The Power Of God

Frank

Jan 26, 2010, 9:14:51 AM1/26/10

The Scriptural passage that Christ used
to enable the Protestant Reformation
was Romans 1 verses 16 and 17:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
(verse 16 KJV)

Those saved by the Gospel, cherish the Gospel.

for it is the power of God unto salvation....
(verse 16)

The next verse tells how the Gospel saves:

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed....
(verse 17)

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation
because in the Gospel the righteousness of God
is revealed.

That righteousness of God is the righteousness
of Christ that Christ imputes to us when we trust him
to be our Righteous Substitute:

Even the righteousness of God
which is by faith of Jesus Christ....
Whom God hath set forth to be
a propitiation through faith in his blood....
(Romans 3:22, 25)

Thus Christ imputing his righteousness to us,
is the core of the Gospel
because that is what makes us
acceptable to God
so that we have eternal life:

But to him that worketh not,
but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly,
his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man,
unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(Romans 4:5-6)

In the Reformation,
Protestants trusted Christ
to impute his righteousness to them,
that is, regard his righteousness as though theirs,
so that they would have eternal life.

But today, the imputed righteousness of Christ
is hardly heard, while people are trusting
in their repentance, surrender, commitment
to save them rather than trusting in Christ alone.

The popular "gospel" of "salvation" by surrender
is a false "gospel" that saves no one
because it is based on our so-called "righteousness"
rather than on the imputed righteousness of Christ.
Therefore, the false "gospel" has no power of God
unto salvation no matter
what logic, feelings, or experiences.

The real Gospel, the Scriptural Gospel,
the Gospel that enabled the Protestant Reformation
is posted at my website along with numerous
articles explaining what has happened.

--
http://roines.home.mindspring.com

((( s.r.c.b-s is a moderated group. All posts are approved by a moderator. )))
((( Read http://srcbs.org for details about this group BEFORE you post. )))