Helping Islam with every long distance call

ob...@ecf.toronto.edu

Jul 15, 1992, 4:24:15 PM7/15/92

BEFORE anyone sends me any mail asking for more info, PLEASE, just this
once take note that I am just passing on info, which hopefully
others can use (living in Canada, I can't)....mail br Sayeed for
more info.

NadeemS

From: sja...@spanky.ece.uc.EDU (Sayeed Jaweed)
Subject: Helping Islam with every long distance call

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Assalamu alaikum Brs and Srs, please read the following flyer,
it explains an EASY way of raising funds for Islamic education;

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Muslim Education Foundation
---------------------------
June 8, 1992
Dear brothers and sisters: Assalamu Alaikum.

Muslim Education Foundation (MEF) is a non-profit organization
that is established for providing Islamic education in America. MEF
is introducing a new concept of fund raising, "Contribute without
Donating".

Dr. Jamal Badawi describes it: "It is a means of pooling
together muslim's purchasing power in order to earn an income that
can be used to help the muslim community in North America. Your
risk is next to nothing, while the potential benefit is immense."

Our first project is a contract to switch muslims' long
distance services to MCI. MEF will get back 5% of the long distance
bill at NO COST to you, and you will get:
-MCI quality long distance programs.
-20% Discount of Friends & Family (Even to an overseas
number).
-$9.00 Certificate for long distance usage.
-No change to your lines or dialing methods.
-MCI will pay to switch you back to any carrier if
you're not totally satisfied after 30 days.
-The best of all, Allah's blessings for every time you
use your phone.

The money collected will be spent on local and national
Islamic projects under the supervision of MEF boards. MEF has on
its boards trusted scholars and community leaders such as:
Dr. Jamal Badawi Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad Maulana Muhammad Naseem
Imam Siraj Wahaj Dr. Ahmad Sakr
Dr. Muhammad Yunus Shaikh Jamal Said
Br. Ahmad Al-Hattab Br. Dawood Zwink
Br Mohammad Akram Adlouni Br Ammar Charani

Allah says, "And help each other to do good and be God
fearing." In order to keep our high return we need at least 5,000
participants in the next three months. Your participation will set
the example needed for the Muslims all over the United Sates.

All you need to do is: -Pick up a form
-Fill out the information needed.
-Sign and return to MEF.

May Allah make all our efforts for His sake, and may Allah give you
the best rewards.
MEF P.O. Box 1100, Goldenrod, FL 32733 Tel: (407) 333-9779, 1-800-
288-3633, FAX: (407) 333-9954

you should be able to get forms for your community from the above
telephone number, In-sha'Allah.

please post the flyer in your Mosque - tell your Muslims Brs and Srs not
on the net - try to get as many involved as possible.

unfortunately if your already on MCI then I think the only way
you can get the money to go to MEF is to switch carriers for a
month and then come back to MCI - if someone knows of an easier
way please tell us.

wassalamu alaikum,
sayeed