Re: Henry Kissinger tells Ukraine it should give Russia territory to try to find a peace deal

25.BX945

May 24, 2022, 11:45:42 PM5/24/22
On 5/24/22 10:56 PM, Steve Hayes wrote:
> Henry Kissinger tells Ukraine it should give Russia territory to try
> to find a peace deal - as Zelensky insists Putin has 'no interest in
> talking'
>
> Former US secretary of state told conference that Ukraine should
> accept terms
>
> The 98-year-old added if they don't begin negotiations there will be
> 'upheavals'
>
> He said it would be 'fatal' for the West to get swept up in 'mood of
> the moment'
>
> President Zelensky gave speech opening four-day Davos summit in
> Switzerland
>
> Summits will become pointless because 'brute force does not talk it
> kills,' he said
>
> Russia has been banned from the conference, in latest sign of Putin's
> isolation
>
> By LIZZIE MAY and CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE and AFP
> PUBLISHED: 02:14 BST, 24 May 2022 | UPDATED: 07:08 BST, 24 May 2022
>
> Henry Kissinger has said that the West should stop trying to inflict a
> crushing defeat on Russia and suggested that Ukraine should give up
> territory.
>
> Former US secretary of state Mr Kissinger, 98, told the World Economic
> Forum held in Davos, Switzerland that Ukraine must begin negotiations
> 'before it creates upheavals and tensions that will not be easily
> overcome'.
>
> 'Ideally, the dividing line should be a return to the status quo ante.
> Pursuing the war beyond that point would not be about the freedom of
> Ukraine, but a new war against Russia itself,' he told the conference
> on Monday.
>
> It came as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a powerful
> speech to open this week's Davos summit in Switzerland that brute
> force will once again rule the world if Russia's invasion of Ukraine
> is allowed to go unanswered.
>
> He told delegates that their summit will become pointless if Putin is
> allowed to win the war because he is 'not interested in our thoughts'
> and 'brute force... does not talk, it kills.'
>
> But Mr Kissinger said it would be 'fatal' for the West to get swept up
> in the 'mood of the moment' and forget Russia's position of power
> within Europe.
>
> According to The Telegraph, he explained that Russia was an 'essential
> part of Europe' for over four centuries, noting that European leaders
> must 'not lose sight of the longer term relationship' or otherwise
> risk putting Russia in a permanent alliance with China.
>
> He also said: 'I hope the Ukrainians will match the heroism they have
> shown with wisdom.'
>
> Volodymyr Zelensky told the meeting that brute force will once again
> rule the world if Russia's invasion of Ukraine is allowed to go
> unanswered in a powerful speech to open this week's Davos summit in
> Switzerland.
>
> The Ukrainian President told delegates that their summit will become
> [...]

Kissinger is still alive ???

In any case, Ukraine DID "give" Russia territory some
years ago - Crimea, chunks of northeastern Ukraine.
Just served as a launching pad for the NEW invasion.

Putin is NOT going to be appeased - he thinks he has
a Mission From God (or Stalin). He's gotten old and
sick and WANTS a "legacy" no matter what the cost.