Is Eternity a Worthwhile Thought?

bwme...@toast.net

Jan 31, 2010, 8:52:18 PM1/31/10

Is Eternity Important?

Answer --- yes.

Now that we've thought about that one, for a moment, what are we going
to do about it?

Everyone tells us what they're going to do, or not going to do, all
the time. Someone close to me just told me he was not going to sit in
a pew of a church again, as I understood him to say. And this person
was presumably a Believer in Christ, Who warned us in the strongest
terms, not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together, "as we see
the Day approaching." A man whose family desperately needs his
Christian leadership, into Eternal Life, a man whom God has assigned
that responsibility to, and he is going to answer for it.

As often as not, it turns out they did the opposite. Because,
according to the Bible, people are normally puppets on strings
manipulated by a powerful being who is called satan, "the god of this
whole world," and "the enemy of your souls," and "who hath blinded the
minds of those who Believe not . . ." --- 2 Cor. 4:4, Ephesians
2:1-3, etc.

There are two classes of people on the earth: "those who Believe not,"
and "those who are the called according to God's Purpose" Those who
are saved, and those who are not saved. Those who will face the wrath
of God forever and ever, and those of whom "no eye hath ever seen, no
ear hath ever heard, no one has ever even imagined the things that God
hath prepared for them that love Him."

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, AND
LOSE HIS OWN SOUL?" God asks (Mark 8:36). And that question was
addressed to saved people, in particular, people who were already
guaranteed Eternal Life with the Lord. IOW, it is possible for a
person to "lose his own soul," even though he will be with the Lord
forever. This will happen at the Judgment Seat of Christ, it has been
later revealed, where only the redeemed appear, and we are warned that
that will be a terrifying ordeal (2 Cor. 5:10-11, 1 Tim. 2:15, 2 Tim.
4:1, Col. 3:24-25, Heb. 12, etc).

Mark 8:36, although addressed primarily to Believers, obviously
applies to every person on this earth; that is why the Lord uses the
words, "a man," in it. (the "gender specific" crap (eg, "he or she")
the world is feeding us, while at the same time promoting and
fostering uni-sex, notwithstanding)

I believe that if a man is not concerned about Eternity, he is not a
Believer: HE IS NOT SAVED. I don't care what creed he claims. He is
one of those "DEAD in trespasses and sins" (Eph. 2:1, John 10:27-28).
One could only be dead who is unconcerned with Eternity; that has got
to be a supernatural malady, and proof of 2 Cor. 4:4.

If so, what can you do about it? Basically you can't do anything
about it, on your own, because Belief is only the Gift of God
(Ephesians 2:8-9). But yet there IS something you can do about it,
because God has told us that He has given us a Book, which if you will
get into and heed, He will GIVE you that Belief --- it is the Gospel
of John (John 20:30-31). He also has PROMISED "faith comes by HEARING
--- hearing the Word of God" --- that is, the Bible. And He warned a
group of Jews, "ye are NOT MY SHEEP (because) My sheep HEAR My voice"
--- the Bible.

Who do YOU hear? Washington? The TV? The Obama regime? (or Bush, or
the media, or what you "learned" in school, or what you get from the
pulpit in church*, or?)

*(whether it be true teaching, or false teaching, if it is what you
HEAR, it is in the category of all the above --- Acts 17:11-12)

God says, "CURSED BE THE MAN THAT TRUSTETH IN MAN!"* Do you know where
the majority of the above come from? From that being mentioned above,
"the god of this world." Do you know what is happening to you while
you are HEARING those things?

*(I have found that apparently over 90% of "christians" believe what
man tells us, that three buildings, in 911, were brought straight
down into the earth by Muslim terrorists, using two airplanes. I
believe any fifth-grader, who has not been blinded as above should see
through that one)

". . . FOR THEY WILL INCREASE UNTO MORE AND MORE UNGODLINESS."

IOW, they are destroying your Eternal soul, AND the souls of all who
hear YOU --- that means, fathers, your beloved family, to begin with.
And you WILL answer for that, before the Judgment Seat of Christ, if
you are saved. And they will result in TEARS like you've never known
(Esau is the direct example God gives of this, in Hebrews 12).
Yes, that God does say He will "wipe away all tears" --- but I
guarantee you will not want them in the first place! They are what
the Bible calls "the TERROR of the Lord" in 2 Cor. 5:10-11.

This will happen --- you cannot prevent it while you are into the
things of this world --- because that is A PROMISE OF GOD. The same is
true of being into those passions down in our hearts, and into
mindless games (Dr. Hovind's perceptive reminder of what the word
"amusement" really means --- "a, " meaning "without"; "muse," meaning
"to think" --- amusement means "not to think," or, more accurately,
not to think about the things that really matter, that is Eternal
things)

Our Lord, concerning the "Parable of the good Samaritan," was asked,
"and who is my neighbor?" With a little thought in depth of what the
Lord was teaching by this Parable, it seems clear that anyone in the
vicinity of that man who needed help WAS HIS NEIGHBOR. And ANY
NEIGHBOR is responsible before God as to how he deals with his
"neighborship" which God placed him in (cp Acts 17:26-28).

You are, first of all, that neighbor TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD, obviously.
Every moment of every day, you are shirking your responsibility (when
you are with them, and when you are not, by the activities you are
doing that are qualifying or disqualifying yourself --- Galatians
6:1), and "passing by on the other side of the road," leaving them to
die; OR you are building them up, contributing to their Eternal Life,
and adding to "your joy and crown" (Php. 4:1).

And to that church, which you refuse to take your family to, because
they've got some faults; you are also a neighbor. If you see faults
there (and all churches, which God COMMANDS us to assemble with, have
them --- even that wonderful Church at Philippi did --- almost all of
them have, to begin with for the past 200 years or more, the entirely
wrong format ---Ephesians and Colossians), help them, instead of
"passing by on the other side of the road." YOU ARE INDWELT BY THE
SPIRIT OF CHRIST, are you not? Doesn't that qualify you for something?
Now, you may choose WHICH church, of course; and seek God to know
which one. And which one is none of anyone else's business --- that
is between you, your family, and God. And it will not be the same
church for every Christian, nor for one Christian throughout his life,
as we have seen in our experiences recently.

But DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER --- God
promises the penalty for that WILL BE SEVERE (Heb. 10:25-26).

Bob

((( s.r.c.b-s is a moderated group. All posts are approved by a moderator. )))
((( Read http://srcbs.org for details about this group BEFORE you post. )))