Materials on religion in Vietnam?

Dai Uy

Oct 12, 2003, 8:14:25 AM10/12/03

http://hrw.org/reports/2002/vietnam/

http://www.uscirf.gov/reports/02May03/vietnam.php3?scale=1024

> 2. Is it true that when you talk about freedom of religion in
> vietnam today, it is a gray area (not so black and white)? I mean,
> normally human rights organizations would criticize what they call
> the state's suppression towards religious practice in Vietnam. But
> in the case of those people against the state, they too have their
> own agenda?

It's pretty clear-cut. All objective reports indicate that
Catholics, Buddhists of all sects, and particularly Montagnard
evangelical Protestants, face increasing persecution.
-----
[Moderator Note: All SHWV messages, FAQs And related files are archived at
http://www.vwip.org/vwiphome.html. The posting of an article
by the moderators of SHWV only indicates the article is within the Charter
and does not imply agreement with, nor the correctness of, the article.]

The e-mail submission address for SHWV is Vietnam...@newsguy.com.