Crickets?

1 view

Lars Lehtonen

Feb 23, 2020, 8:08:04 PM2/23/20
I'm on the lookout for prime-but-empty USENET real estate to stage a
revival, mostly via the Fediverse.

This ng looks thoroughly disused, yes?

---
Lars Lehtonen

Conceited Jerk

Mar 2, 2020, 4:21:20 PM3/2/20
How so? I'm curious...

lars

Mar 6, 2020, 6:08:04 AM3/6/20
Conceited Jerk <c...@aaarghcjsbikeworks.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 16:28:05 -0800, Lars Lehtonen wrote:
>> I'm on the lookout for prime-but-empty USENET real estate to stage a
>> revival, mostly via the Fediverse.

> How so? I'm curious...

I want someplace to point people whenever they lament the "passage" of
USENET. There's positive energy in the Activitypub-federated social
media sites running Mastodon and Pleroma, but it's a crap way to have
real, threaded discussions.

---
Lars Lehtonen

Conceited Jerk

Mar 6, 2020, 7:47:15 PM3/6/20
On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 02:49:34 -0800, lars wrote:

> I want someplace to point people whenever they lament the "passage" of
> USENET. There's positive energy in the Activitypub-federated social
> media sites running Mastodon and Pleroma, but it's a crap way to have
> real, threaded discussions.

Agreed, as much as I love Mastodon and the rest of the Fediverse, they
are lacking when it comes to longform threaded discourse.

I re-read your other posts and get the logic behind your idea, although
it would really need substantial buy-in from the other Usenet denizens...
but Hell, I'm game.

-CJ/sparcipx