California English teacher teaches kids grammar is part of White supremacy

1 view

Johnny

Dec 7, 2022, 8:08:55 AM12/7/22

By Hannah Grossman
Published December 5, 2022

A self-identified "cringey" California English teacher claimed she
combats "white supremacy" "B.S." in her classroom by teaching students
about the overemphasized importance of grammar usage and writing rules.

Marta Shaffer, a tenured English teacher at Oroville High School, began
the 2022-2023 academic year by teaching parts of linguistics as a way
of "fighting white supremacy in my classes," according to her posts on
TikTok. The goal was to be "inclusive of all kinds of ways we use the
language."

According to Shaffer, expectations for students to use proper grammar
and syntax is part of White supremacy culture that "runs deep."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-english-teacher-teaches-kids-grammar-is-part-white-supremacy-undermine-bs