Presence in the world

Timothy Sutter

Mar 29, 2010, 5:57:00 PM3/29/10
==
2 Timothy 3:15-17
and that from childhood you have known
the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make
you wise for salvation through faith which
is in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete,
thoroughly equipped for every good work.
==

i know people like to cite this
as a support of the bible itself,

but it says, also, that scripture
is good for something.

now, if scripture is good
for reproof and correction,

what exactly is to be
reproved and corrected?

is it 'faith alone' that must
be reproved and corrected?

perhaps, but it goes on to say that
the man of God, by reproof, correction
and instruction in righteousnmess,
would be equipped, thoroughly,
for 'every good work'

see, because, you can say;

"faith alone"

but what will keep and maintain one's
'faith alone' from being 'quenched'
must somehow be connected to these
'every good works'.

and this passage that people like to cite,
suggests that the scriptures are valuable
for reproof and correction.

who -does- the reproved and corrected good works?

the man of God, that's who.

[yeah yeah yeah, this means women too]
[just accept that you're a 'man' too]

anyway, the simple fact that inspired doctrine
is a valuable thing to assist one in walking
in that way that leads to life, says, at least
that conscious intent and actions must have some
bearing -on- this 'faith' and should be pursued
so as to truly bring this conversion to the
fruit bearing state that is the intent
from before the beginning.

you wouldn't suggest that the intent of
'salvation' was simply to perpetuate a
life that -stays- in Egypt and toils
for Pharoah.

where toiling for Pharoah could be seen
as the various feeding of physical addictions,
and behaving in the very manner that scriptures
would suggest need reproof and correction -from-
so as to see a truly righteous work from your life
which magnifies God's Presence in the world.

so, if you suggest that 'salvation' is by 'faith alone'

what you may also wish to suggest is that, this

'salvation' should not stop short of

entry in to the Promise of God.

where this Promise directly involves
the casting in the full armor of God
so as to -be- that rightous man in whom
God is well pleased,

and if you 'draw back,' God is not pleased.

seems that works of faith do not only -show-
the faith but must also make contribution
so as to -increase- and grow this 'faith' so
that a fruit bearing tree is developed
and maintained and -not- 'cut down'

and -even- -if- we have YHWH
to fight our battles for us,

we -still- are to be led in to that
corrected state where -we- -can-
wield the sword in that right way.

sure, we are 'saved by faith alone'

but we must -keep- that
'faith alone' to the
very end.

and our participation in these
corrected 'good works' is one of
our keys to -maintaining- this 'faith'.

not for show, or to wave
around for men to see, but
to increase our faith so
that _God_ will see.

which is all old news, but,

it's still important that we see,

because, of course, it is the -attitude-
whereby such reproved and corrected works
are walked in that -is- the hallmark
of this 'faith'.

where we are 'hilarious' about it and not
'grudgingly' doing what we don't -quite- believe
is the right and correct way in which to walk,

because you will lay that cross down and refuse
to carry it till the end if you don't know that
it is the right and correct thing to do,

and you -develope- this knowledge
by doing it and not just
thinking about it.

like anyone needed me to tell them that.

but, belaboring the obvious is sometimes my thing.

--
http://timothysutter.usafreespace.com/