Nurses are angry.

10 views
Skip to first unread message

a322x1n

unread,
Oct 11, 2021, 11:55:04 PM10/11/21
to
<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/treat-us-better-nurses-flee-hospi
tal-jobs-because-working-conditions-aren-t-safe/ar-AAPn1ya?ocid=msedgdhp&
pc=U531>

<https://tinyurl.com/35e3nb9f>

'Treat us better': Nurses flee hospital jobs because working conditions
aren't safe. Bonnie Castillo, 17 hrs ago.

Listening to hospital executives lament the "nursing shortage" is beyond
infuriating.

Nurses know the United States is not feeling a true nursing shortage,
only a shortage of nurses willing to risk their licenses or their
patients’ lives by working in unsafe conditions.

Except for a few states, plenty of registered nurses are available to
meet this country’s needs, according to a 2017 U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services report on the supply and demand of the nursing
workforce from 2014 to 2030.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each
morning.

Some states will even have too many. But when hospitals understaff units
and shifts to maximize profits – leaving nurses with morally distressing
choices about how to allocate care – it’s no surprise many of us make
the difficult decision to leave.

“The hospital keeps saying, ‘We appreciate you,’ but we are not seeing
any action,” said Maggie Webb, a registered nurse at the University of
Chicago Medical Center's pediatric intensive care unit.

Opinions in your inbox: Get a digest of our takes on current events
every morning.

She will lose half a dozen colleagues in the coming weeks, as poor
working conditions drive nurses away.

“We are basically being told to just grin and bear it, and hope for the
best – and hopefully nothing bad happens to our patients," Webb said.
"That’s not fair to them. This is our livelihood, this is our lives, and
we are putting our nursing licenses at risk because of staffing.”

Bare-bones staffing even before COVID.
Long before the pandemic, hospitals staffed at bare-bone levels to
maximize profit, rather than at the level needed to safely care for
patients and the severity of their conditions.

The pandemic took the unsafe staffing to nightmare levels.

In late August, registered nurses in the emergency department at
Northside Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida, reported shifts with more
than 20 patients assigned to one staff nurse and one charge nurse (who
should be a resource, not have a full patient load).

“We sometimes have patients overflowing the lobby, waiting ridiculous
hours to be triaged, examined and treated. But we have to fight every
step of the way to get the hospital to staff up for these patients,”
said Mawata Kamara, an emergency department registered nurse at San
Leandro Hospital in San Leandro, California.

COVID and erectile dysfunction: Here's another good reason for men to
get vaccinated.

Employers often act like nurses are interchangeable cogs, regardless of
our area of expertise. At Research Medical Center in Kansas City,
Missouri, medical/surgical nurses report being overwhelmed with six
patients at once, some of them too critical for that unit.

“A lot of these patients, we don't have the expertise to care for on my
floor, let alone when they're one of six patients,” said research RN
Zoe Schmidt. “It has happened multiple times that nurses, and even
doctors, have expressed concern about patients needing a higher level of
care than my unit, only to be told by the house supervisor that there's
no open beds anywhere else.”

Since Day One of COVID-19, nurses have told our managers to prepare for
predictable staffing needs, including hiring and training more nurses,
and cross training nurses to work in critical care departments. They
didn’t listen.

Our employers play games with their available staffing pool to slash
labor costs – including sending nurses home who have reported for their
shifts, canceling nurses who are scheduled to work on a daily contract
basis, laying off staff from units with a temporarily low patient
census, canceling traveling nurse contracts, and failing or being
extremely slow to hire for open positions.

In states where it’s still allowed, our employers also impose mandatory
overtime on nurses.

Nurses faced with impossible choices
When employers force us to make impossible choices between patients,
during 12-hour shifts with no time to eat or use the bathroom, is it any
wonder nurses leave?

We have a simple, effective solution for encouraging nurses to return to
providing the direct patient care we desperately need during this
pandemic: Treat us better!

Ensure safe working conditions, including enough staff on every shift,
and implement all the measures of infection control that we need to
protect ourselves and our patients.

Meanwhile, don’t pretend the staffing crisis was inevitable or
unavoidable due to COVID-19. Hospitals manufactured this crisis.

Bonnie Castillo, a registered nurse, is executive director of National
Nurses United, the largest union of registered nurses in the United
States, with more than 175,000 members.

You can read diverse opinions from our Board of Contributors and other
writers on the Opinion front page, on Twitter @usatodayopinion and in
our daily Opinion newsletter. To respond to a column, submit a comment
to let...@usatoday.com.

Marc Murphy, USA TODAY Network.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: 'Treat us better': Nurses
flee hospital jobs because working conditions aren't safe.

Marcus Aurelius

unread,
Oct 12, 2021, 1:21:25 PM10/12/21
to
Excellent original article. The health care industry is responsible for the nursing shortage because of
it's failure to provide for reasonable conditions for work for nurses, the failure to provide reasonable job security, for not banning the harassment of nurses
by families and some staff, for not providing for long term job advancement and growth and other factors. It will take Federal legislation to correct these inequities, in my opinion. Otherwise the decline in both the quantity and quality of nursing care will continue. It is, also, my opinion that affirmative action policies in the health care industry in general, inclusive of nursing, also, have a highly deleterious effect on both the quality and quantity of health care provided. My general advice is: 1.Be Happy! If you are in nursing, get out of nursing; 2. Be Happy! If you are not in nursing, stay out of nursing.

Michael Christ

unread,
Oct 12, 2021, 7:53:44 PM10/12/21
to
On 13/10/2021 7:22 am, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff
>

Thank God He gives people options. To tell you the truth, I shudder
when I have to go into hospitals now, you can be lucky, and very very
unlucky, believe you me!




Michael Christ

--
Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory".

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything".

"Sin is not what you do, it is what you are".

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God".

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination".

"Compromise will condemn you".

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus".

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all".

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life".

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything".

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying 'prove it' [as a foundation] is merely a straw man, to a straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "The don't believe and put their faith in the [any] truth.
So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

SevenOverSix

unread,
Oct 13, 2021, 12:28:33 AM10/13/21
to
On 10/12/21 4:22 PM, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff

Well then heal thyself, amateur :-)

Darwin will deal with you.

tesla sTinker

unread,
Oct 13, 2021, 1:25:41 PM10/13/21
to


On 10/12/2021 1:22 PM, Kurt Nicklas scribbled:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff

God forewarned those of His, that in the end times,
many would die. He did not say how. Pet coke toxin
is a very bad issue, and is ignored for people have
been dying from it now for a very long long time,
and only recently, did they dream up a bird flu topic
label for it. Using the word Crown, as in Crown of Christ.

The only answer is to stop the use of it.
Make Koch Brothers and the oil cartel pay for 911.
And make sure, they are put behind bars for murder 1
with all their buddies, including Bill Gates.

If they issue a vaccine to someone that has pet coke toxin,
it will induce a heart attack. And most people have it today,
because of all the issues against it, and it being transported
everywhere, in mega tons. Most of it, uncovered. It is also way
worse than coal.

Lets see, what would be the cheapest way out for them?
To fool the public into making them think, its a virus.



Michael Christ

unread,
Nov 1, 2021, 6:26:10 PM11/1/21
to
On 2/11/2021 7:57 am, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff

That is true, but everything has a purpose.  Unless you can sort out a
comminuted fracture of the right tibia and left arm hanging off in an
ambulance rollover on the way to the hospital post a shark attack while
you were surfing.
The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator. So

Michael Christ

unread,
Nov 10, 2021, 2:28:00 AM11/10/21
to
On 10/11/2021 1:11 pm, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff
>

God still uses doctors though, like He uses plumbers.





Michael Christ

--
Jesus is the Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Michael Christ

unread,
Nov 29, 2021, 2:50:28 AM11/29/21
to
On 29/11/2021 3:11 pm, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff
>

Everything has purpose, though. Break a leg, get shot, get smashed up
in a car accident, remove a tumour, etc,. etc, and you need doctor to
fix ya.

God works in many many ways.

Which of you will have a sheep fall into a ditch and not go and pull it out?





Michael Chrwistr
"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

Michael Christ

unread,
Jan 17, 2022, 5:16:35 PMJan 17
to
On 18/01/2022 3:41 am, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.

Life and death is in His hands.

And you either trust Him or you don'.

> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff

Fallen human beings use other fallen human beings for their own ends.
That is just the cold hard reality.

If I don't see an advantage in knowing you, then get lost. That is the
condition.





Michael Christ

--
Jesus is the Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Michael Christ

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 6:24:46 PMJan 25
to
On 26/01/2022 10:16 am, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> Michael Christ wrote
>
>> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
>> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
>> who have been serving their whole lives.
>>
>> So, yeah.
>
> We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
>
> Doctors cost money and are a ripoff

Everything has its place.

Doctoring didn't invent doctoring, God did.

Why can't one human being care for another human being?

Michael Christ

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 6:26:17 PMJan 25
to

El Kabong

unread,
Jan 25, 2022, 7:42:24 PMJan 25
to
Michael Christ <jesusisth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/01/2022 10:16 am, Kurt Nicklas wrote:
> > Michael Christ wrote
> >
> >> Well, we were being praised for our front line sacrifice last year, and
> >> now we are told to fuck off if you don't get the vax, including nurses
> >> who have been serving their whole lives.
> >>
> >> So, yeah.
> >
> > We don't need medical professionals with their science shit when we have God.
> >
> > Doctors cost money and are a ripoff
>
>
> Everything has its place.
>
> Doctoring didn't invent doctoring, God did.

No, gods invented disease. Humans invented medicine.

> Why can't one human being care for another human being?

Your anti-vax superstition doesn't give you the right to
spread disease.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages