[uua_l@uua.org: [UUA-L] Alice Blair Wesley to Receive UUA Distinguished Service Award]

1 view

wolfe

Jun 19, 2009, 11:28:20 AM6/19/09
----- Forwarded message from Unitarian Universalist Association <uu...@uua.org> -----

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:25:07 -0400
From: Unitarian Universalist Association <uu...@uua.org>
To: uu...@lists.uua.org
Subject: [UUA-L] Alice Blair Wesley to Receive UUA Distinguished Service
Award

Minister and author Rev. Alice Blair Wesley is the 2009 recipient of the
Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism
from the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The award will be
presented to Wesley at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 27th, as part of the
UUA's General Assembly in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The Award for Distinguished Service, one of the most prestigious awards
given by the Unitarian Universalist Association, recognizes those who
have strengthened the institutions of Unitarian Universalism or
clarified the message of Unitarian Universalism in an extraordinary way.

Wesley is an influential author best known for her exploration of
covenantal theology in Unitarian Universalism. In 2000-2001, she
delivered a series of six lectures on covenant as the selected speaker
for The Minns Lectures. Her lectures were published by Meadville Press
as "Our Covenant" in 2002.

The citation honoring Wesley says, in part, "She has constantly called
attention to the wisdom of the people in the pews and reminded us how we
are gathered so that we might grow in love," stated the selection
committee in their citation. "Her candor, insight, and scholarship have
blessed our congregations. Our movement is stronger due to [her]
unfailing persistence."

Read the press release on this event at
http://www.uua.org/pressroom/pressreleases/143266.shtml

----- End forwarded message -----
--
soc.religion.unitarian-univ is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
u...@iecc.com, and see http://sruu.iecc.com for the FAQ and posting policy.