Ben Carson slams the left’s insistence that America is 'systemically racist'

Johnny

May 20, 2022, 9:13:41 AM5/20/22

By Fox News Staff
Published May 19, 2022

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson on "The
Brian Kilmeade Show" Thursday slammed the notion that the United States
is fundamentally racist. Carson argued the left uses the race card to
"beat people into submission" and stop their opponents from speaking
out.

DR. BEN CARSON: What people need to recognize is that we have changed
dramatically in this country. And there are those who wish to use the
race issue as a conduit to beat people into submission, to make White
people feel guilty. And one of the consequences of that, intentional or
not, and I'm not sure. But if you're feeling guilty, you're not likely
to be as vocal about some of the things that are going on. So when
people start talking about defunding the police, letting dangerous
criminals back out to terrorize communities not guarding our borders so
that everybody can come in. And if you're feeling really guilty, you're
just going to stand in the corner with your head down and hope nobody
calls you a racist. That's not good for our country and it's not true
either. And then there are those who say that we're a systemically
racist country. But if we were systemically racist, why would people be
forming caravans trying to get in here? And when they got here,
wouldn't they call all their relatives and friends and say, Don't come
here, this is a horrible place. That's not what's going on. And I think
there are a lot of people who want to fundamentally change this nation
who just say to you, don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears,
don't believe your heart. Just listen to us. We'll tell you what you're
supposed to think.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-carson-slams-left-insistence-america-systemically-racist