UU Wine fundraiser

jo...@johndoherty.com

May 7, 2009, 10:55:26 AM5/7/09
Hello,

My name is John Doherty. I am a twenty year member of Northshore
Unitarian Universalist Churchin Danvers, MA, though I am a native of
the City of Presidents (Quincy, MA) , where John Adams was my
homeboy. ;-)

I have not posted in this group for ages, but I thought something
we're up to here might have appeal to other Unitarians beyond our
church. We are running a wine fundraiser in conjunction with Custom
Grapes, and here's a link:

http://www.customgrapes.com/NSUU_s/121.htm

also a link to our church, and you can link to the wine fundraiser
from there as well:

http://nsuu.org/

We are offering six wines-- three reds, three whites including a
sparkling wine. All the wines are from a Chilean vintner except the
sparkling, which is from Catania in Spain. Each wine features custom
Unitarian Universalist artwork, either by photographers from our
church, or in one case, a design I created from scratch.

All the retail profits from this sale goes to fund our church and the
work we do here-- approximately $7 from each bottle (a bit less for
the package rates).

The fundraiser ends May 11th; Custom grapes expects to ship within two
weeks of that.

The photographs are of various views of our church grounds, and one,
"Summit Sauvignon" is of hikers on a trip to Mount Monadnock in nearby
New Hampshire.

The non photo label is one celebrating our church as a welcoming
congregation: "Rainbow Merlot".

If you are in New Hampshire, you must ad sales tax as indicated. There
are 5 states, I think, that still do not allow the shipment of liquor
by mail. And Custom Grapes only ships within the continental US, in
those other 45 states.

Some of you who enjoy wine may want to acquire a bottle; perhaps with
the recent success of marriage equality, some might like to get a
bottle of our Rainbow Merlot. Or perhaps you might enjoy doing a
version of this fundraiser in your own home churches.

In any case, pardon my quasi commercial announcement, though I'm not
sure I'm quite spam, since I am only sending this to this newsgroup,
and proceeds do benefit a branch of UUs.

So maybe there's a percentage of spam in the can, but it's good for
you. ;-) Thanks for your attention.

JD
--
soc.religion.unitarian-univ is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
u...@iecc.com, and see http://sruu.iecc.com for the FAQ and posting policy.