Gays & the military - again

Kate

Jul 11, 1991, 12:04:18 PM7/11/91

I'm pissed! Last night a straight male "friend",Jerry, called. He
read an editorial in a local rag about Ohio State & the ROTC problem.
Gays in the military and all that. He's in the National Guard. He
just can't seem to understand that one's sexuality has nothing to do
with job performance in the armed services. He ragged on about all
the given "prerequisites" that any job would have, and how one of the
military's is one must be a het. His entire argument boiled down to
he didn't want all you nasty little faggots staring at his wonderful
masculinity and fantasizing about him. The main support he had for
his position was the way the military goes to extremes to keep men and
women apart. "If," he said/asked, "men with a preference for women can't
shower with women, why should men with a preference for men be able to
shower with men?" This was the only point I couldn't refute.
He also claims he could be friends with gay men, BUT . . . he wouldn't
want the friendship "ruined" should (implied when) said gay man misunderstands
Jerry's feelings and comes onto him. I find this terribly hypocritical
and insensitive given his relationship/friendship with Jennifer and I.
There has never been a misunderstanding on his or our part as to the
nature of our relationship. Yet, he insists that all straight men have
sex as their (sometimes not so) hidden motive behind friendships with
all women, therefore, all gay men must have sex as their (sometimes not
so) hidden motive behind friendships with all men.

God/goddess he pissed me off!! why the hell is he calling a lesbian to
rant and rave about not wanting QUEERS in the military? Asshole!!

There. I feel a little better. Kind of. Sort of. Maybe. In a way.

--
- miss kate **************************************
"If you don't get this, then you * kr...@ewf.eng.ohio-state.edu *

tus...@otago.ac.nz

Jul 11, 1991, 5:39:34 PM7/11/91

Kate writes:
> God/goddess he pissed me off!! why the hell is he calling a lesbian to
> rant and rave about not wanting QUEERS in the military? Asshole!!

Maybe, just maybe he wants you to introduce him to some of your gay friends...

You never know, his reason could be he may be staring at all the other boys
wonderful masculinity and fantasising, so why would he want others spoiling his
fun...

I dunno, if he is still pissing you off, point him in this direction and tell
him to swim, there are lots of wonderful little beasties between here and
there!

:)

Computing Services Centre \ / It's Ph: +64 3 479-8563
University of Otago, Dunedin, NZ. \/ Pink! Fax: +64 3 479-8577

Jess Anderson

Jul 12, 1991, 7:58:24 PM7/12/91

In article
<1991Jul11.1...@zardoz.eng.ohio-state.edu>
kr...@eng.ohio-state.edu (Kate) writes:

>I'm pissed!

As well you should be, I think!

>Last night a straight male "friend",Jerry, called. He read
>an editorial in a local rag about Ohio State & the ROTC
>problem. Gays in the military and all that. He's in the
>National Guard. He just can't seem to understand that one's
>sexuality has nothing to do with job performance in the
>armed services. He ragged on about all the given
>"prerequisites" that any job would have, and how one of the
>military's is one must be a het.

Why waste time? The guy's a pig.

>His entire argument boiled down to he didn't want all you
>nasty little faggots staring at his wonderful masculinity
>and fantasizing about him.

You might not have noticed in the same way I would have, but
it has never ceased to *amaze* me how many straight men are
such morons as to *presume* every gay man in the world would
automatically be attracted to *them*, just because they're
male and just because we're gay. What a primitive level of
understanding. Shows you what assholes some men are. Oh, I
guess you probably noticed, after all.

>The main support he had for his position was the way the
>military goes to extremes to keep men and women apart.
>"If," he said/asked, "men with a preference for women can't
>shower with women, why should men with a preference for men
>be able to shower with men?" This was the only point I
>couldn't refute.

Male privilege! :-) We get it both ways, didn't he know?

The answer, of course, is in the extremes the military goes
to to keep the sexes separate. That there are some good
reasons for doing this, after all, shows how wrong things
are in the society from which the military derives its
existence.

>He also claims he could be friends with gay men, BUT . . .
>he wouldn't want the friendship "ruined" should (implied
>when) said gay man misunderstands Jerry's feelings and comes
>onto him.

He should maybe listen to how some women feel about that wrt
to him.

>I find this terribly hypocritical and insensitive given his
>relationship/friendship with Jennifer and I.

>There has never been a misunderstanding on his or our part
>as to the nature of our relationship.

Not to take too vigorous exception, but how could that be
true? If he doesn't understand the other thing, how can he
comprehend your relationship, in any useful way?

>Yet, he insists that all straight men have sex as their
>(sometimes not so) hidden motive behind friendships with all
>women, therefore, all gay men must have sex as their
>(sometimes not so) hidden motive behind friendships with all
>men.

Start with conclusion, adduce the argument. Time-honored
male method.

>God/goddess he pissed me off!! why the hell is he calling a
>lesbian to rant and rave about not wanting QUEERS in the
>military? Asshole!!

Got that right. Why don't you just cut the creep dead?
I would.

>There. I feel a little better. Kind of. Sort of. Maybe.
>In a way.

Go for it!

<> America is the only nation in history which miraculously
<> has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without
<> the usual interval of civilization.
<> -- Georges Clemenceau, 1 December 1945
--
Jess Anderson <> Madison Academic Computing Center <> University of Wisconsin
Internet: ande...@macc.wisc.edu <-best, UUCP:{}!uwvax!macc.wisc.edu!anderson

ryerson.schwark

Jul 15, 1991, 2:47:57 PM7/15/91
In article <1991Jul12.2...@macc.wisc.edu> ande...@macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) writes:

>You might not have noticed in the same way I would have, but
>it has never ceased to *amaze* me how many straight men are
>such morons as to *presume* every gay man in the world would
>automatically be attracted to *them*, just because they're
>male and just because we're gay. What a primitive level of
>understanding. Shows you what assholes some men are. Oh, I
>guess you probably noticed, after all.

Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
men."

Ry Schwark
oh yeah
:-

James Hansen

Jul 16, 1991, 12:05:59 PM7/16/91

>Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
>something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
>men."

A problem arises when they *are* good looking, however ...

--
James B. Hansen {sun,uunet}!convex!jhansen
CONVEX Computer Corporation jha...@convex.com

ryerson.schwark

Jul 16, 1991, 2:01:33 PM7/16/91
In article <jhansen....@convex.convex.com> jha...@convex.com (James Hansen) writes:
>In <1991Jul15.1...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com> r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:
>
>>Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
>>something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
>>men."
>
>A problem arises when they *are* good looking, however ...

No dear. Bigots are *always* ugly, the stench of rot from their brain
is a serious turn-off, even if they do have big dicks.

Ry Schwark

Michael S. Pettersen

Jul 16, 1991, 5:50:10 PM7/16/91
(Jess Anderson) writes:
>it has never ceased to *amaze* me how many straight men are
>such morons as to *presume* every gay man in the world would
>automatically be attracted to *them*, just because they're
>male and just because we're gay.

My roommate, who is struggling valiantly to come to grips with my coming
out, recently tried to sound me out on this question. I observed that I
was damned if I do, and damned if I don't, and didn't answer. I didn't do
this to be coy, but I felt it was something he has to learn to deal
with on his own.

He may still be feeling uncomfortable, and he may bring it
up again. Any other suggestions on how to handle it?
--
Michael Pettersen, Ohio State Physics
m...@ohstpy.bitnet, m...@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu

Joseph Francis

Jul 17, 1991, 3:53:40 AM7/17/91
In article <1991Jul16....@cbnewsl.cb.att.com> r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:
>In article <jhansen....@convex.convex.com> jha...@convex.com (James Hansen) writes:
>>In <1991Jul15.1...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com> r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:

>>A problem arises when they *are* good looking, however ...
>No dear. Bigots are *always* ugly, the stench of rot from their brain
>is a serious turn-off, even if they do have big dicks.

Dear M. Thang;

I've been feeling guilty about big dicks lately; there are some
twinkies at my gym (and when the French are Twinkie, they are really,
really, twinkie...) with big-ole fat table-leg uncut anteater dicks...
and I have the urge to levitate across the showerroom and teleport
them to my bed for an evening of mutual moistness when they give me
lust-filled 'you're quite a munchy teddybear' looks.

What is wrong with me? I usually can't even see men without a
moustache, and these barely have body hair. Am I going crazy? Am I a
blatant size queen? Should I submit to my urges (yes, there are 4 I
haven't submitted to) and get me some of that?

Help!

Sign me -- C'mon, what do I do, put it on my shoulder and burp it?

--
| Le Jojo: Fresh 'n' Clean, speaking out to the way you want to live
| today; American - All American; doing, a bit so, and even more so.

Jess Anderson

Jul 17, 1991, 6:56:32 AM7/17/91

In article <1991Jul17.0...@ircam.fr>
fra...@ircam.fr (Joseph Francis) writes:

>What is wrong with me? I usually can't even see men without a
>moustache, and these barely have body hair. Am I going crazy? Am I a
>blatant size queen? Should I submit to my urges (yes, there are 4 I
>haven't submitted to) and get me some of that?

>Sign me -- C'mon, what do I do, put it on my shoulder and burp it?

I suggest throwing both arms around it and hugging it for
all you're worth -- well, for more than that, actually.

As for the change in taste (yours, not its), this may have
the tiniest connection to the accelerating width of the gap
between today and the day your mother's Pride and Joy came
into this life. You may not like Suze now, but you will,
you will.

<> In the long run we are all dead.
<> - John Maynard Keynes, "The General Theory," 1936

Donn Pedro

Jul 17, 1991, 11:28:49 AM7/17/91
In article <jhansen....@convex.convex.com>, jha...@convex.com (James Hansen) writes:
> In <1991Jul15.1...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com> r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:
>
> >Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
> >something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
> >men."
>
> A problem arises when they *are* good looking, however ...

No more of a problem than the one faced by a male het soldier working
next to an attractive female soldier.

Donn Pedro ...................{uunet, sequent, pn1}!uswnvg!dfpedro.

Joshua Geller

Jul 17, 1991, 1:03:12 PM7/17/91

r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:

*How* big?

josh
I believe that one is responsible for the consequences of that which one
could have prevented but consciously chose not to with awareness of those
consequences.
dave policar

Jeff Shaevel

Jul 15, 1991, 2:35:49 PM7/15/91
In article <10412.2...@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu>,
m...@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu (Michael S. Pettersen) writes:

[about a straight roommate who is wonders if Michael is attracted to him]

> He may still be feeling uncomfortable, and he may bring it
> up again. Any other suggestions on how to handle it?

First of all, be very sure how *you* feel about the situation. If you
are attracted to him at all, it might be best to have this out in the
open. Of course it is possible to be attracted to someone--either mildly
or wildly--and choose not to act upon it. Your friend may simply need to
know this.

I don't believe that straight men assume we want to sleep with them so
much as their own fear of doing so develops into a paranoia of sorts.
Even if you *aren't* attracted and never make the slightest overtures, it's
amazing what people can read into your actions. This is more difficult to
notice and address.

Example: In college the people I lived with in the dorm knew that I was
gay, and (overtly, at least) had no problem with this. At one point,
however, one of the guys began acting oddly around me and after a while I
found out--from someone else--that he was upset that I had "put the moves
on him". When I learned of this, I asked him when this was and what I
supposedly had done. He got somewhat vague, but finally confronted me with
a list of minor, "subtle" things, such as brushing his hand while passing
the salt (imagine that! :-) ), which he took as "hints".

I assured him that, as open as I am about my sexuality, I had no need to
play such games and that if I had been interested he would have known quite
clearly. His "homophobic hallucinations" became clear to him (although we
didn't call them that), and everything was fine.

A similar event happened years later. A co-worker expressed almost exactly
the same concern with very similar "evidence". The difference here was that
I actually *was* rather attracted to this man, but had no intention of ever
acting upon it. He was aware of my attraction, however, and this made it
that much easier for him to imagine that I was "hinting" at him.

As before, I assured him that I respected both his heterosexuality and his
monogamous marriage (as I would for a gay couple), and he saw his imaginings
as just that.

I find it easy to be calm in these cases because I see these as examples of
homophobia (fear) as opposed to homohatred. No offense was meant, or taken.
True, it may seem a silly fear to us to be afraid of a motss being attracted
to us, but for many people that is a new experience.

Good luck with your roommate, and I hope all goes well.

Jeff Shaevel / :-))-: <- drama masks \ sha...@shaevel.austin.ibm.com
"I'm *not* butch. Rise Stevens is BUTCH." - McNally, "The Lisbon Traviata"

Eric Holeman

Jul 17, 1991, 6:07:36 PM7/17/91
writes:

>Should I submit to my urges (yes, there are 4 I

>haven't submitted to) and get me some of that?

Yes. And enquiring minds wanna know, so don't think we'll let you
off without telling all.

>Sign me -- C'mon, what do I do, put it on my shoulder and burp it?

Oh, I have faith in you. You'll think of something.

--
Eric Holeman wave...@milton.u.washington.edu
"I don't think that it is. I think it is hostile toward idiots."

Robert White

Jul 19, 1991, 3:08:26 AM7/19/91
Having trouble with your friends thinking you are comming on to
them and still you dont want to insult them by saying you are not
intrested?

When asked if you find thme intresting and sexually apealing
say "I don't know, I didn't really look... I don't fuck my friends."
The ocassional "why?" deleivered afterwards, delivered in a way
sutable to their reaction, can brake the post-revalation stress
quite nicely....

worked for me on a few occasions.
--
Robert C. White Jr. | Though bitter, in many ways the small-
rwhite@jagat <look it up 8-)<| mindedness (if such a measure may be

Noli in Spiritu Combueri

Jul 17, 1991, 12:51:41 PM7/17/91
In article <1991Jul15.1...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com>, r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:

> Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
> something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
> men."

Oh yes!
yes yes yes

I was just wondering what could have happened if all the sf motssers read
thsi at the same time!
the *snap* could maybe set off the big one! ( earthquake that is! )

LUX .. owen

--
D. Owen Rowley, {uunet,fernwood,sun}!autodesk!owen , { ow...@autodesk.com }

There are 2 rules for success in life:
Rule 1) Don't tell everybody, everything you know.

Mick Washbrook

Jul 17, 1991, 7:46:13 PM7/17/91
In article <jhansen....@convex.convex.com>, jha...@convex.com (James Hansen) writes:
> In <1991Jul15.1...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com> r...@cbnewsl.cb.att.com (ryerson.schwark) writes:
>
> >Goddess yes! My usual response is to be nuturing and reassuring,
> >something like "Oh don't worry, you're safe, I only like good looking
> >men."
>
> A problem arises when they *are* good looking, however ...

In that case, you whip out a couple of beers. We all know that the only
difference between a straight man and a bisexual is two beers.

--
mi...@autodesk.com

Mick Washbrook

Jul 18, 1991, 2:52:04 PM7/18/91
In article <1991Jul17.0...@ircam.fr>, fra...@ircam.fr (Joseph Francis) writes:

> I've been feeling guilty about big dicks lately; there are some
> twinkies at my gym (and when the French are Twinkie, they are really,
> really, twinkie...) with big-ole fat table-leg uncut anteater dicks...
> and I have the urge to levitate across the showerroom and teleport
> them to my bed for an evening of mutual moistness when they give me
> lust-filled 'you're quite a munchy teddybear' looks.

I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
of their dick isn't important to me.

--
mi...@autodesk.com

J.T. Kittredge

Jul 22, 1991, 10:58:06 AM7/22/91
In article <40...@d75.UUCP> sha...@shaevel.austin.ibm.com (Jeff Shaevel) writes:

>In article <10412.2...@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu>,

>I don't believe that straight men assume we want to sleep with them so
>much as their own fear of doing so develops into a paranoia of sorts.
>Even if you *aren't* attracted and never make the slightest overtures, it's
>amazing what people can read into your actions. This is more difficult to
>notice and address.

I think part of this fear comes from straight men being unused to
being the objecty of someone's sexual attentions. In our culture men
are still assigned the role of being the pursuers, and the prospect of
being the target can seem like a frightening loss of control. And
because they're used to men being pursuers, they automatically see gay
men in that role. My impression is that thoughts go through their mind
like, "if he *is* attracted to me, how do I let him know I'm not
interested? If I just act normally friendly around him, maybe he'll
think I want him to make a pass at me."

OK, maybe this is just wild speculation on my part on how the straight
mind works, but I think it's easy to underrate how much influential
all our training in sex roles can be.
Yours, JonTom

Tim Pierce

Jul 22, 1991, 2:03:42 PM7/22/91
From article <64...@autodesk.COM>, by mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook):

> In that case, you whip out a couple of beers. We all know that the only
> difference between a straight man and a bisexual is two beers.

Uh-oh! Does that mean.... I've been running on a contact high for the
last year? ... perhaps I _shouldn't_ give up drinking to lose weight
just YET, I'm simply having too much fun... oh, and say! that swarthy
Trinidadian roommate of mine is a big Corona fan! Hmmmmm, maybe I
should pick up a six-pack on the way home.... <smooch> Thanks for the
advice, Mick!

--
____ Tim Pierce \
\ / w1...@arnor.UUCP (<- mail HERE!) \ "Nobody _comes_ that way!"

Henry Mensch

Jul 23, 1991, 12:57:17 AM7/23/91
mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) wrote:
->I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
->hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
->hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
->peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
->of their dick isn't important to me.

indeed. so what's the moral of this story: "more than a mouthful is
sometimes a waste?" :)

--
# Henry Mensch / Advanced Decision Systems / <he...@ads.com>

Joseph Francis

Jul 23, 1991, 3:51:32 AM7/23/91
In article <64...@autodesk.COM> mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) writes:
>In article <1991Jul17.0...@ircam.fr>, fra...@ircam.fr (Joseph Francis) writes:
>>
>> I've been feeling guilty about big dicks lately; there are some

>I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
>hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
>hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
>peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
>of their dick isn't important to me.

I'm not at all amused by this alarming fact; it is though there is a
divine retribution for good bear taste (tasting good?). In fact, to
promote non-thin, non-gangly long-haired hippy-ish sex objects with
huge, baseball-bat cocks I am starting

ADOPT A KURD

Your help is needed in curbing the Kurdish genocide propagated by
Saddam "How a I doin'" Hussein. The murder of short, dark, very
attractive, hairy arab men goes on this very minute. Can you live with this?

DO SOMETHING

Adopt-A-Kurd. We propose to you to take in three Kurds, bathe, clothe,
and feed them until the storm has passed. You will be expected to
attend to their every baseball bat, and perform daily ablutions with
your tongue. Kurds have been hit upon, and hit upon, hard. They
require serious TLC, scented oil massages, asparagus and oysters,
water-based lubricant. You will have to steel yourself to kneading the
muscles of short muscular men who don't speak your language. Can you do it?

SUBSCRIPTION

You will receive for your membership, three Kurdish men of different
height each month. You must teach them western ways, and if they don't
like it, tough. At the end of the year, you get the bonus special of a
Cro-Magnon of your very own, to keep. This pet is short, dark, hairy,
overendowed, undemanding, and has shoulders wider than most doorways.
With each membership also comes a packet of EXXtra, the new
baseball-bat sized condoms, the usage of which was Pioneered in
Amsterdam. Each Kurd comes with a membership to Golds Gym, and you
will be expected to teach pectoral technique as well as shower
massage.

DO THE RIGHT THING

Take, take in a Kurd. It is humane, and it helps the world. Ask not
for whom the bat swings, it swings both ways...

Greg Parkinson

Jul 23, 1991, 10:30:01 AM7/23/91
In article <uixnz...@ads.com>, he...@ADS.COM (Henry Mensch) writes:
|> mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) wrote:
|> ->I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
|> ->hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
|> ->hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
|> ->peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
|> ->of their dick isn't important to me.
|>
|> indeed. so what's the moral of this story: "more than a mouthful is
|> sometimes a waste?" :)

Am I just trash? Am I the only one who has found the measurement of
volume "mouthful" to be expandable to fit the situation?

I've never been able to test it, but I have to assume my "mouthful"
stops somewhere around my stomach. I'm looking forward to the
day when I meet "more than a mouthful."

And lets not start on "buttful".......

--
Greg Parkinson (GregBear) Phone: 212-657-7814
Citibank Fax: 212-825-8607

Jim Wood

Jul 23, 1991, 9:18:24 AM7/23/91
mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) writes:

>I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
>hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
>hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
>peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
>of their dick isn't important to me.

Remember:
It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
do with it that counts!

Jim Wood [wo...@siemens.siemens.com]
Siemens Corporate Research, 755 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 734-3643

ryerson.schwark

Jul 23, 1991, 9:26:39 PM7/23/91
In article <wood.680275104@jfred> wo...@jfred.siemens.com (Jim Wood) writes:

>Remember:
> It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
> do with it that counts!

Bite your tongue! Whap! Whap! (sounds of Jim being beaten with a large
fleshy object) Size is the only thing that counts, better than reverse
polish notation calculators! None of this diversity stuff! No Touch-Feely!
Everybody line up! You wimmin too, see here's our chance to prove
we're all superior, even if we're all inferior to each other and NO
TALKING IN LINE, and of course, no comparing sizes. Only one at a
time at smashatron where we'll smish you down into two-dimensions so
we can really get a sense of depth. and remember, judge! or somebody
else will beat you to it.

This public service announcement brought to you by Ry and JoJo's
committee for the oppression of people with small wienies. Funded
in part by Gould Pumps.

Ry Schwark

Elaine Richards

Jul 23, 1991, 2:28:08 PM7/23/91
In article <1991Jul22....@HQ.Ileaf.COM> jon...@ileaf.com (JT Kittredge) writes:
>I think part of this fear comes from straight men being unused to
>being the objecty of someone's sexual attentions. In our culture men
>are still assigned the role of being the pursuers, and the prospect of
>being the target can seem like a frightening loss of control. And

It is true. They complain and complain that women don't take the
initiative and then when a woman says, "Hey babe..." they think
she is a slut, "desperate", "hard up" and a bunch of other
unfavorable adjectives. That movie "Fatal Attraction" exploits
the fear of the clinging woman and tapped a deep vein of HetMale
paranoia about women determined to get what they want.

ER

Daniel Gilly

Jul 24, 1991, 12:58:59 PM7/24/91
In article <65...@autodesk.COM> boo...@Autodesk.COM (Elaine Richards) writes:
>In article <1991Jul22....@HQ.Ileaf.COM> jon...@ileaf.com (JT Kittredge) writes:
>>I think part of this fear comes from straight men being unused to
>>being the objecty of someone's sexual attentions. In our culture men
>>are still assigned the role of being the pursuers, and the prospect of
>>being the target can seem like a frightening loss of control. And

If men could only see that being the "pursu-ee" occasionally is a compliment,
or a wonderful liberation from responsibility, but alas ...

... >It is true. They complain and complain that women don't take the

>initiative and then when a woman says, "Hey babe..." they think
>she is a slut, "desperate", "hard up" and a bunch of other
>unfavorable adjectives. That movie "Fatal Attraction" exploits
>the fear of the clinging woman and tapped a deep vein of HetMale
>paranoia about women determined to get what they want.
>
>ER

Let's not overlook some of the more liberated examples. Remember that
commercial years ago for Harvey's Bristol Creme? They had to make
*such* a big deal about how it was "downright upright" for a woman
to ask a man over for a drink. Sheesh!!
--
Daniel Gilly dan...@ora.com uunet!ora!daniel

Tim Pierce

Jul 24, 1991, 11:52:27 AM7/24/91
From article <wood.680275104@jfred>, by wo...@jfred.siemens.com (Jim Wood):

> mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) writes:
>
>>I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
>>hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
>>hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
>>peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
>>of their dick isn't important to me.
>
> Remember:
> It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
> do with it that counts!

It's not the meat, it's the motion. Did I mention Ry Schwark has a
big dick?

--
____ Tim Pierce \ "Just once, I'd like to see a bi-
\ / w1...@arnor.UUCP (<- mail HERE!) \ sexual living with his BOYfriend and

Jeff Shaevel

Jul 22, 1991, 5:26:01 PM7/22/91

Shaevel) writes:

> >I don't believe that straight men assume we want to sleep with them so
> >much as their own fear of doing so develops into a paranoia of sorts.

> I think part of this fear comes from straight men being unused to

> being the objecty of someone's sexual attentions. In our culture men
> are still assigned the role of being the pursuers, and the prospect of
> being the target can seem like a frightening loss of control.

I'll buy that. Furthermore, I wonder if there isn't some projecting going
on as well. That is, if a straight man is often thinking of ways to
get women into bed and is manipulative about it, he might assume that
men would be equally devious with them. Perhaps they are afraid that we
will treat them the way they treat women! Talk about frightening! :-)

Rod Williams

Jul 24, 1991, 5:32:33 PM7/24/91
> wo...@jfred.siemens.com (Jim Wood) goes quantity surveying:
>> mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook), privately partial:

>>I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
>>hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
>>hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
>>peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
>>of their dick isn't important to me.

>Remember:
> It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
> do with it that counts!

As the song says: It ain't the meat, it's the motion.
R O D W I L L I A M S P A C I F I C * B E L L
S A N F R A N C I S C O , C A L I F O R N I A

Jasper May

Jul 24, 1991, 6:50:09 PM7/24/91
[gregbear (sorry deleted citibank stuff) <sob>] growls

> I've never been able to test it, but I have to assume my "mouthful"
> stops somewhere around my stomach. I'm looking forward to the
> day when I meet "more than a mouthful."
> And lets not start on "buttful".......

...that stops somewhere around your tongue for example ? :-)

Jasper.

--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not

Joseph Francis

Jul 25, 1991, 5:03:43 AM7/25/91
In article <65...@pbhyd.PacBell.COM> rjw...@PacBell.COM (Rod Williams) writes:
>> wo...@jfred.siemens.com (Jim Wood) goes quantity surveying:
>>> mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook), privately partial:
>
>>>I'm amused by how often these "twinks," these thin, gangly long-haired
>>>hippy-ish non-sex objects have huge, baseball-bat cocks, while the buff,
>>>hairy, dark lust-pant-drool-objectify-me-you-bastard studs have teeny-weeny
>>>peenies. But as I've said before, if everything else sizzles, the size
>>>of their dick isn't important to me.
>
>>Remember:
>> It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
>> do with it that counts!
>
>As the song says: It ain't the meat, it's the motion.

The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

Greg Parkinson

Jul 25, 1991, 10:18:23 AM7/25/91
In article <1991Jul24....@ibmpcug.co.uk>, jas...@ibmpcug.co.uk (Jasper May) writes:
|> [gregbear (sorry deleted citibank stuff) <sob>] growls
|>
|> > I've never been able to test it, but I have to assume my "mouthful"
|> > stops somewhere around my stomach. I'm looking forward to the
|> > day when I meet "more than a mouthful."
|> > And lets not start on "buttful".......
|>
|> ...that stops somewhere around your tongue for example ? :-)

Have we met?

Jeff Dauber

Jul 25, 1991, 11:09:56 AM7/25/91
In article <1991Jul25....@ircam.fr> fra...@ircam.fr (Joseph Francis) writes:
>In article <65...@pbhyd.PacBell.COM> rjw...@PacBell.COM (Rod Williams) writes:
>>>Remember:
>>> It's not the size that counts, it's what you can
>>> do with it that counts!
>>
>>As the song says: It ain't the meat, it's the motion.
>
>The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

You know what I mean....
The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
you know what I mean....

Jeff
-FWA

Bob Donahue

Jul 25, 1991, 12:51:46 PM7/25/91
dau...@flush.Eng.Sun.COM (Jeff Dauber) writes:
>>The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

! You know what I mean....
! The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
! you know what I mean....

Talk about mud flaps....

Mike Hennahane

Jul 25, 1991, 5:36:59 PM7/25/91
dau...@flush.Eng.Sun.COM (Jeff Dauber) writes:

sigh. ok. (i can't believe i'm doing this, but i can't help it...
help. stop me before i 'tap' again!)

"my baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo,"
"i like to sink her with my pink torpedo..."

--mike

George Dalton Madison

Jul 26, 1991, 12:34:13 AM7/26/91
FWA writes:

>Le Jojo writes:
>>The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.
>You know what I mean....
>The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
>you know what I mean....

Big Bottom! Big Bottom!
Talk about *MUD**FLAPS*, my [guy's] got 'em!

Big Bottom, drive me out of my mind;
How could I leave this behind!

() Honesty in politics is much like oxygen.
() The higher up you go, the scarcer it becomes.
-----
[George D. Madison, a/k/a Furr | 8-{)##] | NBCS:B8f+t+w-e+s+k+a!cv PIG 8/7]
[>fu...@cup.portal.com <][> It's a BEAR thing -- you wouldn't understand. <]

Joshua Geller

Jul 25, 1991, 11:31:14 PM7/25/91
mi...@Autodesk.COM (Mick Washbrook) writes:

|>You know, I'm the kind of self-less, altruistic person who could really
|>get into this. There are also thousands of Iraqi Presidential elite guards
|>who need to be shown the warm hospitality of the West to turn their
|>thoughts from their militaristic ways (but they get to keep their
|>uniforms, ok?). I told them on soc.culture.arabic that I was ready
|>to embrace my Arab brethren, but all I got was an embarrassed silence
|>from them. Sniff.

you *DID*???

*giggle*

josh