מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

wolfe

לא נקראה,
18 ביוני 2009, 15:25:5218.6.2009
עד
----- Forwarded message from Unitarian Universalist Association <uu...@uua.org> -----

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:47:22 -0400
From: Unitarian Universalist Association <uu...@uua.org>
To: uu...@lists.uua.org
Subject: [UUA-L] UUA President's Statement in Support of Bisexual, Gay,
Lesbian, and Transgender People

Rev. William G. Sinkford, President of the Unitarian Universalist
Association (UUA), released the following statement today.

The bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender (BGLT) community and their
allies have been watching for a signal from the Obama administration
that promises made during the campaign about BGLT rights would soon
become realities. While there are some signs of hope in the recent
decision to extend partial benefits to same-sex partners of federal
employees, the promises of the Obama campaign remain largely
unfulfilled.

Rev. Louise Green, Minister of Social Justice at Washington, DC's, All
Souls Church, Unitarian, said this yesterday: "President Obama and
Congress have a long way to go to fully address the exclusion,
oppression and violence that the (gay and lesbian) community faces every
day ... In order to ensure that today's action is just a first step and
not a last, my fellow people of faith must continue raising our
collective voice in support of true equality. We must be clear: we stand
on the side of love, and everyone, our nation's leaders especially, are
welcome to join us."

As I prepare to leave office as president of the Unitarian Universalist
Association, I assure you that Unitarian Universalists will continue to
advocate for full rights for bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender
people.
We stand on the side of love.

Sinkford's statement can be found at:
http://www.uua.org/news/newssubmissions/143278.shtml

Green's statement can be found at:
http://www.uua.org/news/newssubmissions/143294.shtml

----- End forwarded message -----
--
soc.religion.unitarian-univ is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
u...@iecc.com, and see http://sruu.iecc.com for the FAQ and posting policy.

0 הודעות חדשות