Come in Curt Gareth Wherever You Are!

Paul

Jan 2, 2001, 9:09:43 PM1/2/01
I sat down last night for my first viewing of a classic gay film "A
Very Natural Thing" and got quite a shock! Turns out one of the leads
was an old lover (from my days at the University of Miami) whom I've
entirely lost track of.

The character he played in the film was named "Mark" and the name
listed for my friend in the credits was Curt Gareth. Obviously a
stage name as the guy's real first name is Jerrie (I can't remember
his last name).

I tried all the search engines and could only come up with mentions of
the "Curt Gareth" name at sites either selling videos of the film or
those dealing with queer cinema history.

If anyone knows of any other way of locating my friend, I sure would
appreciate being headed in the right direction. Mind you, it's been
almost 35 years and there's sure been a lot of water flow under the
dam...

Regards,

Paul

dennis....@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2018, 2:45:05 PM7/28/18
Any luck finding your ex?

paul...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2019, 11:06:06 PM8/16/19
Saw Mr. Gareth in a play at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles in 1975. I think the play was Seascape with Deborah Kerr and another prominent actor whose name escapes me at the moment. I remembered his character in A Very Natural Thing and wanted to see him act live. I believe I even saved the program! Hope you find him. I wonder what he’s doing now.

jascos...@yahoo.com

Feb 29, 2020, 8:47:20 AM2/29/20
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 11:06:06 PM UTC-4, paul...@gmail.com wrote:
> Saw Mr. Gareth in a play at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles in 1975. I think the play was Seascape with Deborah Kerr and another prominent actor whose name escapes me at the moment. I remembered his character in A Very Natural Thing and wanted to see him act live. I believe I even saved the program! Hope you find him. I wonder what he’s doing now.

I am researching the film A VERY NATURAL THING. I am looking for information on anyone who worked on this film, particularly Curt Gareth. I suspected he was using an assumed named. Like the original poster, I've struck out finding anything except references to his participation in this movie. If anyone has any info, I'd love to hear from you. And I'd love a picture of that program for Seascape, particularly if it has a bio for Mr. Gareth!

jascos...@yahoo.com

Feb 29, 2020, 8:49:12 AM2/29/20
Hi Paul. I am researching A VERY NATURAL THING. I would love to hear anything you can recall about Jarrie a.k.a. "Curt Gareth".