Possible solution to the problems zzz

Steve Caner

Nov 25, 2012, 8:39:11 AM11/25/12

Hi

I belong to an "email" group that is very similar to alt.sexuality.spanking and it is
hosted by "PEACHEASE..LSOFT.COM"

I don't pay and neither by all acounts does any other member.

The group is open to new members but one has to make application (I want to join) and
posts are moderated and restricted by length and no binariy files either. This, I think is
by choice and not by Peachease..LSOFT.com.

Might be worth a look..............

BTW the group that I use/member of is a discussion group about "windows" the operating
system not glass ones.

Have a look

WIN-HOME Archives: http://PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM/archives/WIN-HOME.html
Official Win-Home List Members Profiles Page
http://www.besteffort.com/winhome/Profiles.html

Steve

Steve Caner

--
Cane them hard and make them yell - it's the best way to punish your woman.

DeMenace

Nov 25, 2012, 9:18:51 AM11/25/12
I'm a member of several non-sexual mail list and find them very
convenient to use. I'll definite give this one a try. Thanks

Denny

Brian G

Nov 26, 2012, 9:35:26 AM11/26/12
One of the issues of this of course is that once again it is centrally
hosted, so if they deem that any content is not allowed it can be just
pulled, just like on forums. the main thing about Usenet is that its
distributed around many servers and is thus far harder to shut down, though
the powers that be are doing their damndest to starve it of publicity etc in
my view as being not under much control its seen as a bit of a loose
cannon.
Brian

--
From the desk of Mildew Spores
mildew...@blueyonder.co.uk
"DeMenace" <Denny...@gmail.com> wrote in message

DeMenace

Nov 26, 2012, 12:09:21 PM11/26/12
I understand your concern Brian but in all the years I've lurked on this
group, there have only been a handful of posts that any spanking
accepting person would censor. And those were part of fights that may
have been better censored!

The power of usenet has always been it's uncensored and basically
uncensorable configuration. However, this group is censored by the
moderators and I don't believe you've found it to be a problem.

Denny

Tony Elka

Nov 26, 2012, 12:21:58 PM11/26/12
In article <MmNss.17700$DG7....@fe46.iad>,
DeMenace <Denny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand your concern Brian but in all the years I've lurked on this
> group, there have only been a handful of posts that any spanking
> accepting person would censor. And those were part of fights that may
> have been better censored!
>
> The power of usenet has always been it's uncensored and basically
> uncensorable configuration. However, this group is censored by the
> moderators and I don't believe you've found it to be a problem.
>
> Denny

ThTheat uncensored option I mentioned still remains.

alt.sex.spanking is still running, unmoderated, and with very little
traffic. If we were to post there, and continue using zzz in the
subject lines, it would be an overnight solution that wouldn't cost
anyone a penny.

I just checked, it had approximately 5 postings within the last 24
hours, all from one person.

Tony

Y Lee Coyote

Nov 26, 2012, 4:37:53 PM11/26/12
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:21:58 -0800, Tony Elka <shado...@shadowlane.com>
wrote in
<shadowlane-0B190...@c-131-121-196-216.gonavy.usna.edu>:

>alt.sex.spanking is still running, unmoderated, and with very little
>traffic. If we were to post there, and continue using zzz in the
>subject lines, it would be an overnight solution that wouldn't cost
>anyone a penny.
>
>I just checked, it had approximately 5 postings within the last 24
>hours, all from one person.
I find an entirely different story with alt.sex.spanking newsgroup. Looking
on Google, it shows that there were some 1022 post this month. Looking at
the last 500, they are all spam or personals. To be fair they list only
114 message last month.

I do monitor the group with Agent using Easynews. I haven't seen a real
messages in ages.

The group <<alt.alt.sex.spanking>> is similarly infested but with a much
lower volume.

Perhaps you are referring to another group or your newserver filters.

Y.

Valid return address is <YLeeCoyote (at) juno.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)

See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

P & E

Tony Elka

Nov 26, 2012, 4:46:25 PM11/26/12
In article <s8o7b8t84cl6qi1al...@4ax.com>,
Y Lee Coyote <See.signa...@mail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:21:58 -0800, Tony Elka <shado...@shadowlane.com>
> wrote in
> <shadowlane-0B190...@c-131-121-196-216.gonavy.usna.edu>:
>
> >alt.sex.spanking is still running, unmoderated, and with very little
> >traffic. If we were to post there, and continue using zzz in the
> >subject lines, it would be an overnight solution that wouldn't cost
> >anyone a penny.
> >
> >I just checked, it had approximately 5 postings within the last 24
> >hours, all from one person.
> I find an entirely different story with alt.sex.spanking newsgroup. Looking
> on Google, it shows that there were some 1022 post this month. Looking at
> the last 500, they are all spam or personals. To be fair they list only
> 114 message last month.
>
> I do monitor the group with Agent using Easynews. I haven't seen a real
> messages in ages.
>
> The group <<alt.alt.sex.spanking>> is similarly infested but with a much
> lower volume.
>
> Perhaps you are referring to another group or your newserver filters.

I'm referring to "alt.sex.spanking" the original A.S.S.

114 postings in a month works out to less than 4 a day, and I said there
were 5 postings in the last 24 hours.

If the remaining active S.S.S.'s were to start posting there, using zzz
in their header, they would be able to communicate with one another
quite easily. Mark all the current messages as read and you're good to
go.

Again, it's already there, and costs nothing.

Tony

Y Lee Coyote

Nov 27, 2012, 12:23:19 PM11/27/12
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:46:25 -0800, Tony Elka <shado...@shadowlane.com>
wrote in
<shadowlane-D54FD...@c-131-121-196-216.gonavy.usna.edu>:

>114 postings in a month works out to less than 4 a day, and I said there
>were 5 postings in the last 24 hours.

Frankly, I don't understand. Last month ass had only 114 posts but this
month it is on the way to pass 1100 -- all of which are spam. Why are you
ignoring this month?

Anyone wishing to verify my statements may look at
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sex.spanking/topics?lnk=srg&hl=en
and see volume stats at
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sex.spanking/about?hl=en

Based on what I regularly delete using Easynews, I trust these figures.

I agree 4 spams a day is tolerable but 40 is not. That is why I proposed a
new Google group in my previous posts.

Of course, we still need to hear from Pablo about continuing as is as he
mentioned a few day back.

Y.

Tony Elka

Nov 27, 2012, 2:31:42 PM11/27/12
In article <dmt9b85v7h4q825bc...@4ax.com>,
Y Lee Coyote <See.signa...@mail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:46:25 -0800, Tony Elka <shado...@shadowlane.com>
> wrote in
> <shadowlane-D54FD...@c-131-121-196-216.gonavy.usna.edu>:
>
> >114 postings in a month works out to less than 4 a day, and I said there
> >were 5 postings in the last 24 hours.
> >
> Frankly, I don't understand. Last month ass had only 114 posts but this
> month it is on the way to pass 1100 -- all of which are spam. Why are you
> ignoring this month?

I was going by October, hadn't done any numbers on November yet.

> I agree 4 spams a day is tolerable but 40 is not. That is why I proposed a
> new Google group in my previous posts.

In my opinion, 40 spam posts a day is not a huge problem if the relevant
postings use "zzz" in the subject line. It helps if one is using a good
newsreader application, I'm using a free one for Macintosh called
MT-NewsWatcher, there are plenty of others for Windows.

Like I said, alt.sex.spanking is already in place, working and doesn't
cost anyone a dime. The Google Group option doesn't appeal to me much,
but others may feel differently.

Tony

DeMenace

Nov 27, 2012, 4:40:33 PM11/27/12
I use Thunderbird for both email, rss, and usenet. It has great filters
which would easily allow me to exclude any posts without zzz in the subject.
Denny