Modern science comparable with medieval theology

z@z

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
The state of modern science (theology) is in several respects similar
to its state at the beginning of the 17th century.

1) In PHYSICS and ASTRONOMY, it is the Lorentz transformation which
plays today the role of the circle in the old astronomy. Even Galilei,
the so-called founder of "modern science", adhered to the principle of
epicycles and fought the essentially new astronomy of Kepler which was
based on modern physical laws.

Many of the so-called 'elementary particles' such as virtual photons,
quarks, gluons, gravitons and others have no more reality than medieval
angels, devils and gods.

2) In BIOLOGY, panpsychism (also advocated by Kepler) still today waits
for being generally acknowledged as a much better and more consistent
basis for explaning living organisms than (materialistic) reductionism.

3) To the WITCH-HUNTING of the 17th century corresponds the AIDS-HYSTERIA
of today. (Without Kepler's intervention, even his mother would have
been tortured and killed for the sake of her own soul or of mankind.)

Antibodies to a harmless retrovirus correspond nowadays to the devil
birthmarks and signs having singled out witches from 'healthy' persons.

Most convincing arguments against the HIV-AIDS thesis:

Only a fraction of a microgram of HIV can be found in 'infected'
people. It is highly unlikely that such a small quantity can have
a negative effect. Panic, fear and antiviral drugs however have
very concrete negative effects on the immune system.

The probability that two (fatal) viruses as different as HIV-1 and HIV-2
(a close relative of SIV) began to spread in mankind exactly at the time
when the technology to detect such viruses was developed is extremely
small.

Past predictions based on the HIV-AIDS thesis have been refuted by
reality the better, the better the data is.

Wolfgang Gottfried G.

Physics without Lorentz-transformation:
http://members.lol.li/twostone/E/physics1.html

Panpsychistic evolution:
http://members.lol.li/twostone/E/psychon.html

Further logically consistent information about HIV-AIDS:
http://members.lol.li/twostone/E/aids3a.html

Two excerpts:

"There are many different reasons which can lead to a breakdown
of the immune system. For instance the immune system of animals
not allowed to sleep breaks down. Extreme stress, malnutrition and
too many opportunistic or chronic infections also can lead to a
breakdown of the immune system.

And there are many very different diseases resulting from a broken
down immune system. But if HIV antibodies can be found or their
existence is assumed, then all the many resulting combinations (of
reasons for immune system breakdown and resulting diseases) are
treated as a single syndrom. Why?"

"Already some months ago, after having dealt intensively with
HIV and AIDS, I decided to infect myself with HIV, as soon as
this can have a positive effect. It would make sense to infect
many respected persons (e.g. scientists, showmen, politicians,
sportsmen and so on) with HIV in order to remove the social
stigma 'HIV positive'."

This message did not show up in deja.com (therefore the reposting)

My following contributions to the thread:
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=625886119
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=627146806
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=628287529

Robert J. Kolker

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

"z@z" wrote:

> 2) In BIOLOGY, panpsychism (also advocated by Kepler) still today waits
> for being generally acknowledged as a much better and more consistent
> basis for explaning living organisms than (materialistic) reductionism.

Two cheers for Reductionism. This approach, warts and defects and all, has
provided more insight into and control over Nature than any alternative
program. The Materialist approach has produced anti-biotics and effective
treatment for so-called mental conditions such as depression. Thousands of
lives have been saved or made more comfortable by this crass materialism.

Advocates of Mind have no evidence nor any solid accomplishments that
can match the track record of Materialist Reductionism.

Bob Kolker