her in terms of status, NOT to the way he/she was treated by the criminal justice system--therefore 'extra' innocence would be represented by white coloration, just as severe guilt is represented by black (as in a filled-in-"P"), although I still don't agree with creating another rejuve ranking above Innocentata.

You really don't want someone to outrank Jenny. I really don't care if she does or doesn't.

> Ahhhh, the Doctor ("Voyager") and Flox ("Enterprise") were both medical officers, while Lieutenant Commander Data ("TNG") and Mister Spock (original "Trek") at least were science officers, who would've had a modicum of medical knowledge. Your favorites include only one half-human (Spock), plus two aliens and two inorganic beings...

Odo was a shapeshifter, Data was an Android, the doctor was a hologram, and the other two were different races. None of this was medicine. Data's my favorite more because of something Tasha said about him being just like a child.