Ken Cuccinelli vows federal government will 'bring consequences' to those destroying statues

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jul 4, 2020, 1:25:58 PM7/4/20
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ken-cuccinelli-consequences-statues-
monuments

Acting Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Ken Cuccinelli warned on
Saturday that the federal government would not take recent vandalism
"lying down."

Fox News host Neil Cavuto had asked Cuccinelli about attempts to take down
the statue of former President Andrew Jackson located in Lafayette Square
in Washington, D.C.

"We are going to be aggressive and forward-leaning in prosecuting people
who are breaking the law, creating violence, trying to destroy federal
property and destroy our history along with it," he said.

"There are hundreds of other investigations running right now, Neil, from
all across the country. So people should know that this is not something
that their federal government is going to take lying down. We're going to
reestablish peace, and we're going to bring consequences to those who
violate the law."

FEDS ARREST 'RINGLEADER' IN ATTACK ON ANDREW JACKSON STATUE BY WHITE HOUSE

Cuccinelli's comments came just days after authorities arrested Jason
Charter, the alleged ring leader behind the effort to take down the statue
of Jackson on June 22. According to the FBI's criminal complaint, Charter
was seen standing over the statue, and pouring an "unknown liquid" onto
it.

滴e is then observed waving others away from the statue, and squatting
down behind the statue where his hands are not visible. Seconds later, the
statue catches fire. Charter is seen standing over the flames as it
burns," the complaint read.

That incident was just one of many sweeping the nation as violent protests
broke out after George Floyd's death. Some have defended the idea that
statues should be removed. For example, former Defense Secretary Robert
Gates proposed placing Confederate statues in museums, rather than
"celebrating" them in the public square.

President Trump has responded to the vandalism by signing an executive
order focused on protecting American monuments, memorials, and statues.

HOMELAND SECURITY TO PROTECT MONUMENTS OF FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND

For Independence Day, Cuccinelli said that his department would be ready
to confront any violence that took place during celebrations.

"So, for all the monuments on federal property, we have primary
responsibility if they're not in a park where it's [the] National Park
Service, and we've been teaming up with them even in front of the White
House," he said.

"We've actually had some violence overnight in Portland where some of our
CBP [Customs and Border Protection] agents were forward deployed with
local officials. That was handled effectively. And we're ready for that
anywhere in the country. We have Go Teams deployed that can be anywhere in
a matter of hours in the continental 48 [states], and we also are forward
deployed to some of the areas where we have a greater concern for the
potential for violence. And, obviously, this is to maintain peace and keep
Americans safe in addition to our history."

Earlier this week, the Homeland Security Department (DHS) announced a new
task force dedicated to protecting American monuments.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf said he "directed the deployment and pre-
positioning of Rapid Deployment Teams (RDT) across the country to respond
to potential threats to facilities and property."

展hile the Department respects every American痴 right to protest
peacefully, violence and civil unrest will not be tolerated," he added.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."