Pat Robertson

1 view

da...@dhovgaardphotography.com

May 2, 2005, 9:14:25 PM5/2/05
Welcome to the culture wars. Pat Robertson was on this week and told
Stephenopolis that liberals were a greater threat to America then Al
Quida or even Hitler. Things must be really going bad for the fascist
right when they have to trot out Pat Robertson to call liberals dirty
names. He said that liberals wanted to create an Oligarchy, of course
isn't it interesting that this is exactly what Bush is trying to do.
In the run up to the war in Iraq and after the invasion started Pearl,
Wolfowitz and Rummy all said, America was an empire now. The nation
quoted Scott Card as saying that the United States was an empire and
they created their own reality, which was their excuse for the lies
they told.

What amazes me though is that after billions of dollars and probably a
half a million lives, although it is hard to know the exact numbers
because anyone who gets them gets dead, people still believe these
bastards even when they admit they lied. Bush said the other day that
they had no intelligence that there were WMDS or that there was a
connection between Saddam and Ben Laden. He said it and it wasn't
even news, there were no headlines, President Lies to America, there
were no calls for impeachment, when lying to congress is definitely an
impeachable offense, so is misleading the American people and going to
war under false pretenses so you can steal somebody else's natural
resources. But that's okay Bush believes in God. Although, the God he
believes in is a narrow minded ignorant prig, who thinks that freedom
should only be for those who have money or for those who are ignorant,
backward, fundamentalist Christians, the rest of us should just be
killed and before you say they haven't killed anybody yet, how about
a couple hundred people in custody, who never got a trial and were
probably innocent( see DOD report on deaths in custody), how about a
couple hundred thousand civilians most of which were minding there own
business. Dead people are dead people it doesn't matter what color
their skin is or what their faith was and if you can kill people for
being Muslim how about Atheist or Jew, because this constant haranguing
by the right against those who don't believe in their religion is
leading somewhere. I hope it is not leading where I think, but as bad
as it is getting, I would not be surprised if they start killing those
who do not believe as they do. But Liberals are somehow the problem,
people that would defend your right to believe anything you wanted
including the rabid hate that right has for everyone else. These are
dark days my friends and the only thing that will save us from the pit
is if we stand up together and defend freedom from Bush and his
cohorts.

David Hovgaard

tesseract

May 3, 2005, 11:46:17 AM5/3/05
Bush's followers would literally march over a cliff to follow him.
Many people have been taught from the cradle to "do as you're
told," and can't break rank even when it's killing them. The comfort
of being in a herd comforts them, I am sure, while being independent
and deciding things case by case on their own merits is difficult,
lonely,
and time consuming.
The things these people in power say do not have to be true. That is
not
their point, in fact, it is irrelevent to them and their goals.
They only wish to maintain the status quo, at any cost, so as to
maintain
their financial and social position and insulate themselves and their
families
from the uncertainties and horrors of this world.
The ones we face every day.
Do I have enough money to eat and pay rent, and what if I get sick?
No lie, deception, or betrayal is too great to comprehend for them.
Only the loss
of their privileged position, only being exposed to the hazards of a
common
life without the shield of great wealth and power frightens them.
Social Security was passed because the rich were afraid that they were
about to be mobbed and murdered in their homes, as happened to Czar
Nicholas the Second of Russia, not out of concern for the poor.
Now that crowd control measures are much better, the wealthy are ready
to revoke the
safety net for the poor.
"The public be damned."- Commodore Vanderbilt.

tesseract

nitin_pa...@hotmail.com

May 3, 2005, 9:58:24 PM5/3/05
Ultimately, it is the Patriot Act which allows us to prevent terrorist
attacks. That is why voting Republican is the better way to go.

Dan Goodman

May 3, 2005, 11:08:37 PM5/3/05
On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:58:24 -0500, nitin_pa...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Ultimately, it is the Patriot Act which allows us to prevent terrorist
> attacks.

No. A competent government would be able to guard against terrorism
without compromising individual freedom.

And an incompetent government would, no matter what powers it had under
law, spend available resources entirely on showy stuff and funneling money
to its friends.

> That is why voting Republican is the better way to go.

Not if you're a genuine conservative, or a practicing Christian.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

tesseract

May 5, 2005, 7:22:28 AM5/5/05
Dan Goodman writes:

*And an incompetent government would, no matter what powers it had

under
law, spend available resources entirely on showy stuff and funneling
money

to its friends. *

I can't believe that anyone who calls themselves conservative, or runs
a business,
can be proud of having voted for Bush.
Half trillion dollar deficits? Barry Goldwater is turning in his
grave!
Even Lyndon Johnson, a heavy spender on social issues, put on a 10% tax
surcharge during the Viet Nam War.
Throwing the poor to the wolves may make great campaign rhetoric in
front of
rabidly conservative audiences, but it is only the fact that there is a
present surplus
in social security funding that is keeping the budget from looking much
worse
than it is.
Our ability to deal with oil shortage and terrorism is already
compromised by our
super large outstanding foreign debt in the form of bonds to finance
the tax cuts for the rich.
Oil shortages that will make 1973 look small are shortly due to show,
and this time they
will not be due to corporate skullduggery from Enron or the oil cos.
They will be real and forever.
The Saudis don't want it in the papers.
How will all these consevative businessmen who voted for Bush run their
businesses
without gasoline? How will we farm, or keep from freezing?
$70,000,000. spent in Congressional investigations on Clinton's
Whitewater to produce
nothing, and $0 spent on Bush's Harken Oil stock shenanigans or the
accounting irregularities at Hallibuton under Cheyney, or the close
connection between the "Pioneer"
and "Ranger" Republican donors and awarding of contracts and
appointments?
Clinton paid back much foreign debt. Bush put us much worse in the red
(For you
neocons: we couldn't and can't afford Iraq! It's a fiscal disaster!!)
Kim Il Jong always was a worse threat than Saddam, but there's no oil
in Korea.
Of course, he's still there.

tesseract

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

nitin_pa...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2005, 4:37:11 AM5/7/05
Firstly, statement 2 does not say that "scaring peace-loving people
with phantoms of lost liberty" will not be tolerated. It simply says
that such fearmongering aids terrorists, even though it is quite legal
to do such fearmongering, and Aschroft never calls it illegal.

Secondly, such fearmonging is specifically to falsely proclaim that
people have lost any liberties, when in fact they have not lost any
liberties. It does not refer to all forms of dissent.