Christ Justifies His Own

1 view

Frank

Jan 17, 2010, 11:57:00 AM1/17/10

Christ justifies whosoever he wants to justify:
He justifies his own.
It is his decision totally, and not ours at all.
And if he wants to justify the best man on earth,
that is his decision;
and if he wants to justify the worst man on earth,
that also is his decision.
And the so-called "righteousness" of both of those
is just as filthy rags.
And if Christ wants to justify Saul (Paul)
who then was raging against the Christians,
that is the business of Christ, and not ours.
And if Christ wants to justify Luther
who was angry with God,
that is the business of Christ, and not ours.
Christ justifies who he wants;
he justifies the ungodly because that is what
all of us are unless he imputes
his righteousness unto us.
And Christ gives the faith to those that
he wants to justify: faith to trust him
to be their Righteous Substitute,
their righteousness for salvation.
And we are justified by faith alone:
not by faith plus repentance
as almost everyone believes today,
and consequently hardly anyone today
is being justified (saved):
many people (even many denominations)
profess that we are justified by faith alone,
but what they profess and what they believe
are usually quite different things.
People want to trust in
their own "righteousness",
even if it is just some little thing,
just so they can have something
to be in control of their own "salvation".
But the truth is that people
are wretched, miserable,
poor, blind, and naked,
and unless Christ imputes his own
righteousness unto them,
they will be lost.
And even though people repent
as God has commanded all to do,
they must never trust in that for salvation,
because their own "righteousness"
will never save them,
and because all trust must be on Christ alone
to be our Righteous Substitute
so that he will impute his righteousness to us
as though that were ours.
But when Christ justifies someone,
Christ declares that person to be
as righteous as himself.
This is how righteous that is:
As righteous as God himself,
because that is who Christ is,
and that is the righteousness
that is required for salvation:
A righteousness that is always triumphant,
that can never yield to temptation in the least,
that can never be deceived,
that can never be overcome by anything at all.
And that righteousness must be imputed to us,
rather than imparted (that is, not actually given),
because no one except God could ever
be as righteous as God
any more than anyone except God
could ever be as powerful or as wise as God.
So, that righteousness is imputed to us:
that is, we are declared to be that righteous,
not made to be that righteous.
And although in eternity we will be spotless
because at his coming, Christ will change us,
yet none of us will ever be
as righteous as God,
but always Christ will impute his righteousness to us:
because of that we can never fall
as did Adam and Eve in the garden
(though they were spotless before),
and as the angels that fell (though spotless before):
because Christ regards his own righteousness as ours,
he will never let us fall no matter what.
Protestants in the past knew about the imputed
righteousness of Christ because that is the core
of the Gospel that Christ showed to enable
the Protestant Reformation.
But today the real Gospel is hardly heard anymore,
having been pushed aside by the false "gospel"
of "salvation" by surrender that saves no one;
and even in those denominations that once
knew the real Gospel, it has been so clouded up
that people just trust in
their own "righteousness" anyway.

--
http://roines.home.mindspring.com

((( s.r.c.b-s is a moderated group. All posts are approved by a moderator. )))
((( Read http://srcbs.org for details about this group BEFORE you post. )))