Congratulations Muslims

GF Haddad

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
MONTH OF RABI` al-AWWAL 1420

Congratulations to the Umma on the beginning of the blessed month of the
Prophet's birth, RABI` AL-AWWAL! The scholars of Islam are in agreement
that the birth of the Prophet -- Allah bless and greet him -- took place
in this month.

Accordingly the etiquette to keep with this month is to invoke abundant
blessings and peace on our Prophet (SAWS) and to remember him as much as
possible, reflecting on the nobility and beauty of his person, the
fidelity of his conveyance, the perseverance of his struggle in the way of
Allah, and the indescribable blessing of his guidance for the Community.

In keeping with the etiquette of this month I am beginning a series of 40
posts entitled "The Superlative Eloquence of the Prophet (SAWS)" in which
I post translations of the hadiths gathered by Shaykh `Abd Allah Siraj
al-Din al-Naqshbandi al-Halabi in illustration of the Prophet's miracle of
"Jawami` al-Kalim" or "Pithiest Expressions With the Farthest-Reaching
Meanings." Insha Allah I will also be continuing my series entitled "The
Propbativeness of the Sunna,"

Hoping thereby to gain the good pleasure of the Prophet -- Allah bless and
greet him -- and acceptance in the divine Presence despite little
knowledge and less practice on the part of the weak slave

al-Hajj Gibril

GF Haddad
Qas...@cyberia.net.lb