Now that BBQ season has arrived

1 view

MCP

Jul 29, 2005, 3:32:26 AM7/29/05
http://www.harrysnews.com/pghumor.htm

Now that BBQ season has arrived, it is perhaps a good idea to remind one and all of the tremendous significance of barbecues in
the fabric of society and why men have barbecued meat from the dawn of civilization.

BBQ - It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
into motion:

1) The woman buys the food.
2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it
to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand.

> > Here comes the important part ....

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he
deals with the situation.

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no
pleasing some women!

--
Men are everywhere that matters!

Heidi Graw

Jul 29, 2005, 4:10:07 AM7/29/05
LOL...Man, can I relate to that! Thanks for posting it, MCP. ;-)

Take note of my comments that I interspersed into the post:

>"MCP" <gf010...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> http://www.harrysnews.com/pghumor.htm
>
> Now that BBQ season has arrived, it is perhaps a good idea to remind one
> and all of the tremendous significance of barbecues in
> the fabric of society and why men have barbecued meat from the dawn of
> civilization.
>
> BBQ - It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man
> volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain >of events are put
> into motion:
>
> 1) The woman buys the food.

...and hubby kindly agreed to come along to do the shopping. He drives the
vehicle. And since we go to the Canadian Superstore, he does the packing as
the groceries are being pushed through the cashier's conveyor. Hubby then
lugs those heavy boxes around for me. He carries the boxes to the car, and
later, from the car into the house and onto the kitchen counter. In the
meantime, while he is physically exerting himself, I admire his muscles.
;-)

> 2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.

...and hubby asks if he can help. I tell him, "No...that's fine, dear. I
have everything under control."

> 3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with
> the necessary cooking utensils and >sauces, and takes it to the man who is
> lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand.

In the meantime, hubby is busy cleaning and scrubbing the grill. He
preheats it. Then he comes into the kitchen to grab a beer and the tray. I
open the screen door for him 'cause both hands of his are full. Beer in one
hand, tray in another, the utensils placed between his teeth. ;-)

>> > Here comes the important part ....
>
> 4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

Oooh...and he does it so skillfully! He only just recently replaced the
burners. He insists the grilling has to be done evenly!

> 5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
> 6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.

Na...hubby is very attentive. He doesn't care much for charcoal burnt
steaks. His idea of grilling beef is to clip its hoofs, wipe its ass, and
wave it briefly over the flames. A real man eats his steak blue rare. ;-)

>He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he
> deals with the situation.

Na...when he thinks its safe to leave the grill, he comes in to grab that
beer himself. "I can get it myself," he claims.

> 7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

Perfect! Blue for him, rare for the boys, and medium for me.

> 8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces,
> and brings them to the table.

Already done....just waiting for hubby to come in with the tray.

> 9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

While hubby decides he better check the oil, transmission fluid, and water
levels in my car.

> 10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.

And hubby appreciates the salads, but passes on the dessert. He gets
himself another beer.

> 11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon
> seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some
> women!

Not my man! He gets kudos for doing an admirable job at the grill. I get
kudos for the rest of the stuff. ;-)

Heidi

Mr. F. Le Mur

Jul 29, 2005, 9:54:25 AM7/29/05
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:32:26 GMT, "MCP" <gf010...@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:

>http://www.harrysnews.com/pghumor.htm
>
>Now that BBQ season has arrived, it is perhaps a good idea to remind one and all of the tremendous significance of barbecues in
>the fabric of society and why men have barbecued meat from the dawn of civilization.
>
>BBQ - It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
>into motion:
>
>1) The woman buys the food.
>2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
>3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it
>to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand.

Check, check, check...except a homemade chocolate shake
instead of a beer.

>> > Here comes the important part ....
>
>4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
>
>5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

Check, check.

>6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he
>deals with the situation.

I figured out it was burning *all by myself!*

>7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
>
>8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
>9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
>10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.

Check, check, check, check.

>11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no
>pleasing some women!

No cigar there...

"Thanks, Honey"
"For what?"
"Cooking."
"You did most of the cooking, all I did was play with fire."