demands for UK Home Office be ABOLISHED as fury over soaring migration grows

a425couple

Nov 28, 2023, 6:35:41 PM11/28/23
from
https://www.gbnews.com/politics/richard-tice-home-office-abolished-migrant-crisis

Richard Tice demands Home Office be ABOLISHED as fury over soaring
migration grows
​Richard Tice
Richard Tice has called for the UK Government to abolish the Home
Office, amid mounting fury over the escalating migrant crisis PA
Millie Cooke
By Millie Cooke
Published: 24/11/2023 - 16:07Updated: 24/11/2023 - 16:48
Yesterday, figures from the Office for National Statistics showed that
net migration hit a record 745,000 last year
Richard Tice has called for the UK Government to abolish the Home
Office, amid mounting fury over the escalating migrant crisis.

He said it is "not fit for purpose", calling for it to be "put in the bin".

The comments come in the wake of the latest net migration figures from
the Office for National Statistics, which showed that net migration hit
a record 745,000 in the year ending December 2022.

The figures also revealed that net migration stood at 672,000 to June
2023, an increase from 607,000 for the same period one year before.

WATCH: Richard Tice takes aim at legal migration numbers

Speaking to the Telegraph, Tice said: “We need a whole new Department of
Immigration.

"The Home Office is not fit for purpose. It needs to be, frankly, just
put in the bin.

“Just start again with a new Department of Immigration, staffed by
people who believe in the cause of sovereign independence. That is
critical.”

LATEST
Sturgeon accused of 'hijacking devolution' as she 'pretended to be PM of
independent state'
Hague urges Sunak to send migrants to another country as he demands
Rwanda plan B
Yesterday's figures sparked fury from within the Conservative Party,
with a group of MPs admitting that the party is facing an "existential"
threat at the next election as a result of the crisis.

In a statement published after the figures were released, the New
Conservative Group of MPs - led by MPs Miriam Cates and Danny Kruger -
said: "At the last election, every Conservative MP was elected on a
solemn promise to reduce net migration, which in 2019 stood at 229,000
per year.

"Since then, in poll after poll, the public has made clear that they are
prepared to support tough measures to clamp down on overall migration
numbers: legal and illegal".

The group accused the Government of "largely ignoring" measures they
have proposed, saying: "Many on our benches have warned that we were
failing to make adequate progress on our promise".

Taking a direct swipe at Sunak, the group said: "Today, we see the
result of these conscious decisions by Government. Net migration has not
only failed to fall since 2019, it has trebled. A million new people
from abroad were added to the UK population last year. Across every
single category of immigration, numbers are on the rise.

"We cannot blame exceptional circumstances, this is a constant trend. It
has been caused directly by the policy decisions of this Government. And
it has gone on for far too long."

The statement adds: "The word 'existential' has been used a lot in
recent days but this really is 'do or die' for our party. Each of us
made a promise to the electorate. we don't believe that such promises
can be ignored.

"The Government must propose, today, a comprehensive package of measures
to meet the manifesto promise by the time of the next election."

MP Jonathan Gullis, a member of the New Conservatives, described the
figures as being "completely unacceptable to the majority of the British
people", demanding "drastic action now to bring legal migration down, as
well as stopping the boats".

He told GB News: “The Prime Minister and Home Secretary should look at
the ideas of the New Conservatives in order to get these numbers down
quickly.

Meanwhile, Tory MP Phillip Davies told GB News: "The net migration
figures are far far too high.

"We do not have the infrastructure to cope and we certainly don’t have
the housing stock to accommodate it. It is absolutely essential these
numbers come down substantially as a matter of priority."

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

Braverman blasts soaring migration and accuses Sunak of BLOCKING plan to
curb numbers
'An appalling legacy!' Mordaunt launches FURIOUS tirade against SNP for
'bile fuelled rants'
Tories admit they risk being WIPED OUT at next election and demand
urgent migration plan
Suella Braverman
Former Home Secretary Suella Braverman described the latest figures as a
"slap in the face to the British public", saying: "enough is enough"PA
Former Home Secretary Suella Braverman described the latest figures as a
"slap in the face to the British public", saying: "enough is enough".

The former Home Secretary, who was sacked earlier this month, suggested
Rishi Sunak had blocked measures to prevent migration, which she claimed
she had been "pushing for" when she was in the Home Office.

Braverman claimed she pushed for an annual cap on net migration; an
increase to the salary threshold, taking it to £45,000; the closure of
the graduate visa route; a cap on the number of health and social care
visas; and limits on the number of dependents on all visas.

PoliticsNewsUK NewsMigrant Crisis