Re: OT - Ping Solomon W - Jordan River

a425couple

May 12, 2022, 4:10:39 PMMay 12
On 4/14/2022 6:09 PM, SolomonW wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:32:51 -0700, The Horny Goat wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:23:12 +1000, SolomonW <Solo...@citi.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Did not impress me much.

>>> Its high on my todo list.
>>
>> Is that the river or the country?
>
> Ah, the river, if you have not seen it, it will be a terrible
> disappointment when you do now. Most of the water is drained out now for
> agriculture.

It looks very lovely and like paradise when
it springs out of the Golan Heights.
The Tel Dan Nature Reserve seems wonderful.

Tel Dan Nature Reserve
Search Google Maps
34,627 photos
Tel Dan Nature Reserve

I think Syria seriously screwed their own pouch
when they used / abused the Israeli give back
of land and went to war too many times.
I served in the USMC. I would not be fond of
having to attack enemy dug in on that high ground.
Screw it, Syria, YOU LOST IT!!!

And when the River flows from the Sea of Galilee
it is still OK.

But down towards the Dead Sea, only occasionally
damp ground.
When we crossed at
King Hussein Bridge Border Crossing
3.1