An Outsider's Question

Signpoet

Oct 6, 2003, 12:25:01 PM10/6/03
About a year ago I asked and received some very kind replies regarding a
question of Sikh etiquette. Now I have another.
My wife and I have been invited to the birthday party of a married Sikh woman.
It will take place at a local restaurant. Is it appropriate for us to bring a
gift, and, if so, what is appropriate? I know that money is given at marriages
and other ceremonies; would this be the same?
Thanks to all who reply. Please reply to sign...@aol.com, since I don't
usually frequent this board.

soc.religion.sikhism is a moderated newsgroup. Post your articles
to this newsgroup, or email them to sikh...@acpub.duke.edu
Administrative contact address is sikh...@acpub.duke.edu