Sikh view on end of the world?

Amardeep S Chana

Jul 23, 2003, 2:25:15 AM7/23/03
"Synergy" <syn...@fuse.net> wrote in message
news:3f1016c2$0$49459$a04e...@nnrp.fuse.net...
> What does the Sikh religion say with regards to the end of the
> world/humanity?

It says nothing on account of the fact that the religion is really intended
for the living.

soc.religion.sikhism is a moderated newsgroup. Post your articles
to this newsgroup, or email them to sikh...@acpub.duke.edu
Administrative contact address is sikh...@acpub.duke.edu

Madhusudan Singh

Jul 25, 2003, 1:02:29 PM7/25/03
On Monday 14 July 2003 11:50, Synergy (syn...@fuse.net) held forth in
soc.religion.sikhism (<3f1016c2$0$49459$a04e...@nnrp.fuse.net>):

> What does the Sikh religion say with regards to the end of the
> world/humanity?

> soc.religion.sikhism is a moderated newsgroup. Post your articles
> to this newsgroup, or email them to sikh...@acpub.duke.edu
> Administrative contact address is sikh...@acpub.duke.edu

SSA,
There is none beyond that it is relatively unimportant. Worrying about the
details of the end of the world while there is still so much prejudice,
hate and want in this world is a little irrational, don't you think ?

WJKK,
WJKF.

JR

Jul 30, 2003, 6:15:01 PM7/30/03
Madhusudan Singh <spammers...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bfrjge$i2qmd$2...@ID-159130.news.uni-berlin.de>...

Maybe the original poster was asking this question from the
judeo-christian perspective. In Sikhism, Hinduism, and Budhism, the
world is not seen so much as a creation of a supreme being but as
being an integral part of the supreme consciousness. As such the
question is irrelevant to the practitioners of these faiths but not
necessarily for reasons mentioned by Madhusudan.

On a related, or maybe unrelated, issue. Once I was reading a book on
quantum physics and the writer mentioned that once you get to small
enough scales, it is impossible to make out the distinction between a
solid and a liquid, between a human body and the surrounding air, and
so on. That made me think.... isn't that what most of the great
thinkers and the Guru's discovered in their revelations, that we're
basically an inseparable part of a continuum. Once you realize the
one-ness of the universe, the trivial differences amongst the humans
seem inconsequential.

JR