Drag Queen Storytime for kids at the library -- What in the name of Captain Kangaroo is going on?

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jul 26, 2017, 1:54:59 PM7/26/17
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/25/drag-queen-storytime-for-kids-
at-library-what-in-name-captain-kangaroo-is-going-on.html

Public libraries across the fruited plain are inviting drag queens to read
story books to small children -- leading some folks to wonder what in the
name of Captain Kangaroo is going on?

A trio of drag queens, decked out in full regalia, recently held court at
the Indianapolis Central Library -- gabbing about superheroes and cookies.

"Some parents choose to expose their children to religion, some parents
choose to expose their children to culture, the arts," parent Heather Pugh
told USA Today. "I'm working to teach my children to be open-minded,
loving, accepting people."

And that's the point of Drag Queen Storytime -- indoctrination.

"I want kids to experience just the fun of being around drag queens, the
creativity, their style, their expression of their individuality," said
Stephen Lane.

Mr. Lane is the library's point man for planning programs for children,
USA Today reports.

The Brooklyn Public Library held a similar event in May -- funded by our
tax dollars. Get a load of how the library promoted the event:

"What do drag queens and children have in common? They love dressing up
and all things sparkly and fancy! Drag Queen Story Hour captures the
imagination and play of the gender fluidity in childhood and gives kids
glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models."

A library spokesperson for the Indianapolis library told me there is
nothing wrong with teaching small kids about gender fluidity.

"Young children often exhibit gender fluidity in their play, and Drag
Queen Story Hour reinforces for them that there is nothing wrong with
that," the spokesperson said in a written statement to my new radio show
“The Todd Starnes Show”

Who knew that's what the toddlers were talking about around the sippy cups
these days?

To be fair, the Brooklyn library said the response to what they call Drag
Queen Story Hour has been overwhelmingly positive.

"Many of the parents who choose to bring their families to Drag Queen
Story Hour do so because they would like their children to learn to love
and accept themselves, and other people, as they are," the spokesperson
told me.

So in the spirit of tolerance and acceptance, I asked the Brooklyn Public
Library if they would ever allow ministers to dress up in clerical garb
and read Bible stories to the children.

Let's just say the library's tolerance and acceptance does not extend to
those people with religious beliefs.

However, they said they would be glad to let a religious leader reserve a
community room to conduct a story hour. And by community room, I suspect
they mean a closet.

Welcome to the 21st century, America -- where childhood traditions have
been upended to appease the sex and gender revolutionaries.

That being said - don't be surprised if Jack dresses like Jill or if the
Old Lady in the Shoe has a beard and wears size 13 pumps. And whatever you
do - don't ask what the three men in a tub are doing.

Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary. His latest book is “The
Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again.” Follow him on Twitter
@ToddStarnes and find him on Facebook.

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.