A Quora - Did Arab policymakers have plans for the Jewish population in case of victory in 1948

a425couple

Apr 17, 2021, 11:36:37 AM4/17/21
from Quora
Profile photo for Josh Korn
Josh Korn
Bona Fide Jerusalem Addict

Did Arab policymakers have plans for the Jewish population in case of
victory in the 1948 War?
Yes, they did - at the highest level.

The following quote is from Abdul Rahman Hassan Azzam (also called Azzam
Pasha), the Secretary General of the Arab League, in an interview with
the Egyptian newspaper Akhbar al Yom on October 11, 1947:

I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this
will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be
spoken of like the Tartar massacre or the Crusader wars. I believe that
the number of volunteers from outside Palestine will be larger than
Palestine's Arab population, for I know that volunteers will be arriving
to us from [as far as] India, Afghanistan, and China to win the honor of
martyrdom for the sake of Palestine ... You might be surprised to learn
that hundreds of Englishmen expressed their wish to volunteer in the
Arab armies to fight the Jews.

I don’t think there’s any way to interpret this statement except as a
genocidal threat against the Jews of Palestine.

Among the Englishmen who fought in Arab armies against “the Jews” was
John Glubb, who led the Jordanian Arab Legion, and who received a
knighthood for his work, which included the destruction of every Jewish
place of worship in the Old City of Jerusalem and the desecration of
dozens of Jewish graves on the Mount of Olives.

3.1K viewsView 31 upvotesView shares

Alex Bensky
19h ago
The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, spiritual leader of Palestine’s Arabs,
spent much of the war in Berlin and was promised control over mandatory
Palestine if the Germans had taken the area.

He did not at all hide his intention if that had come about, which was
to exterminate the Jewish population. As usual, if you want to see what
some people want to do, see what they accuse others of do. Palestinian
Arabs and their supporters claim Israel is committing genocide.

A glance at population statistics refutes this and of course the people
who threaten and would like to commit genuine genocide are the ones
accusing Israel of it.

Josh Korn
18h ago
True. Here’s what Husseini had to say over (short wave) Radio Zeesen in
March 1944 (and transcribed by staff in the US Embassy in Cairo):

Arabs! Rise as one and fight for your sacred rights. Kill the Jews
wherever you find them. This pleases God, history, and religion. This
saves your honor. God is with you.

I’d like to see anyone argue that this was not a call for genocide,
wouldn’t you?

Andrew Michael Lenihan
Thanks for your answer.

And Ahmad Shukeiry, the political leader of the Palestinians, said “I do
not believe that any Jews will survive the war”.