Really bad meat

1 view

Robert_hedderick

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97

In article <5u41cg$c...@sjx-ixn7.ix.netcom.com>, jea...@ix.netcom.com(Jean
Kreiling) wrote:

> This week, there was a story on Tom Brokaw's evening news program about
> cow feed. Seems that U.S. farmers can no longer afford to feed their
> beef cows alfalfa. So they have substituted chicken manure. That's
> right. Chicken manure! And they mix dead carcasses, cement and
> cardboard with the manure.

Most cattle eat grass on the range, then grain on the feedlot before they
are slaughtered. A lot if vegetables are fed cow, chicken, and/or people
manure.
Gimme a nice rare steak!

Cheers.....

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
-- Nobel prize physicist, Richard Feynman.

Jean Kreiling

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97

madee

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97

On 28 Aug 1997 14:18:56 GMT, jea...@ix.netcom.com(Jean Kreiling)
wrote:

/\/\/\/\/\
There is nothing new in this story. Been going on for eons.

This is how, they believe, "mad cow disease" spreads. By the way,
they also are fed carcasses of other animals, including other cattle.

Now where do _you_ suppose that 25 Million lbs of bad HB will end up?

James A. Chamblee

Aug 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/28/97
to Jean Kreiling

Jean Kreiling <jea...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> This week, there was a story on Tom Brokaw's evening news program about
> cow feed. Seems that U.S. farmers can no longer afford to feed their
> beef cows alfalfa. So they have substituted chicken manure. That's
> right. Chicken manure! And they mix dead carcasses, cement and
> cardboard with the manure.

In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow poop to
harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.

Jim
Md.

Tom

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

>In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow poop to
>harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.
>
>Jim
>Md.

What is your source for this information?
Don't give me Tom Brokaw.

Tom in Sunnyvale

madee

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

On 28 Aug 1997 18:04:56 GMT, hedd...@flash.net (Robert_hedderick)
wrote:

>In article <5u41cg$c...@sjx-ixn7.ix.netcom.com>, jea...@ix.netcom.com(Jean
>Kreiling) wrote:
>

>Most cattle eat grass on the range, then grain on the feedlot before they
>are slaughtered. A lot if vegetables are fed cow, chicken, and/or people
>manure.
>Gimme a nice rare steak!
>
>Cheers.....

Fed on the range? Not most by a long shot. The feed is not all grain
either. It may include grandpa cow ground up into the feed.

I think you have been listening to many commercials from the beef
industry.

Jean Kreiling

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

>>This is how, they believe, "mad cow disease" spreads. By the way,
they also are fed carcasses of other animals, including other cattle.

Now where do _you_ suppose that 25 Million lbs of bad HB will end up?<<

////////////

Our Congressional representatives can probably provide the answer
to this question.

Incidentally, I understand that many European nations have banned
"cannibal cows." The U.S., however, has not yet passed a law against
this practice.

John K. Taber

Aug 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/30/97

James A. Chamblee wrote:

> In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow poop to
> harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.

Yuck.

There are a lot of Muslims here who slaughter animals according to
Islamic practice, call it Islamic kosher.

Do you know anything about this kind of raising and slaughtering as
practiced in Texas? We know some Pakistanis and have wondered about
joining them in meat purchases.

Anyhow, that was truly "yuck".

Doris Johnston

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

"James A. Chamblee" (cham...@erols.com) writes:

> In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow
poop to
> harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.

Right. And just remember, Jim, next time you pop a large, ripe, succulent
stawberry into your mouth and savour the taste ... that manure is what
every farmer uses also to make strawberries large, ripe and succulent.

Reminds me of the old, old, old joke about one farmer chatting up with his
neighbour farmer on the road one day. "What are you going to do with that
load of manure, Joe?" sez farmer #1.

"I'm going to put it on my strawberries," sez farmer #2.

"That's strange," sez farmer #1. "We always put cream on ours."

<tee-hee!>

- Dj

Here's a big, big hug: ( ( ( ( ( *** ) ) ) ) ) to keep my post going.

... where are all my favourite old, soc.retirement buddies ???

Too shy? (tisk-tisk!!)

--
"The time comes when you realize that you haven't merely been
specializing in something -- something has been specializing

Jerry_Johnston

Sep 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/2/97

John K. Taber wrote:

> James A. Chamblee wrote:
>
> > In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow poop to
> > harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.
>
> Yuck.
>
> There are a lot of Muslims here who slaughter animals according to
> Islamic practice, call it Islamic kosher.
>
> Do you know anything about this kind of raising and slaughtering as
> practiced in Texas? We know some Pakistanis and have wondered about
> joining them in meat purchases.
>
> Anyhow, that was truly "yuck".

I don't know if it's any worse than all the bull the politicians
have been feeding us for years. That's truly yuck. (g)
have a good day.

Dick Zielinski

Sep 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/3/97

On Tue, 02 Sep 1997 22:18:07 -0500, ferm...@maroon.tc.umn.edu (John
Ferman) wrote:

>> In addition, for many years, feedlot operators have been recycling cow
>>poop to
>> >harvest the undigested grain from it and feed it back to the cattle.
>>

>> That sounds like a lotta BS to me.... <g>
>>
>> Dick
>
>I don't believe it either. Cattle are animals and I don't an animal will
>eat feces. Crows and other birds will peck out pass-thru grain. In the
>short summer I spent on a farm I never saw any stock animal eat feces.

Didn't say I didn't believe it... It was a joke... Poop... BS... Get
it... ??

Many animals eat feces... Don't sound to appetizing to you and me
maybe, but maybe... unlike animals, that's cause we've never tried
it... <g>

Dick

Shirley Barwise

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

On 2 Sep 1997, Doris Johnston wrote:

> ... where are all my favourite old, soc.retirement buddies ???
>
> Too shy? (tisk-tisk!!)

No, just getting back on track after a wonderful summer.
How you doing Doris.

Just heard that Mother Theresa passed away, apparently it was on the CBC
news.

Shirley

" The trick is to live a long time without growing old"
Shirley Barwise
Chair, Calgary Freenet Senior Special Interest Group
Manager, Calgary Freenet Office, Board of Directors,
Member, Public Relations Committee

Arthur Wouk

Sep 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/6/97

!wrote:
!
!>In article <5u41cg$c...@sjx-ixn7.ix.netcom.com>, jea...@ix.netcom.com(Jean
!>Kreiling) wrote:
!>
!>>
!>
!>Most cattle eat grass on the range, then grain on the feedlot before they
!>are slaughtered. A lot if vegetables are fed cow, chicken, and/or people
!>manure.
!>Gimme a nice rare steak!
!>
!>Cheers.....
!>
!>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
!Fed on the range? Not most by a long shot. The feed is not all grain
!either. It may include grandpa cow ground up into the feed.
!
!I think you have been listening to many commercials from the beef
!industry.

more than grandpa cow. it also included chicken, pig, sheep, and any
other commercial meat animals' unsaleable other parts.

look for range fed meat. it is available, more expensive, safer.
also less fatty.

we get such here in colorado. free range chickens, too. ours comes
from coleman meats (commercial - oops!) but there is already a second
supplier of such in the local markets. we get ours from the natural
foods store here - no, those places are not for vegetarians alone. ours
also has the only fish which doesn't stink this far from the sea.

--
comp...@answerme.cybermirror1.com fort...@answerme.cybermirror1.com
sim...@answerme.cybermirror1.com offshor...@answerme.cybermirror1.com

crol...@pvtnetworks.net

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

John Ferman wrote:

> I don't believe it either. Cattle are animals and I don't an animal will
> eat feces. Crows and other birds will peck out pass-thru grain. In the
> short summer I spent on a farm I never saw any stock animal eat feces.

Then you are dead wrong! Believe it or not out here in the wild west
folks are smashing the 10% shit out of cow pies and feeding the other 90%
back to the cows. They mix it with fresh feed and cows aren't picky
eaters.

BiNM