Re: New 0ptout?

OptOut1

Jan 4, 2005, 3:17:43 PM1/4/05
some men are more "womanly" than others, and some women more
"masculine" than other women, the traditional male and female roles are
so deeply entrenched in our society, that even in these modern times
they remain at the core of our being. When Nature divided the human race
into two, She did not simply draw the line through the middle - the
divisions are polar and opposed to each other, and the difference
between them is not merely qualitative, it is also quantitative.

Despite occasional and fanciful forays into "equality of the sexes" and
the like, our conditioning stands firm. Our conditioning is very deeply
rooted. We must be more realistic in our approach to the problem. Our
goal should not be "equality" but humanity. If women become more like
men, and men more like women, the result will be a society of spineless
weaklings. This will only compound the problems for our species. We must
go beyond such petty thinking, to a life of rationality and truth. We
must become Supermen, taking male rationality to its ultimate conclusion
and not stopping short. We must recognize the enormity of the task that
lies before us, and passionately set to work on it.

Two creatures as remotely different as man and woman cannot
realistically expect equal rights. And so I heartily join Schopenhauer
when he says that when women were given equal rights, they should have
been endowed with male reason also.

Even so, I doggedly