Holy Quran: Raging Hurricanes

GiantPaw

Sep 16, 2004, 2:28:43 AM9/16/04
REVELATIONS OF GOD IN THE HOLY QURAN ABOUT THE JUDGING POWER OF HURRICANES:

(1) "Feel ye then secure that He will not cause a slope of the land to engulf
you, or send a sand-storm upon you, and then ye will find that ye have no
protector?

Or feel ye secure that He will not return you to that (plight) a second time,
and send against you a hurricane of wind and drown you for your thanklessness,
and then ye will not find therein that ye have any avenger against Us?" (Holy
Quran XVII:68-69).

(2) "And unto Midian We sent Shu'eyb, their brother. He said: O my people!
Serve Allah, and look forward to the Last Day, and do not evil, making
mischief, in the earth.

But they denied him, and the dreadful earthquake took them, and morning found
them prostrate in their dwelling place.

And (the tribes of) A'ad and Thamud! (Their fate) is manifest unto you from
their (ruined and deserted) dwellings. Satan made their deeds seem fair unto
them and so debarred them from the Way, though they were keen observers.

And Korah, Pharaoh and Haman! Moses came unto them with clear proofs (of
Allah's Sovereignty), but they were boastful in the land. And they were not
winners (in the race).

So We took each one in his sin; of them was he on whom We sent a hurricane, and
of them was he who was overtaken by the (Awful) Cry, and of them was he whom We
caused the earth to swallow, and of them was he whom We drowned. It was not for
Allah to wrong them, but they wronged themselves.

The likeness of those who choose other patrons than Allah is as the likeness of
the spider when she taketh unto herself a house, and lo! the frailest of all
houses is the spider's house, if they but knew" (Holy Quran XXXVI:36-40).

(3) "Or have ye taken security from Him Who is in the heaven that He will not
let loose on you a hurricane? But ye shall know the manner of My warning.

And verily those before them denied, then (see) the manner of My wrath (with
them)!" (Holy Quran LXVII:17-18).

(4) "By the emissary winds, (sent) one after another

By the raging hurricanes,

By those which cause earth's vegetation to revive;

By those who winnow with a winnowing,

By those who bring down the Reminder,

To excuse or to warn,

Surely that which ye are promised will befall.

So when the stars are put out,

And when the sky is riven asunder,

And when the mountains are blown away,

And when the messengers are brought unto their time appointed -

For what day is the time appointed?

For the Day of Decision.

And what will convey unto thee what the Day of Decision is! -

Woe unto the repudiators on that day!

Destroyed We not the former folk,

Then caused the latter folk to follow after?

Thus deal We ever with the guilty" (Holy Quran LXXVII:1-18).