Sikh Holy Prophecy

Ross Campbell

Dec 8, 2003, 6:22:05 PM12/8/03
Can someone tell me where to find Sikh Prophecy concerning
the future of mankind, or the Earth? Please respond to:
rossca...@shaw.ca

Thank you

Ross

soc.religion.sikhism is a moderated newsgroup. Post your articles
to this newsgroup, or email them to sikh...@acpub.duke.edu
Administrative contact address is sikh...@acpub.duke.edu

Amardeep S Chana

Dec 8, 2003, 10:17:42 PM12/8/03
"Ross Campbell" <rossca...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Can someone tell me where to find Sikh Prophecy concerning
> the future of mankind, or the Earth? Please respond to:
> rossca...@shaw.ca
>
> Thank you
>
> Ross

Dear Ross,

You will not find much that can be compared to the prophetic texts of
Judaism/Christianity/Islam. Neither the origin of earth/mankind nor their
collective future bears much importance in the Sikh faith. It maintains the
necessity of achieving salvation in the present rather than at an arbitrary
time in the future. Indeed this makes sense since the purpose of prophecy
is to lend authenticity to a savior as the central theme of a religion.
Sikhism deprecates the need for a savior. It instead empowers the
individual with the tools necessary to develop a direct and personal
relationship with the Creator.

Regards,
Amardeep

nn200312 (at) apexdestiny (dot) net