Illinois FreeMasonry - Still the One

Torence

Nov 13, 2012, 5:59:30 PM11/13/12
I was just wondering if anyone is still using soc.fremasonry.org? I have been busy elsewhere; but, I thought that I should share with you the following post to see if we can get some of our old mojo back and start-up discussions here again.

=====
Our Grand Lodge formed up a committee of someone other than the lawful representatives of our individual Lodges in order to invent a “Vision and Mission Statement” for Illinois FreeMasonry and then impose it upon us to denote our purpose. And, you cannot get past the first six words of it without the Grand Lodge introducing in it the issue of Race which is abhorrent in Masonic discussion.

Twenty-first century Masonry is not an Integrationist Society anymore then our nineteenth century fraternity was an Abolishionist Society, nor was the twentieth century fraternity a society to promote Civil Rights for the Negro. What other Race is there, anyway, for Men to belong to other then the Human One? When will the old Grandfathers quit dumping the collective guilt of past generations onto the new ones entering the fraternity? Race, sexual orientation, class distinction etc. are not issues for us. If they were concerned about it at all, then they would have dealt with it in their time.

The phrase "Men from all Walks" would have sufficed for the purpose.

But time and time again, at least in my Masonic lifetime, we have all experienced upstart, Careerist Masons showing up in our Local Lodges, who are not members of it, to demand that we consider a petitioner's skin color as some sort of passport to gaining admission because it suits their sensibilities and they think that it will win them some points for their progress. And Committee Work here, as it is in all businesses, is at its best - useless. Unfortunately. its product, which by definition appeals to the least common denominator, is destructive to the company for which it is supposed to support. As long as the words "of all races' appear in this product, the issue of Race will be introduced into your Local Lodge to blast your harmony and disturb your peace.

And now, just when this twentieth century worry was about to fade away with the generation who fled the old neighborhoods where we once resided and took the charters with them rather than form-up new ones in their Utopias built for Eisenhower Era men... they raise it again.

No Grand Lodge has a Right to concern itself with the Complexion of the Membership in your Lodge. We, the officers and members of our individual Lodges Lodges decide what material to introduce into the fraternity. And, they need to write their programs to provide tools which are useful for us.
Here is the new "Vision and Mission Statement" for Illinois FreeMasonry released on September 5th, 2012.

What Are Your Thoughts About It? And, Do We Need Such a Thing?

FRATERNITY
Accepting men of all races and walks of life who demonstrate upright conduct and acknowledge a belief in God, Illinois Freemasonry is a fraternal order inculcating harmony, fellowship and brotherly love among its members.

ENLIGHTENMENT
Lodges provide enlightenment through Masonic symbols, allegorical lessons, and education endeavoring to strengthen and improve the character of the individual man; enhancing his moral and spiritual outlook, so he may adapt a life exemplifying the principles of personal responsibility and righteous living.

BENEVOLENCE
Thus Masons strive to promote community and human welfare and inspire acts promoting benevolence, charity and good will toward all mankind; translating Masonic principle and conviction into personal actions ultimately making the world in which they live a better place.

Fraternally,
Torence Evans Ake
Secretary – Auburn Park Lodge No. 789 – Crete, Illinois
Chaplain – Triluminar Lodge No. 767 – Lansing, Illinois
MIGS – Illinois Lodge of Research
City and Country Steward
PM – Arcadia Lodge No. 1138 – Lansing, Illinois

Tom Accuosti

Nov 30, 2012, 10:13:24 AM11/30/12
On 11/13/2012 05:59 PM, Torence wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone is still using soc.fremasonry.org? I have been busy elsewhere; but, I thought that I should share with you the following post to see if we can get some of our old mojo back and start-up discussions here again.

Hey, I can't believe that any posts are getting through.

Since so many people have gone over to web boards, and since Usenet
access is still sketchy with some ISPs, and since smartphones, tablets,
etc., don't seem to have (m)any options for Usenet access, it's no
surprise that Usenet has been taken over by the conspiracy theorists.

Currently, I'm pretty busy as a moderator over on the Reddit Freemasonry
group. Reddit.com is a news aggregate with a bazillion discussion
boards. Someone started a Freemasonry board there a couple of years ago,
and it's been growing. It's the first place I found that has some of the
qualities of the older newsgroups.

If you're interested in checking it out:

http://reddit.com/r/freemasonry

--
Tom Accuosti

Kevin Sweeney

Nov 30, 2012, 4:12:18 PM11/30/12
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:59:31 PM UTC-6, Torence wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone is still using soc.fremasonry.org? I have been busy elsewhere; but, I thought that I should share with you the following post to see if we can get some of our old mojo back and start-up discussions here again.

I would swear that I replied to this already!

Anyway, I'm still here.

Kevin Sweeney
Worshipful Master
Elgin Lodge No. 117 A.F. & A.M. of Illinois

Tom Accuosti

Dec 4, 2012, 10:24:03 AM12/4/12
On 11/30/2012 04:12 PM, Kevin Sweeney wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:59:31 PM UTC-6, Torence wrote:
>> I was just wondering if anyone is still using soc.fremasonry.org? I have been busy elsewhere; but, I thought that I should share with you the following post to see if we can get some of our old mojo back and start-up discussions here again.
>
> I would swear that I replied to this already!
>
> Anyway, I'm still here.

Hey! You're the new Reddit guy! I'm the mod that approved your flair.

--
Tom Accuosti
http://masonictao.wordpress.com

Exalted Keeper of the Secrets of Freemasonariansim
Grand Sovereign Pontiff and Secret Enquisitor
Ambassador to Zeta-Reticula

P.M., Friendship #33.3 AM&FM
Area 51, Atlantis

Kevin Sweeney

Dec 6, 2012, 3:04:58 PM12/6/12
> Hey! You're the new Reddit guy! I'm the mod that approved your flair.
>
> Tom Accuosti

I am indeed. And I didn't see your message there until after your message here. So I just answered you, and I'll catch up soon enough.