Quetzalcoatl and Jesus

David Dalton

Jul 29, 2015, 1:50:02 AM7/29/15
On my Salmon on the Thorns web page
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html
I draw some parallels between past figures and my
own experiences including my naked sun stare, thorn
hill climb, and blue rose vision of Sept. 5/6, 1991 .

Here is the section on Quetzalcoatl from that web page:

Jesus and Quetzalcoatl

This series I think refers to an original human figure Quetzalcoatl. He
is mainly a Mexican figure but I think is also known in Central America
so I have put this section in both the North American native parallels
page and the Central and South American native parallels page (and
also in the Christian parallels page).

Once I thumbed at random D.H. Lawrence's The Complete Poems and came out
at a page with some poems relating Jesus and Quetzalcoatl, from the
section Poems From the Plumed Serpent. On that page was the short poem

My name is Jesus, I am Mary's son,
I am coming home,
My mother the Moon is dark

Brother, Quetzalcoatl,
Hold back the wild hot sun.
Bind him with shadow while I pass.
Let me come home.

>From that I interpret the dark moon as being new moon, so related to my
waning crescent to new moon highs, and the hold back the wild hot sun to
my sun stare of Sept. 5, 1991, 2.5 days before the exact time of new
moon.

Some other relevant quotes from those poems are:

In the cave which is called Dark Eye
Behind the sun, looking through him as a window
Is the place. There the waters rise,
There the winds are born

Those last four lines are about Quetzalcoatl than Jesus though, but they
again indicate to me my sun stare and in it the tunneling beyond the sun.

Some more lines, from a poem called Quetzalcoatl looks down on Mexico,
are:

Jesus had gone far up the dark slope, when he looked back.
Quetzalcoatl, my brother! he called. Send me my images,
And the images of my mother, and the images of my saints.
Send me them by the swift way, the way of the sparks,
That I may hold them like memories in my arms when I go to sleep

In that I interpret the sparks to be like my own mystic spark
experiences.

Also I know alcohol wasn't much used in pre-Columbus South and Central
America, so I don't expect that there is evidence that the original
human Quetzalcoatl abstained from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon as
I do now, but I plan to research if I can whether he abstained from
psychotropic drugs during waxing moon and partook of them during waning
moon at times (though I do not plan to).

In the book PAGAN & CHRISTIAN CREEDS: THEIR ORIGIN AND MEANING by Edward
Carpenter ( http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1561/1561-h/1561-h.htm )
it says:

(2) See Kingsborough's Mexican Antiquities, vol. vi, p. 176, where it is
said "an ambassador was sent from heaven on an embassy to a Virgin of
Tulan, called Chimalman... announcing that it was the will of the God
that she should conceive a son; and having delivered her the message he
rose and left the house; and as soon as he had left it she conceived a
son, without connection with man, who was called Quetzalcoat, who they
say is the god of air." Further, it is explained that Quetzalcoatl
sacrificed himself, drawing forth his own blood with thorns; and that
the word Quetzalcoatlotopitzin means "our well-beloved son."

So Quetzalcoatl seems to have undergone a naked thorn hill climb like
mine of Sept. 5/6, 1991, which I also relate to Jesus's crown of
thorns and the thorns wound around his heart in the old Sacred
Heart of Jesus picture.

I was once told that there are Latin American tales of a
blue rose, which I would relate to my blue rose vision,
so follow up if you know anything about those.

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"When the train, it left the station, with two lights on behind