Re: Contract Cataloging

Message has been deleted

Joel Olson

Mar 21, 2011, 10:52:00 AM3/21/11
"Mickael Akerfeldt" <davids...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:23052888-b1e7-4b82...@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com...
>I am a public librarian and we are looking to outsource our cataloging
>needs. We had worked with OCLC TechPro in the past but were discouraged
>with the low-quality work. Has anyone had experience with Library
>Cataloging Solutions?
>
> http://www.librarycatalogingsolutions.com/
>
> Mickael Akerfeldt
> Head of Technical Services

You wouldn't perhaps be a Republican?

herm...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2012, 7:48:32 PM3/24/12
Report not abuse
On Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, Mickael Akerfeldt wrote:
> I am a public librarian and we are looking to outsource our cataloging needs. We had worked with OCLC TechPro in the past but were discouraged with the low-quality work. Has anyone had experience with Library Cataloging Solutions?
>
> http://www.librarycatalogingsolutions.com/
>
> Mickael Akerfeldt
> Head of Technical Services

I'd suggest staying from them. The company is run by former OCLC employees who were laid off. Stick with Donohoe or Backstage for higher quality cataloging AND lower prices. No way we would send thousands of dollars of our books to a company that is apparently run out of a garage.

Hunter Eck

May 2, 2012, 7:42:09 PM5/2/12
Report not abuse
On Mar 24, 6:48 pm, hermd...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:50:52 PM UTC-4, Mickael Akerfeldt wrote:
> > I am a public librarian and we are looking to outsource ourcatalogingneeds. We had worked with OCLC TechPro in the past but were discouraged with the low-quality work. Has anyone had experience withLibraryCatalogingSolutions?
>
> >http://www.librarycatalogingsolutions.com/
>
> > Mickael Akerfeldt
> > Head of Technical Services
>
> I'd suggest staying from them. The company is run by former OCLC employees who were laid off. Stick with Donohoe or Backstage for higher qualitycatalogingAND lower prices. No way we would send thousands of dollars of our books to a company that is apparently run out of a garage.

Dear Mickael,

I am Hunter Eck, Administrative Cataloging Manager and co-founder of
Library Cataloging Solutions. Your question was whether anyone had
experience with Library Cataloging Solutions. I assume the poster who
replied has not used our services, because I do not know of any of our
current or former customers who would write such an answer; it was
rather insulting. We have had several customers who have sent
"thousands of dollars" of their materials to us, and those materials
were cataloged with very high quality and at prices that are probably
the most competitive for the materials involved. And they were
cataloged in our offices, not "out of a garage."

If you would like more information about our company, please feel free
to visit our website and contact us at your convenience; we have
additional information that we can send you. We have created several
unique quality control measures that we write into our cataloging
agreements and employ with all of our customers. We also have
stringent shipping and handling procedures that assure the safety and
protection of our customers' materials. We would be happy to share
more details about our company, our quality control measures, and our
shipping procedures at your request.

Because we were formerly employed in libraries ourselves, we
understand that libraries want to make sure they are getting the best
quality they can as well as reasonable prices. We offer free test
projects to allow potential customers to evaluate us, and if potential
customers are still interested after the free trial, we suggest a
small project to allow the customer to further evaluate us and see how
we operate. If the customer is happy with the small project, we can
then progress to a larger project. We try to ensure there is as
little risk to the potential customer as possible.

We are regularly updating our website, and we will be posting more
information about our services and our prices in the next couple of
weeks. We will also be exhibiting at the 2012 ALA Annual Conference
at booth 431 and would love to meet and talk with you there if you
will be attending.

Cordially,
Hunter Eck