Sikhnism questions ...

Jaimie

Oct 30, 2003, 1:51:17 PM10/30/03
Hello,

I am trying to take a survey for research of the Sikh religion
and the practices observed by whom and what percentage. I'd
appreciate it if someone would review these questions, suggest some,
or just plain criticize/slam my questions as I'm totally ignorant of
the religion. Please feel free to improve on them and let me know.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Here they are:

What is your ethnicity?
West Asian
Caucasian
Black
Hispanic
East Asian
Other
I'd rather not say

If other, What is your ethnicity? (optional)
[ ]

If asked how religiously observant you are, what would you say?
(With regard to Banis, Meditation, Gurdwara, etc.)
I am very observant
I am somewhat observant
I am not observant

** are these reasonable choices? ***
How do you view The Holy Guru Granth Sahib?
I aspire to follow all of it
I aspire to follow some of it, but it is only meant as a guide
I do not aspire to follow any of it

** are these reasonable intervals? ***
I perform Banis [More than once/Once] per day.
I perform Meditation [More than once/Once] per day.
I go to Gurdwara [More than once/Once] per day.

Have you taken Amrit?
Yes
No
I'd rather not say

Do you observe:
Kesh (refrain from cutting hair) [Yes/No]
Kanga (wear the wooden comb) [Yes/No]
Kirpan (wear the ritual sword) [Yes/No/When Possible]
Kacha (wear the ritual clothes) [Yes/No]
Kara (wear the ritual bracelet) [Yes/No]

Do you wear a turban?
Yes
No

What is your caste if this applies to you?
[ ]

Do you eat meat?
Yes, I eat any meat
Yes, but I only eat Jhatka meat
No, I'm a vegetarian

If you were asked whether you smoke what would you say?
No
Rarely
Yes
I'd rather not say

If you were asked whether you drink what would you say?
No
Rarely
Yes
I'd rather not say

Thanks a bunch,
Jaimie

soc.religion.sikhism is a moderated newsgroup. Post your articles
to this newsgroup, or email them to sikh...@acpub.duke.edu
Administrative contact address is sikh...@acpub.duke.edu