Re: Queer puffing Starbucks closing NY cafe in what scumbag union calls retaliation

1 view

Women don't see homosexuals as competition

Jul 4, 2022, 6:05:03 PM7/4/22
In article <XnsACA9618B4...@95.216.243.224>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The whole USA's gonna be

after Democrats in November 2022.

The union representing Starbucks' workers at a cafe in New York
State claims the location is being closed by the company as
retaliation for unionizing.

The Workers United union filed the complaint with the US
National Labor Relations Board on Friday, accusing the company
of violating federal labor law by announcing it will permanently
close an Ithaca, New York store and alleged it was in
retaliation for workers’ union activism, according to Bloomberg.

In response, Starbucks said the closure wasn’t related to the
store recently being unionized, but resulted from facilities,
staffing, and "time and attendance" issues at the store.

"With deep care and urgency we continuously work to create the
kind of store environment that partners and customers expect of
Starbucks. Our goal is to ensure that every partner is supported
in their individual situation, and we have immediate
opportunities available in the market."

Employees at the Ithaca location, located near the Cornell
University campus, voted to unionize in April.

The workers at that location mounted a one-day strike after
saying there was an unsafe situation at the store, saying an
overflowing grease trap had spilled wastewater and oil onto the
floor.

"We open and close stores as a regular part of our operations,"
Starbucks spokesperson Reggie Borges said Friday, according to
the report.

The union is asking the agency to get an injunction to more
quickly prevent or reverse the closure.

"Starbucks won’t get away with retaliating against us like
this," Evan Sunshine, one of the store’s employees, said in an
emailed statement to Bloomberg from the union. "Whatever it
takes, however long it may take, we will persevere."

Ticker Security Last Change Change %
SBUX STARBUCKS CORP. 79.05 -0.37 -0.47%

Starbucks, through its attorney, said the company wanted to
negotiate with Workers United regarding the impact on employees.

A Starbucks in Buffalo, New York, became the first in the United
States to unionize late last year.

The company operates more than 34,000 stores worldwide.

Fuck you unions. Fuck Starbucks too. Their coffee tastes burnt
and sucks.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/starbucks-closing-ny-cafe-
union-calls-retaliation-report