The Goodness and the Severity of God

bwme...@toast.net

Jan 9, 2010, 11:39:09 AM1/9/10

Romans 11:22 --->

Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God:=20
on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness,
if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also=20
will be cut off.

Dr. Morris writes:
**********************************
severity of God. God=92s =93severity=94 is a subject studiously avoided b=
most modern scholars, who prefer to believe in a God who will take
everyone to heaven. The Scriptures clearly reveal otherwise. Jesus
said only a few are on the road that =93leadeth to life,=94 while many
are on the broad =93way, that leadeth to destruction=94
(Matthew 7:13-14).=20

All those that =93know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our
Lord Jesus Christ =85 shall be punished with everlasting destruction
from the presence of the Lord=94 (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9). Sadly also,
many who profess to know the Lord will be dismayed at the judgment
to hear Him say: =93I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work
iniquity=94 (Matthew 7:23).=20

God can be severe! [1]
*********************************

[1] --- More important; and which is Dr. Morris' whole point, is that
God WILL be severe. The damnation forever is not that "all except
Lutherans are going to Hell," but that --->

The Lord Jesus will appear in flaming judgement "taking vengeance on
all who:

know not God; and

who obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

--- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

All "churches" have their endless "doctrinal statements," their
meticulous requirements for "fellowship" with them (which is not
"fellowship" any more than it is their other claim, "worship"). But
God's Doctrinal Statement is brief, necessary, and sufficient:=20
=20
--- 1 Cor. 15:2-4.

Bob
Christ Died to Save You

((( s.r.c.b-s is a moderated group. All posts are approved by a moderator. )))
((( Read http://srcbs.org for details about this group BEFORE you post. )))