Another Sad End

Tiglath

Jan 16, 2024, 7:44:34 PMJan 16
Approaching: SHM coup de grâce.

Google built a buggy user interface inferior to the newsreaders we used before. They should have let someone who cared take over Usenet newsgroups. Someone who would add a modern UI to newsgroups and make it more fun and easier to use and still commercial free. Maybe in the next life.

Regulars fled to more exciting and toxic social media sites, where people get bombarded with adds, and also doxxed, fired or arrested for things they say and do online. It doesn't feel like an improvement over Usenet, socially.

Mr. Hines lost his joie de guerre long ago. His legacy reduced to supporting W in Iraq and Trump in the White House. We had good grammar and vocabulary from him too, but it's not enough given his potential. May his god bless him.

The world is like a big bowl of shit with no sugar cube in sight at present.
It pays to seek the remaining beauty and peace in life away from precarious human affairs.

Netanyahu proved me right in the end. He is a racist, dictatorial and corrupt asshole - a genocidal one, turns out. Israel has been charged with genocide in the International Court of Justice, and most of the world agrees. AIPAC shills are falling over each other trying to paper over this one. They partly succeed due to the huge historical ignorance of the American people at large. They make people believe Hamas started this war.

If you check the comments sections of articles on Israel, you will be shocked at the ignorance out there. Some people believe Israel paid for the land they occupy. Most people know little about the 1948 Catastrophe, and the preceding 50 years of Jewish immigration and infiltration, when Conquest was not illegal yet.

Life in America is financially advantageous for the hard working, but the United States has fallen into a Moral Abyss. The GOP is in shambles and the Democrats have gone woke mad and we keep electing idiots as leaders.

1. Biden's failure to aid Ukraine properly and timely as needed for swift victory. This cowardly president afraid of his own shadow, failed to provide enough arms when they could have tilted the war in Ukraine's favor. Now it's too late. Biden gave Russia time to dig in and harden defenses, and he is doing little to correct his huge strategic mistake, with his fear of Putin's red lines, and red lines of his own making.

2. "Emergency" arms deliveries to Israel. Biden bypassed Congress to expedite additional military aid to Israel. As if the military aid we send every year was not sufficient. As if the monster secret ammo stores in Israel were not enough. Israel is fighting not a powerful army, only guerrillas with no armor or air force, yet Biden considered it an "emergency" to send Natanyahu more ammo to enable and sustain his Palestinian genocide, with our taxes. Pure evil. That's a big one.

This country deserves another Trump term as punishment, as it learned nothing from 9/11. Yep, a well deserved four years term in the dungeon of despair, flies all green and buzzing, stinks so bad stones are choking, prisoners grumbling piss they clothes, scratch their matted hair... And the torture never stops.

I shall watch with a mix of sadness and relief the destruction of the so-called American Democracy. A corrupt moral wreck of this low quality must end, and may be born again, better, if Americans have it in them.

In 2020, I didn't vote for Biden, but against Trump. In 2024, I am not voting for Trump, but against Biden.

After almost 40 years living here, I shall leave disappointed. Yes, this country rewards hard work like no other place, but once you have enough money you want other important things like good, moral living, and little things like that your taxes don't fund genocide.

It will be sad indeed, when I hear from my new European digs about America's moral decline and fall, in Italian. But if the US is blind to genocide, it's no longer "the good guys." I want no part of it... Getting off that bus...

Molto bene.

Ciao.